What is Hell?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
somebodyelse
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

What is Hell?

Post by somebodyelse »

What are your views on hell?

I believe no one is in hell/lake of fire until after the final judgement. The souls of the dead are waiting for the final judgement somewhere.

Also what do you think of this article about hell?

http://www.fellowshipofthemartyrs.com/a ... ll-w-rose-
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: What is Hell?

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I believe hell is in the earth for now but will be outer darkness after the great white throne judgment.Perhaps black holes could be what the bible means when it refers to outer darkness that death and hell are cast into.

And about the article I don't like the KJV attacks but I think this is a good teaching on hell.I just don't understand the attacks on the KJV bible for many Christians have came and gone who read and believed the KJV bible and every one of the translators were burned at the stake so we could have a bible in English and this cannot be ignored by me.I've pretty much always read the KJV and I've never had any problems understanding it and we have concordances if I wanted to look into the translation.I don't believe you can beat a KJV bible and a good Strong's concordance.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
somebodyelse
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by somebodyelse »

My view with the KJV is it's good to check out the original words to get a better understanding/more expressive on passages.

As long a person is guided by the Holy Spirit. Will help them out and teach them no matter what translation you use.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

somebodyelse wrote:My view with the KJV is it's good to check out the original words to get a better understanding/more expressive on passages.

As long a person is guided by the Holy Spirit. Will help them out and teach them no matter what translation you use.
I agree,but I see a lot of attacks on the KJV for some reason.I don't consider myself a KJV only type person but I still don't understand the attacks on the KJV.I think it is unnecessary especially when IMO the link about hell is of the very same understanding you'd get from a KJV bible about hell.I think the KJV is seen kinda like an antique bible but it got the job done long before a lot of these newer versions have.

I don't know if it is just from mostly reading the KJV but it is actually a stronger worded bible compared to a lot of these newer translations.I mean I know they are for easier reading and applaud this,but for some reason even though it is easier to read? It seems a little weaker worded to me for some reason.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.