Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1467
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 73 times

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

#676

Post by crochet1949 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:50 pm

jpbg33 wrote:no one was saved back then there sins were just road back
People have Always been saved either by looking Towards the cross -- by faith -- or looking Back at the cross by faith or living at the time Of the cross and acknowledging Christ while He was here.

User avatar
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Posts: 5489
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 336 times
Contact:

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

#677

Post by Jac3510 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:56 pm

jpbg33 wrote:We both know the bible says that just because you say you believe doesn't mean you believe.
And that's where you deny the gospel. The Bible says no such thing. In fact, it says the opposite, that some who believe won't bear fruit (so cf John 12:42). It says that if you believe, you have eternal life. Period. (John 6:47) It makes no distinction between true and false faith. You make that distinction to deny what the Bible actually says. For you, it's not faith alone, but rather faith plus what you call good fruit, which is little more than morality. For you, a person is saved by being good and then fixing Jesus' name over their works. For you, salvation is by works, and you deny that by saying that your good works aren't yours but the Holy Spirit's.

It's a lie. A literally damnable lie. It is a lie that will damn people to Hell (see Matt 7:21-23). Jesus says that everyone who believes has everlasting life. You say NOT everyone who believes, but only those who believe and live a good life. That means you're calling Jesus a liar. Repent, my friend. Believe Jesus rather than your own heresy.

And beyond that, thank you for so clearly demonstrating to others what is so wrong with your theology and why it is so dangerous to read the Bible the way you do. It's never good to see heresy. It is good to see it exposed, though, and you've done an adequate job of that.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.

jpbg33
Senior Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

#678

Post by jpbg33 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:09 pm

MickD Yes if you believe then you are saved but how do you know you believe

crochet1949 Yes that is how you get saved but how do you know you believed in your heart, if you didn't then you really didn't get saved. I can go to the alter and confess my sin and still not believe.

My question to both of you is how do you know you believed.

MickD you are saying that if I believe then I am saved yes you are right but how do you know you believe. You may be one that doesn't believe and just think they believe. It is through Jesus but we can know we are saved according to the bible.

Just knowing that people who believe are going to heaven doesn't have anything to with me knowing if I believe or not.

Jac3510 you lie the bible dose say we can know if we are saved or not. you may not bear fruit but Jesus said you will not bear bad fruit

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21394
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

#679

Post by RickD » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:16 pm

To believe in Christ, is to trust in Christ for salvation.

I trust in Christ for salvation. How do I know I trust Christ for salvation? Because I believe in who he says he is. I believe his work is efficacious for my salvation. I just have to trust in him.

Do you trust in Christ for salvation? Have you stopped trying to be good in order to be saved? Have you just stopped doing anything for salvation, and just trusted in what Christ has already done?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

jpbg33
Senior Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

#680

Post by jpbg33 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:26 pm

I have but, how do you know you have. You still have not showed me how you know you have. You could still just think you have done all of that. that is not knowing. The bible says we can know that our belief is real and not us just thinking we it is real.
Someone could do all that y'all said to do and think they believe but still not be saved . How dose the bible say we know we believe.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21394
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

#681

Post by RickD » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:32 pm

jpbg33 wrote:I have but, how do you know you have. You still have not showed me how you know you have. You could still just think you have done all of that. that is not knowing. The bible says we can know that our belief is real and not us just thinking we it is real.
Someone could do all that y'all said to do and think they believe but still not be saved . How dose the bible say we know we believe.
I just told you how I know I have. Read my last post.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
AreEl
Recognized Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:40 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Considering a move to North Parricide in Jacob's Bosom.
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

#682

Post by AreEl » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:35 pm

jpbg33 wrote:no one was saved back then there sins were just road back
I can see that you are very religious but have no faith in God.

Allow me to quote Jac3150:

"You don't know what you're talking about. "

jpbg33
Senior Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

#683

Post by jpbg33 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:56 pm

I know that all you have to do is believe.

You said osao only applies to though that believe, and that it doesn't to though that don't believe

that doesn't answer my question how do you know that you believe.

just because it applies to those who believe doesn't mean you believe how do you know you believe.

User avatar
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Posts: 5489
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 336 times
Contact:

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

#684

Post by Jac3510 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:02 pm

RickD wrote:
jpbg33 wrote:I have but, how do you know you have. You still have not showed me how you know you have. You could still just think you have done all of that. that is not knowing. The bible says we can know that our belief is real and not us just thinking we it is real.
Someone could do all that y'all said to do and think they believe but still not be saved . How dose the bible say we know we believe.
I just told you how I know I have. Read my last post.
The irony . . .
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.

jpbg33
Senior Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

#685

Post by jpbg33 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:33 pm

The irony is y'all will not answer the question.

jpbg33
Senior Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

#686

Post by jpbg33 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:36 pm

people if you are reading this you can know you believe and more then believe that you believe

What these people are not wonting to admit is that the bible dose tell you that we can know that we are saved just look for your selves.

and it is not just us believing we believe

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21394
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

#687

Post by RickD » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:37 pm

jpbg33 wrote:people if you are reading this you can know you believe and more then believe that you believe

What these people are not wonting to admit is that the bible dose tell you that we can know that we are saved just look for your selves.

and it is not just us believing we believe
Ok, I'll bite. What does the Bible say about telling us that we know we are saved?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

BigHamster
Recognized Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

#688

Post by BigHamster » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:39 pm

Some more good reading....There are over 10,000 (TEN THOUSAND+) posts on OSAS just under this video-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz1bF3TXB1Y

I like this one......

(a) Romans 8:30 declares, "And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified." This verse tells us that from the moment God chooses us, it is as if we are glorified in His presence in heaven. There is nothing that can prevent a believer from one day being glorified because God has already purposed it in heaven. Once a person is justified, his salvation is guaranteed - he is as secure as if he is already glorified in heaven.

(b) Paul asks two crucial questions in Romans 8:33-34 "Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died more than that, who was raised to life - is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us." Who will bring a charge against God's elect? No one will, because Christ is our advocate. Who will condemn us? No one will, because Christ, the One who died for us, is the one who condemns.

We have both the advocate and the judge as our Savior.
Last edited by BigHamster on Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users liked this post by BigHamster (total 2):
crochet1949 (Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:45 pm) • Philip (Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:03 pm)

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1467
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 73 times

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

#689

Post by crochet1949 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:48 pm

BigHamster wrote:There are over 10,000 (TEN THOUSAND+) posts on OSAS just under this video-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz1bF3TXB1Y

I like this one......

(a) Romans 8:30 declares, "And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified." This verse tells us that from the moment God chooses us, it is as if we are glorified in His presence in heaven. There is nothing that can prevent a believer from one day being glorified because God has already purposed it in heaven. Once a person is justified, his salvation is guaranteed - he is as secure as if he is already glorified in heaven.

(b) Paul asks two crucial questions in Romans 8:33-34 "Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died more than that, who was raised to life - is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us." Who will bring a charge against God's elect? No one will, because Christ is our advocate. Who will condemn us? No one will, because Christ, the One who died for us, is the one who condemns.

We have both the advocate and the judge as our Savior.

:clap: :amen: y@};-

BigHamster
Recognized Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

#690

Post by BigHamster » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:07 pm

Its getting a bit stressful reading all those posts on youtube. I don't think there is any moderation and so people are engaged in full-scale-doctrinal-war. There is about a 50/50 split on OSAS for and against and each side accusing the other of heresy, demonic posting, misinterpreting the bible, etc..

And I thought this forum was a little heated. I better get back to it.... :mrgreen:

----------------------------------

"If anyone will be justified by his works, he has no Faith in Jesus, because Jesus did the Work. Like that Crowd that will come to Jesus and say Lord! Lord! We have done wonderful Works in your Name.
Jesus answers: 'I NEVER KNEW YOU.' "

Post Reply