Is it theologically sound to suggest the Father and Spirit may take on a physical nature like the Son in Heaven?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Is it theologically sound to suggest the Father and Spirit may take on a physical nature like the Son in Heaven?

Post by Storyteller »

I see it as the HS being the "essence" of God. The spirit of God. Kinda like the life force, the "soul" of God maybe.
We all receive the HS when we accept Christ, God. So there are three and One. All God.

I can kinda picture God the Father, Christ the Son as "people". I can "see" them but the HS I feel.

All seperate entities but One being. God.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Is it theologically sound to suggest the Father and Spirit may take on a physical nature like the Son in Heaven?

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:I see it as the HS being the "essence" of God. The spirit of God. Kinda like the life force, the "soul" of God maybe.
We all receive the HS when we accept Christ, God. So there are three and One. All God.

I can kinda picture God the Father, Christ the Son as "people". I can "see" them but the HS I feel.

All seperate entities but One being. God.
Out of curiosity, how do you picture the Father? How do you picture Christ?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Its kinda hard to explain....

God the Father... the source, the beginning, the end. The originator.
Christ... God, the Word made flesh. A living breathing God, if you like.

They are both God. They are both the HS personified. The HS is God too but not personified.
Kinda.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:Its kinda hard to explain....

They are both God. They are both the HS personified. The HS is God too but not personified.
Kinda.
Ok. I thought when you said you could kinda picture the Father and Son as people, you meant you could picture what they look like. Kinda like this:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:Its kinda hard to explain....

Kinda.
Ok. I thought when you said you could kinda picture the Father and Son as people, you meant you could picture what they look like. Kinda like this:
That too.

The HS would be the paint :)
ganaa
Familiar Member

Post by ganaa »

//writing from Mongolia,

Mellanie, I'd like to explain about Holy Trinity and I think your understanding & expression is little different than what scripture says.

The GOD is a Father
The GOD is a SON Jesus
The GOD is a Holy Ghost (Spirit).

They all are images of the one GOD and He presents Him as a Father, a Son and a Holy Spirit.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

What is the our image? we can see from above versus, GOD says about himself as "WE". This "We" means is not talking only Holy Spirit. It's talking about Father, Son & Holy Spirit.

2. Those all have own goals & purposes.
1.The God created all universe (including heavens 2 Cor 12:2-4) - Creator
2.The Jesus, only Son of GOD needs to pay the cost of our sins - Saviour
3. After lifted Jesus to the right side of His Father from Earth (Mark 16:19), we need support from GOD and He gave us His Spirit (Holy Ghost) John 14:16-17, 26-27 - Comforter & Guider.

This Holy Spirit is living is us and guiding us everyday in earth (Rom 8:26). The Saviour Jesus (Rom 8:34) Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
No matter where we live, we all same in front of GOD.
But our faith will define how strong we're shining...
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hello, Ganaa. Thanks for posting!

Please go to introductions (http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... e+yourself) and tell us a bit about yourself.