Love - *Divine Love*

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
LittleHamster
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

Love - *Divine Love*

Post by LittleHamster »

Last edited by LittleHamster on Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Love - Divine Love

Post by Nessa »

Soul-self awareness?

Sounds like new age terminology to me...
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Oooh but it does mention theosis ;)
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Nessa wrote:Soul-self awareness?

Yep, that's why I put "Mysticism" before the link :-)

All I'll add is that until the Holy Spirit gives us the gift of superconscious awareness, its not possible to experience Divine love in the normal waking state.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

LittleHamster wrote:
Nessa wrote:Soul-self awareness?

Yep, that's why I put "Mysticism" before the link.

All I'll add is that until the Holy Spirit gives you the gift of superconscious awareness, its not possible to experience Divine love in the normal waking state.
We've been talking about theosis in the 'Does God have faith in you?' Thread...what do you reckon....good or bad?
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

It depends on your definition of Faith. I would also pretend I'm God (for a moment) and then look at my own children to answer that question.

1. I love my children
2. I don't need faith in them. I love them.
3. Regardless of how they turn out, I love them.
4. If they run off and forget about me, I love them.
5. If they get involved in a sinful life, I love them.
6. If anything happens to them, I love them.
etc..

Faith doesn't even come into the picture.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

LittleHamster wrote:It depends on your definition of Faith. I would also pretend I'm God (for a moment) and then look at my own children to answer that question.

1. I love my children
etc..

Careful...that sounds a lot like unconditional love :P
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Nessa wrote:
LittleHamster wrote:It depends on your definition of Faith. I would also pretend I'm God (for a moment) and then look at my own children to answer that question.

1. I love my children
etc..

However not unconditional as we humans define unconditional...

Deut 7:9-11, "Know therefore that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments; 10 but repays those who hate Him to their faces, to destroy them; He will not delay with him who hates Him, He will repay him to his face. 11 "Therefore, you shall keep the commandment and the statutes and the judgments which I am commanding you today, to do them. NASB

John 15:6 "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned."

2 John 1:9-11, Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; 11 for the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds.

Scripture does not teach unconditional love as we do.

Next...

...As for Theosis - θεῖος - is found in 2 Peter 1:4. As stated earlier on the other thread, this term has been twisted to mean other things other than what it meant originally. Many folks warped this concept by adding ancient Greek Platonic thought into it by the things that your cynicism and disdain and condescension point out. I mention that this happened but if one does not listen and desires to be wise in his or her own ideas, it is on them, not me.

Question: then due to both your condescension, then we must absolutely forget the idea of a personal living relationship with Jesus Christ as possible and the above quoted scriptures as hogwash?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

B. W. wrote:
Nessa wrote:

1. I love my children
etc..

However not unconditional as we humans define unconditional...

Deut 7:9-11, "Know therefore that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments; 10 but repays those who hate Him to their faces, to destroy them; He will not delay with him who hates Him, He will repay him to his face. 11 "Therefore, you shall keep the commandment and the statutes and the judgments which I am commanding you today, to do them. NASB

John 15:6 "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned."

2 John 1:9-11, Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; 11 for the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds.

Scripture does not teach unconditional love as we do.

Next...

...As for Theosis - θεῖος - is found in 2 Peter 1:4. As stated earlier on the other thread, this term has been twisted to mean other things other than what it meant originally. Many folks warped this concept by adding ancient Greek Platonic thought into it by the things that your cynicism and disdain and condescension point out. I mention that this happened but if one does not listen and desires to be wise in his or her own ideas, it is on them, not me.

Question: then due to both your condescension, then we must absolutely forget the idea of a personal living relationship with Jesus Christ as possible and the above quoted scriptures as hogwash?
-
-
-
Why do you have the three dashes in your signature?

God treats sinners like that because of his justice...

And I guess it depends on how you define 'partake'
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Love - *Divine Love*

Post by B. W. »

What do the three dashes I use mean - do inquiring minds want to know?

Morse Code:
http://printerprojects.com/charts/morsecodechart.html

- T
- T
- T

Stands for - Time to Talk -

http://www.acronymfinder.com/TTT.html

So
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

B. W. wrote:What do the three dashes I use mean - do inquiring minds want to know?

Morse Code:

- T
- T
- T

Did everyone else know that? :P

time to talk..I like that cos I like to talk :mrgreen: and listen
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

B. W. wrote:

-
-
-
Hey B.W. . How can someone warp the concept of Theosis ? I thought it was fairly self-explanatory.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Is biblical Theosis, the idea that the Holy Spirit transforms a believer, into the image of Christ?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Nessa wrote:
B. W. wrote:What do the three dashes I use mean - do inquiring minds want to know?

Morse Code:

- T
- T
- T

Did everyone else know that? :P

time to talk..I like that cos I like to talk :mrgreen: and listen
I am not sure anyone has caught on to why I did this since I have been here on the board!
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:Is biblical Theosis, the idea that the Holy Spirit transforms a believer, into the image of Christ?
Pretty much the idea. The term was corrupted by incorporating platonic mysticism from Greek philosophy into it. Leave that part out.

One does not need to empty the mind, nor do they need to do some sort of spiritual exercises to experience an encounter the Lord. It comes as Jesus says: simply ask, seek, and knock just as the Jesus said. In God's time, not ours, it will happened. In fact, it is happening in Christians lives but for many they just don't think it is. Despite our shortcomings, we are being changed day by day till we go home to be with the Lord forever sealed and fully changed there.

Very simple...

Avoid the platonic mysticism from Greek philosophy at all cost. Sadly many in both EO and Protestant circles do not do this but embrace it thus giving theosis a bad name.

Folks do that same sorts of things with God's love, predestination, the rapture, grace, works, etc and etc.. too and tear each other apart in the process. What can you say?

:popcornduo: :lookingcloser:
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb: