The Old Testament Concept of God

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: The Old Testament Concept of God

Postby Kurieuo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:37 pm

I have a post here, in the amputee thread. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42284&p=232507#p232526

Really we're not that similar at all to chimps. Of course there are things in common, however. But if you're suggesting we don't have a choice to rise above our animalistic instrict, to choose love rather than hate, then I'd say you're going against common intuition.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:32 pm

Kurieuo wrote:I have a post here, in the amputee thread. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42284&p=232507#p232526

Really we're not that similar at all to chimps. Of course there are things in common, however. But if you're suggesting we don't have a choice to rise above our animalistic instrict, to choose love rather than hate, then I'd say you're going against common intuition.

No, I'm just making an observation.
Of course humans can overcome their animalistic desires.

B. W.
Board Moderator

Postby B. W. » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:54 am

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:...I agree now, but the rebuttal some have of why would God allow and cause so much death to happen, well as you said those unsaved humans were enemies, and with the saved it is either a byproduct of being in this world and/or a way for God to discipline or strengthen us...

I am not sure any answer would satisfy closed minds deceived to believe how open minded they are.

To prevent death, then there would be no need to create Adam and Eve or angels. God could have done that, but part of his nature is Creator. He cannot deny Himself.

If he created unjustly then he is not a just God and a just God would indeed create humanity with free moral will as well as angelic beings too as he lives true to being all powerful, after all, what would he be afraid of?

To create humanity, without that free moral will would make God unjust, unrighteous, and most definitely not at all - all powerful. He would not be - God.

Militant Atheist bemoan the loss of free moral will if God took it away and at the same time hate the idea of God having people have a free moral will to create their own evil. Then seek to blame God for being unjust for both granting free moral will or not granting it.

Best approach, is to pray for such folks that in life they encounter the real presence of God as God wills. It is only such an encounter that will open their eyes.

Back to why evil - Ravi Zacharias, C. S Lewis, and others like them have given the best answers into this than I can here. Suggest you brush up on what they say about this matter and use that to sow seeds for the encounter of the Lord you pray for them to have happen. Maybe you need that as well... so let in be so in Jesus name, amen.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Postby PaulSacramento » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:50 am

but the rebuttal some have of why would God allow and cause so much death to happen,

I would ask why would He NOT allow it?

Return to “Christian Theology”