Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
bbyrd009
BANNED
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

Post by bbyrd009 »

"A person might think its going to rain but God would know that it might rain. God is always knowing and never misses his mark."

http://religion.wikia.com/wiki/At-a-gla ... _Bible/101
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote: I just checked the moderator logs, and nobody deleted your posts. Sounds like a classic case of user error, brought on by years of psychedelic drug use. :mrgreen:
yes, RickD, that is surely all it is. So, being the idiot that i am, i will try again, as you stone me for bringing you a different understanding of Word, no problem.
Stone you? Judging from some of your posts, I don't think you have a problem getting yourself stoned.
:poke:
when is the last time you were accused of being drunk at 9 am, RickD?

Maybe when you initially "got saved," and talked funny to your old friends, talked religiously, perhaps, having gotten a dose of the tares. At least that's how i started.

See that there are 3 baptisms, ok, water, spirit, and fire; and you have had one, you got born, that was the "water" one, nevermind the ritual water baptism you did, and maybe the ritual spirit one, Paul's "gurgling and cooing," which do not serve you.

My prayer for you is to go find the real, and go get accused of being drunk in the morning, ok bro?
Your comment "At least that's how I started' , suggests that you are a believer. But your attitude Towards God's Word does not exhibit / reflect that. You've had posts where you are very 'wordy' but don't really 'say' anything. And some of your comments are so far out in left field that a person simply sits there and 'shakes their head in wonderment'.

"and talked funny to your old friends , talked religiously, perhaps......" -- well -- if your conversations with 'them' have been like they are Here -- well -- "getting accused of being drunk in the morning"--- I can sort of understand how that could happen. :roll:
take what you can use, crochet, and leave the rest on the ground, for someone else, then. we cannot even discuss most things, things i have questions about, things i would like answers to, ok? Things that i would like to tell you. And you know what? Those who have more truth than me, or have all truth? No one can understand them; they don't even talk anymore.

i have walked on water, and so i make little sense to you now. But i was an apostate OP a month ago, ok? You think i am unintelligible now, lol, you should go find bbyrd009, Nov 9 or so. You think i am talking a lot and saying little now, but then agree with people who point to heaven tomorrow, and assure you that it is not, can not be today, bless them. ok. you have to see what you will see. if you want to see any more, you have to change your mind, and trust God and your hedge.

you cannot listen to the same people saying the same things that you already are sure are true, and expect to get different results. go listen to some new things. The Spirit will inform you, and guide you, there is no need to fear.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGBG8sZFBTc

Just as every cop is a criminal
and all the sinners, saints
as heads is tails
just call me Lucifer
cause i'm in need of some
restraint

tell me, baby, what's my name
i'll tell you one time
you're to blame

And YOUR reaction to that Is?
if i think that my opinion is so special, if i am so convinced that i am a god, then it follows that it is all my "fault," or all my responsibility. i am to blame. i will reap what i sow, and God promises me this is true. i can listen to the tomorrow people if i like, and believe that, and will reap the fruit of that. or i can accept that today brings me...what the Book suggests it brings me, and view tomorrow like the Book tells me to view it, and i will reap the fruit of that. "But, this trusted guy told me, with confidence, and he even pointed, there, to tomorrow..." is going to be a pretty thin excuse, next to the Book.
things are not as they seem, and you read the many indications of this in the Book a different way, and ignore many other things in the Book, "scapegoat, last days, hated Esau, Cain Wandered, Nehushtan," many other things, because of the veil, ok.

We are the moose, @ "moose v archery hunter."

We tell children "stay here for the present," as a joke.

We ask little children what their solution to a problem might be, for a laugh.

but the joke is on us, ok.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

crochet1949 wrote:
jpbg33 wrote:
jpbg33 wrote this
bbyrd009 I have not talked with anyone like you on this subject.

I was not even referring to Jesus being in the flesh either.

I was just wondering if you believed Jesus actually died on a cross since you do not take the bible literally.

What I am saying is that you can not tell me that the bible is literal in one part but not in another because how do you know if either part is literal or not. You have to take it all literal or all not literal and if you take it all as not literal then you are not saved.

Jesus explained the eating his flesh at the last super so no need to bring that up again.

When Jesus broke the bread he said this is my body and the wine was his blood and that we should do this until He comes again.
can you not read? I did not ask you that question again I was just explaining why I asked it.

Jesus said the bread was his flesh.

the bible only makes sense if we are caught up in the air. We are not Jesus we are representing Jesus on earth.

If you see Christians it is the same thing as seeing Jesus because if Jesus was here He would be doing the same things as the Christians.

We are not actually Jesus. When we read the bible we must read it with common sense and using common sense we know we will met him in the air.

Your comment "the Bible only makes sense if we are caught up in the air." What do you mean by '"caught up in the air".
Where in the Bible do you find that?

Another comment -- " if Jesus was here He would be doing the same things as the Christians" -- No He wouldn't be. WE are to be following Jesus Christ's example. He's the perfect one -- we aren't.

Literal compared to figurative passages -- it's obvious as a person is reading passages within their context. In the Communion Service / Lord's supper -- No one is eating the real flesh of Jesus Christ or drinking His real blood. And No person on this earth can turn a wafer or grape juice Into the body and blood of Jesus Christ. That is symbolic -- we are remembering Christ's death on the cross -- that was done For us -- until He Does come back for us.

The book of Revelation is full of symbolism and it Is understandable -- and it Does help to have a basic understanding of the other books of the Bible to understand even More of it. And it Does tell us what will happen in the future.

And there are three levels Of heaven. there is the atmosphere that We observe -- the planets and such. There is a middle heaven and there is the 3rd heaven. The very end of Revelation tells us that in the End -- God will bring down the New Jerusalem and has a description of that -- in detail. The earth that we know Now -- will be destroyed. And there Will be a very bloody war -- just like Revelation tells us about.

God has given us all this information in His book For A Reason. So that we Can know.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

when is 99 more than 100?
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGBG8sZFBTc

Just as every cop is a criminal
and all the sinners, saints
as heads is tails
just call me Lucifer
cause i'm in need of some
restraint

tell me, baby, what's my name
i'll tell you one time
you're to blame

And YOUR reaction to that Is?
if i think that my opinion is so special, if i am so convinced that i am a god, then it follows that it is all my "fault," or all my responsibility. i am to blame. i will reap what i sow, and God promises me this is true. i can listen to the tomorrow people if i like, and believe that, and will reap the fruit of that. or i can accept that today brings me...what the Book suggests it brings me, and view tomorrow like the Book tells me to view it, and i will reap the fruit of that. "But, this trusted guy told me, with confidence, and he even pointed, there, to tomorrow..." is going to be a pretty thin excuse, next to the Book.
things are not as they seem, and you read the many indications of this in the Book a different way, and ignore many other things in the Book, "scapegoat, last days, hated Esau, Cain Wandered, Nehushtan," many other things, because of the veil, ok.

We are the moose, @ "moose v archery hunter."

We tell children "stay here for the present," as a joke.

We ask little children what their solution to a problem might be, for a laugh.

but the joke is on us, ok.

Actually -- parents Should start with their children at a young age to figure out Small - kid sized problems -- why am I being punished for hitting Bobby in the nose? It's because 'hitting' is Not a good solution to Any problem. And self-control is necessary to learn at a young age. A spanking for being naughty or an explanation -- even though Bobby was being mean to you -- you Don't have the right to hit him in the nose or any other place -- you Might hurt him. And you Don't want to purposely hurt him. Cause when those kids are Older -- there Will be more serious consequences -- and as adults- being arrested for assault Will cause you to be in jail / prison. And just Maybe Your small child was being the mean person by hitting Bobby.

And Kids learn from the adults -- we might be surprised as to what a child's solution to a problem would be. I had a brother in law who started very young with his daughter -- as she first learned to talk in sentences -- he talked to her in big person's language -- Not baby-talk. He was a smart father. She developed a good vocabulary and language skills Early.
And when we hear small kids using Bad language -- swear words, etc. we need to check out who they are around. And we need to check our Own language -- how we've gotten into bad habits with our own language -- our kids Do mimic us.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:when is 99 more than 100?

Okay -- When? Because it's Usually 1 less than 100.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:

well, it is a riddle. figure it out. you touch the answer with your finger 3, 5 times a day. :)

an exercise to make you think differently...like a child. there even websites for this now
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

crochet1949 wrote:

It's a trick question. On a microwave, when you press 99, it's a minute and 39 seconds. When you press 100(one-zero-zero), it's 60 seconds. The problem with the riddle, is that microwaves read 100 as 1:00, not 100.

Don't fall for bbyrd's postmodernism crap.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:

well, it is a riddle. figure it out. you touch the answer with your finger 3, 5 times a day. :)

an exercise to make you think differently...like a child. there even websites for this now

And that has Nothing to do with anything Biblical. :shakehead:
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:

It's a trick question. On a microwave, when you press 99, it's a minute and 39 seconds. When you press 100(one-zero-zero), it's 60 seconds. The problem with the riddle, is that microwaves read 100 as 1:00, not 100.

Oh, I don't -- on one of these threads the other day -- he was making disparaging comments about this country / Washington DC. and trying to include Muslim / Islam influences. I figure that no one living in This country has any business making those kinds of comments. :shakehead:
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:

And that has Nothing to do with anything Biblical. :shakehead:
honestly, crochet, it does; it has to do with seeing through the veil, and becoming a god, ok? if you or i were children, we would have figured out the answer by now. i won't get the answer until in the morning--when the sun rises, and the day is half over, according to God; hmm--and i will come tell you then, ok.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:

nice! did you cheat, and ask google?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:

nice! did you cheat, and ask google?
Cheat? Your "cheating", is just what you think is subjectively wrong. In your "theology doesn't matter", "truth doesn't matter" world, cheating may be wrong for you, but may be right for me.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

You miss read my post I was not saying that Christians are perfect. I was saying that we are to be Christ like.

Then I said that if Jesus was here then he would be doing the same things as Christians. I know that Christians are not perfect, but what I was referring to was that just as Jesus said if you have seen Me then you have seen the Father. He wasn't really saying that He was the Father but that He was living His life the way the Father would have been living if He was the one that was there. So seeing Jesus in that sense was the same as seeing the Father.

We as Christians are suppose to be Christ like so that if a sinner see us it is as if they have seen Jesus. We are not perfect and we make mistakes some times but that should not be the norm we are to strive to be perfect.