The Creation is in Need of Allaah

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

But a rose called by any other name would smell just as sweet (butchered Shakespeare) I don't know how to express this idea well.... OK, here goes. Lutherans worship the same God Baptists do, who worship the same God Methodists do....etc. There are small differences (full immersion baptism, or water on head?). These denominations worship the same God, with some differences in interpretation and such.

This definition works for me: Religion: Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.

Christians believe in and have reverence for te same Creator that people in the Bible did (the obvious people, like the Jews, Job...not those of the obvious wicked nations and such). It's just calling a rose a different name really (except with Judaism nowadays...because God already sent His Son, and some Jews don't realize that He already died (there are Christian Jews, which is really cool....because you are of God's chosen people, and you worship Him as He really is....that and you have Christmas and Hannukah!) Hebrews 11 is good. It shows many people who followed God...(the heavy hitters like Noah, Enoch...)
hermitville101
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by hermitville101 »

People claim that the three of us (Christians, Jews, Muslims) have the same God but even if that is the case, we define Him differenetly. Which makes Him kinda different. :)
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Christians and Jews do worship the same God. The majority of Jews, though, don't realize He already came to earth (Jesus). The nature of Islam's Allah isn't the same as God's....Islam is the edited version. God isn't different because people see Him differently. If I were to say you have blonde hair, and someone else said you have black hair....you don't have both colors (unless you dyed half and half, but we assume you have one solid color).
hermitville101
Recognized Member

Post by hermitville101 »

I'm going to stop replying because we are in agrement, even if I did a poor job of showing that.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

OH, my bad.
hermitville101
Recognized Member

Post by hermitville101 »

no, its all good. :)