Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
jpbg33 wrote:I see were the bible says that a pastor should be a man.

But if a woman started a church and was preaching God's word I do not think she would go to hell for that.

I would not want to go to a church with a woman pastor because biblically they shouldn't be pastors but I do not have a problem with them. I don't think I could vote for a woman pastor either. I will let God work that one out

I'm NOT suggesting that a woman will be going to hell for That. But it IS a Biblical guideline -- and people simply Don't like following those. There are women who are Great public speakers and proclaimers of God's Word -- they go to Women's Retreats to speak to all women's audiences -- they teach / lead Women's Bible Studies.
and there are men who have not the first clue, and should be in prison, and not pulpits, too. Or at least whoever ordained them should be, imo. But we are to let the tares grow with the wheat, lest the wheat get ruined in pulling the tares. they serve a purpose, iow, so let them grow, i guess. i am terrible at this myself, and have trying to pull tares all my life.

I'd have to agree with you -- there Are some men who have no business behind a pulpit preaching. And there are some who Have ended up in prison. They Will answer to God for their actions. And I wouldn't want to be in their shoes. But -- I'll also be in My own shoes.

And That is Also why -- when looking for a church to attend -- take time to maybe go in and talk with the pastor -- before starting to attend or after you've heard him preach. Ask him after a service about what he's preaching. He Should be able to give you a Biblical response. He Should take time to show in Scripture what his basis is. If he won't, then go somewhere else. Now, granted , in some countries -- there is a State authorized religion -- a person either listens to That or they don't go to 'church'. Having a Bible --take the initiate to read for yourself. The Holy Spirit Can lead you to other believers.
bbyrd009
BANNED
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:so, when both of my other replies to that post are put up here, i will come back, ok?
I just checked the moderator logs, and nobody deleted your posts. Sounds like a classic case of user error, brought on by years of psychedelic drug use. :mrgreen:
yes, RickD, that is surely all it is. So, being the idiot that i am, i will try again, as you stone me for bringing you a different understanding of Word, no problem.
Stone you? Judging from some of your posts, I don't think you have a problem getting yourself stoned.
:poke:
when is the last time you were accused of being drunk at 9 am, RickD?

Maybe when you initially "got saved," and talked funny to your old friends, talked religiously, perhaps, having gotten a dose of the tares. At least that's how i started.

See that there are 3 baptisms, ok, water, spirit, and fire; and you have had one, you got born, that was the "water" one, nevermind the ritual water baptism you did, and maybe the ritual spirit one, Paul's "gurgling and cooing," which do not serve you.

My prayer for you is to go find the real, and go get accused of being drunk in the morning, ok bro?
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

jpbg33 wrote:
jpbg33 wrote this
bbyrd009 I have not talked with anyone like you on this subject.

I was not even referring to Jesus being in the flesh either.

I was just wondering if you believed Jesus actually died on a cross since you do not take the bible literally.

What I am saying is that you can not tell me that the bible is literal in one part but not in another because how do you know if either part is literal or not. You have to take it all literal or all not literal and if you take it all as not literal then you are not saved.

Jesus explained the eating his flesh at the last super so no need to bring that up again.

When Jesus broke the bread he said this is my body and the wine was his blood and that we should do this until He comes again.
can you not read? I did not ask you that question again I was just explaining why I asked it.

Jesus said the bread was his flesh.

the bible only makes sense if we are caught up in the air. We are not Jesus we are representing Jesus on earth.

If you see Christians it is the same thing as seeing Jesus because if Jesus was here He would be doing the same things as the Christians.

We are not actually Jesus. When we read the bible we must read it with common sense and using common sense we know we will met him in the air.

Your comment "the Bible only makes sense if we are caught up in the air." What do you mean by '"caught up in the air".
Where in the Bible do you find that?
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

if you will just highlight the phrase, and then Rclick on it, and then click "search google for ..." your search engine will give you the answer, crochet

http://biblehub.com/1_thessalonians/4-17.htm
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

"caught up in the air" is paraphrase this is what it actually says.

1Th_4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

the bible says to believe in this just as we believe that Jesus died on the cross. we believe the cross was literal so this must be as well.

1Th 4:14  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 
1Th 4:15  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 
1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 
1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

crochet1949 wrote:
jpbg33 wrote:
jpbg33 wrote this
bbyrd009 I have not talked with anyone like you on this subject.

I was not even referring to Jesus being in the flesh either.

I was just wondering if you believed Jesus actually died on a cross since you do not take the bible literally.

What I am saying is that you can not tell me that the bible is literal in one part but not in another because how do you know if either part is literal or not. You have to take it all literal or all not literal and if you take it all as not literal then you are not saved.

Jesus explained the eating his flesh at the last super so no need to bring that up again.

When Jesus broke the bread he said this is my body and the wine was his blood and that we should do this until He comes again.
can you not read? I did not ask you that question again I was just explaining why I asked it.

Jesus said the bread was his flesh.

the bible only makes sense if we are caught up in the air. We are not Jesus we are representing Jesus on earth.

If you see Christians it is the same thing as seeing Jesus because if Jesus was here He would be doing the same things as the Christians.

We are not actually Jesus. When we read the bible we must read it with common sense and using common sense we know we will met him in the air.

Your comment "the Bible only makes sense if we are caught up in the air." What do you mean by '"caught up in the air".
Where in the Bible do you find that?

I should have asked about the entire phrase "the Bible only makes sense if we are caught up in the air' -- the last part of the phrase 'caught up in the air' refers to the rapture.
Why would 'the Bible only make sense IF......."
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

Because the whole bible is about getting back into a good relationship with God and God judging those who do not accept the plain of salvation. And the whole then of the new testament is about us going to heaven to live with Jesus. Heaven is definitely not here.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

jpbg33 wrote:Because the whole bible is about getting back into a good relationship with God and God judging those who do not accept the plain of salvation. And the whole then of the new testament is about us going to heaven to live with Jesus. Heaven is definitely not here.
Oh, okay.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near."

"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!"

As you go, proclaim this message: 'The kingdom of heaven has come near.'

nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is in your midst."
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

but i am the one who "does not take the Book literally" :lol:
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:so, when both of my other replies to that post are put up here, i will come back, ok?
I just checked the moderator logs, and nobody deleted your posts. Sounds like a classic case of user error, brought on by years of psychedelic drug use. :mrgreen:
yes, RickD, that is surely all it is. So, being the idiot that i am, i will try again, as you stone me for bringing you a different understanding of Word, no problem.
Stone you? Judging from some of your posts, I don't think you have a problem getting yourself stoned.
:poke:
when is the last time you were accused of being drunk at 9 am, RickD?

Maybe when you initially "got saved," and talked funny to your old friends, talked religiously, perhaps, having gotten a dose of the tares. At least that's how i started.

See that there are 3 baptisms, ok, water, spirit, and fire; and you have had one, you got born, that was the "water" one, nevermind the ritual water baptism you did, and maybe the ritual spirit one, Paul's "gurgling and cooing," which do not serve you.

My prayer for you is to go find the real, and go get accused of being drunk in the morning, ok bro?
Your comment "At least that's how I started' , suggests that you are a believer. But your attitude Towards God's Word does not exhibit / reflect that. You've had posts where you are very 'wordy' but don't really 'say' anything. And some of your comments are so far out in left field that a person simply sits there and 'shakes their head in wonderment'.

"and talked funny to your old friends , talked religiously, perhaps......" -- well -- if your conversations with 'them' have been like they are Here -- well -- "getting accused of being drunk in the morning"--- I can sort of understand how that could happen. :roll:
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGBG8sZFBTc

Just as every cop is a criminal
and all the sinners, saints
as heads is tails
just call me Lucifer
cause i'm in need of some
restraint

tell me, baby, what's my name
i'll tell you one time
you're to blame
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Also -- we all come from different backgrounds and have different personalities. But having Jesus Christ as our personal Savior - Should be a unifying thing - not divisive in nature. As well -- when a person Does find a conflict existing in a church body -- depending on what is Causing the conflict -- addressing the issue and then deciding if it's necessary to form another group -- because there Is a passage that says -- if it is possible live in harmony with one another. But sometimes it isn't -- so -- rather than to be a disruptive influence -- it's better To leave and find a church body that works better for the individual.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

bbyrd009 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGBG8sZFBTc

as heads is tails
just call me Lucifer
restraint

i'll tell you one time
you're to blame

And YOUR reaction to that Is?
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGBG8sZFBTc

as heads is tails
just call me Lucifer
restraint

i'll tell you one time
you're to blame

And YOUR reaction to that Is?
if i think that my opinion is so special, if i am so convinced that i am a god, then it follows that it is all my "fault," or all my responsibility. i am to blame. i will reap what i sow, and God promises me this is true. i can listen to the tomorrow people if i like, and believe that, and will reap the fruit of that. or i can accept that today brings me...what the Book suggests it brings me, and view tomorrow like the Book tells me to view it, and i will reap the fruit of that. "But, this trusted guy told me, with confidence, and he even pointed, there, to tomorrow..." is going to be a pretty thin excuse, next to the Book.