Struggle Reading the Bible?

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Struggle Reading the Bible?

Post by Kurieuo »

Many people want to read the Bible, but for whatever reason don't or don't get far.

If you have a tablet (best), or smartphone, then I highly recommend trying Read Scripture app by the people who do The Bible Project. URL to get it here: https://www.readscripture.org/

Install it, and give it a try it for a few days. I'd even recommend to non-Christians, at least those who like to challenge Christian beliefs, who also pride themselves on knowing Scripture better than most Christians. ;)

It breaks the Bible into readable chapters, but has within Bible Project's neat videos which unpack the structure of the books, what to look for while reading in all their very good videos. It really sheds new light on Scripture, which is obvious when reading, but often missed.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Struggle Reading the Bible?

Post by Philip »

K - and anyone else - I'd like to find a good timeline / event outline of the Bible for my sons - whose generation has very short attention spans, and typically don't like to read. Kind of like a chart or whatever. I've been searching a bit, but thought someone might know of an excellent one somewhere.
Nicki
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nicki »

Kurieuo wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:42 pm Many people want to read the Bible, but for whatever reason don't or don't get far.

If you have a tablet (best), or smartphone, then I highly recommend trying Read Scripture app by the people who do The Bible Project. URL to get it here: https://www.readscripture.org/

Install it, and give it a try it for a few days. I'd even recommend to non-Christians, at least those who like to challenge Christian beliefs, who also pride themselves on knowing Scripture better than most Christians. ;)

It breaks the Bible into readable chapters, but has within Bible Project's neat videos which unpack the structure of the books, what to look for while reading in all their very good videos. It really sheds new light on Scripture, which is obvious when reading, but often missed.
Thank you - that looks good. I probably don't have room for it on my phone at the moment but I'll be getting a better one sooner or later 8)
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Philip wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:48 am K - and anyone else - I'd like to find a good timeline / event outline of the Bible for my sons - whose generation has very short attention spans, and typically don't like to read. Kind of like a chart or whatever. I've been searching a bit, but thought someone might know of an excellent one somewhere.
There are quite a few smaller reads around, there is even one that just has all of jesus's sayings and nothing else.
You can get the individual books also.