Questions(Reading the Bible from start to finish)

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Questions(Reading the Bible from start to finish)

Post by Mastermind »

Genesis 2:

18: Then the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him."
19: So out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name.

Yet Genesis 1 clearly states Man came last. What's going on?
Last edited by Mastermind on Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

By the way, I decided to read the Bible from start to finish, so I will ask any questions I have in this topic.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Genesis 6

19: And of every living thing of all flesh, you shall bring two of every sort into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female.

Genesis 7

2: Take with you seven pairs of all clean animals, the male and his mate; and a pair of the animals that are not clean, the male and his mate;
3: and seven pairs of the birds of the air also, male and female, to keep their kind alive upon the face of all the earth.

the first says 1 pair of each, but the second says 7 of the clean and 1 of the unclean.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Mastermind,

Genesis 2 does not support animals being created before mankind. Infact it is neutral on the issue. The only way you can read that animals are created before mankind is to assume the order you read things is the order things happen, but this is far from clear, and many theologians believe such isn't the case.

Now you're going to have many questions, and I think it very unreasonable to post every single question you have here. I recommend you seek your own answers out, rather than expect people to feed you every answer. I don't believe people are called to remain sheep, but rather they must learn to to fish. You will definately gain much more insight and satisfaction finding answers to your own questions.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Dont reed to much at one time. Stick to 2 pages a day, this way you have plenty of time to think about what youve read.
Because i was very eager to learn the bible ive read to much in one time and i couldnt cope with all the question that came with it. Dont make the same mistake.

Somewhere near Leviticus and Numeri, youl get very bored with all the laws, just skip it and go on to Deuteronium (sorry its latin)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Mastermind if your still wondering about Genesis 1/2 check this:

http://www.apologeticspress.org/abdiscr/abdiscr09.html
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

That makes sense, thanks.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi there Mastermind.....

I had the same question years ago....

Then I thought what if these words were symbolic, just like in Revelations ?

Well, you might want to look at this link... it's located on another forum it's not completed yet but I think it does make allot of sense.

http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/viewtop ... f553323e7d

Hope it inspires to some deeper thoughts.....