aliens

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

aliens

Post by Prodigal Son »

do you guys think God only created us or maybe aliens too?
or are aliens possibly demons?
the bible doesn't mention aliens so i'm guessing that God only created humankind and life only exists here on earth. or maybe he didn't want us to know about life on other planets?
but, the bible is so accurate in everything that i am leaning towards aliens being of demonic nature (mastermind has said they might be nephelim...must research this too).
there are pictures of ufos in cave paintings and since i recently discovered that cave paintings have dinosaurs in them and dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible...this also leads me to think they are demons.

God made other life or aliens demons?
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I highly doubt God would make such a large universe only for us. So my guess is He did make aliens as well. The Bible didn't mention them, and I'm guessing it didn't because they're not really relevant to our faith in God. The creation account itself only spans across a few pages, without any detail into how God made most things, and never leaves Earth. The Bible has nothing to say on the matter so...
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

MM wrote:I highly doubt God would make such a large universe only for us. So my guess is He did make aliens as well.
I believe if God ever did create another race, then they would perhaps be sealed off from us and vice-versa. Having aliens would really confuse matters here for us, unless we could see He had also clearly revealed Himself to them, which would actually confirm our faith.
colors wrote:the bible doesn't mention aliens so i'm guessing that God only created humankind and life only exists here on earth. or maybe he didn't want us to know about life on other planets?
but, the bible is so accurate in everything that i am leaning towards aliens being of demonic nature (mastermind has said they might be nephelim...must research this too).
I'd agree with your points colors. As bizarre as it might sound, if there were UFOs and aliens, I'd believe them to be demonic activity. As for the nephilum, nice thought, but I think it can make one sound a little crazy ;). This is just something we'll have to wait for, and find out at the end.

Anyone read Lights in the Sky and Little Green Men? I've heard it deals with such phenomena really well, and have it here ready to read, but haven't gotten to this book yet.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

if it's a good book let me know...i'll get it.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Kurieuo wrote: I believe if God ever did create another race, then they would perhaps be sealed off from us and vice-versa. Having aliens would really confuse matters here for us, unless we could see He had also clearly revealed Himself to them, which would actually confirm our faith.
That's what I'm hoping for, actually. Or at least, if they are technologically advanced, to be deists. Atheism is a plague and they would be the cure. Or at least a vaccine.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Oh, and apparently, martians have nothing better to do than clean human toy cars.

http://cnn.aimtoday.cnn.com/news/story. ... m&sc=romta
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Oh, and Kurieuo, we ARE separated from aliens. There are only 2 theoretical ways of getting to them:

1: Space bending. This is theoretically possible, since gravity bends space(and time). However, we don't even know what causes gravity, so we are nowhere close to figuring out how we could use this for travel. Engines that propel us to the speed of light are unwieldy since they would most likely also have to rely on gravity, and in addition, the ship would require some sort of protection to prevent it from turning into pure energy.

2: Worm holes, which would consist of naturally formed space bending routes. I highly doubt they are anything more than theory, for two reasons: First, God obviously placed safeguards on the universe against erratic gravitational forces. Black holes appear to be contained within their own pocket of space/time, preventing paradoxes like an infinite gravitational force from instantly sucking in the entire universe. The space bending to the point where it is practically "ripped" from the fabric of our own universe is, without a doubt, one of God's safeguards, to prevent accidental destruction. At any rate, even if worm holes do exist, there are none within the vicinity of our solar system, otherwise we would have detected it. As such, they wouldn't be of much use to us.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Like our sci-fi do we Mastermind? ;)

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

No, actually, I was just thinking about Einstein's Theory of General Relativity(Or special, one of those), that states gravity bends time and space. Around massive objects like the earth, the change becomes big enough to be noticeable. This has been tested and proven, so I don't see why I can't theorize about it to my heart's content. :(
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

Did anyone catch the Nova series on the quest for unification? It deals with general relativity and quantum theory, and how they differ because general relativity deals with gravitional force on a large scale while quantum theory deals with strong and week nuclear forces and electromagnetism. The 3-hour series delves into string theory (now M theory) which is meant to unify relativity with quantum theory - the "Theory of Everything" that can describe our reality in any condition rather than break down at certain scales like GR and QT do.

The theory calls for 10 or 11 dimensions, and this leaves open the possiblity that our universe is a 4-10 dimensional realm 'floating' in a higher dimension of space. This provides the conclusion that very near to us (but a distance in the 11th dimension) could be whole other universes. Anyways, they are theorizing that the reason that gravity seems so weak in comparison to other 3 forces is that the other 3 forces rely on strings that are bound to our dimensions... While gravity may have the chance to 'escape' our dimension and basically get diluted across many dimensions - so the force is just as strong, but we only 'feel' part of it.

Anyways, the moral of the story is that we could possibly use gravity waves (gravitons) to start perceiving the other dimensions and possibly even communicate with other intelligent life from another dimension. But the theory would also support the notion that currently we are indeed 'cut off' from any other created life.

I hope string theory turns out to be wrong because I don't 'like' the notion of parrallel universes and the notion that I may not be unique, but it is interesting nonetheless. The series is playing right now (this week) so if you wanna look it up and watch it you might find it interesting.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Gravity is the strongest force in the universe if used properly. Black Holes>Everything else

The reason why gravity seems weak is because it needs a lot of matter for it to strengthen, but its matter/strength ratio is much higher than the rest, so if it gets big/dense enough, it will beat any other known force.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

by the way, what channel is that on?
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

Mastermind wrote:by the way, what channel is that on?
In the US? Nova is a regular series on PBS.

You can watch it and then you'll see what they mean by 'strength' of the force.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

One more thing: gravitons are theoretical. They're just a placeholder since we don't know what gravity actually is. I also doubt the string theory is true, as other astral travelers will usually testify that gravity is not usually present in other worlds (I believe them, since I have experienced the phenomenon before).
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

Don't shoot the messenger man.

I just thought you might be interested in watching the series because it's particularly relavant to the topic at hand.