Genesis Park

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Genesis Park

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Genesis Park

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:http://www.genesispark.com/
That's simply amazing! :sleep:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote:
I do like the idea that there could be dinosaurs in remote parts of the world. There's actually a good chance sea animals like mosasaurs still exist, I mean look at the reports of sea serpents, there are so many, and some match or are close to the descriptions of plesiosaurs, mosasaurs, etc. And we don't know but about 5 or so percent of the oceans, who knows they could've adapted to the flood (or to the K-T mass extinction, if one believes that anyhow) aftermath using punctuated equilibrium.
Then there is the case of Mokele Mnemnbe or however u spell it, the pygmies know their forest pretty well and they say there's a river creature that seems to be a rather small plesiosaur. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mokele-mbembe My question is how would it, if it's a dinosaur, survive so long and especially in a different climate like ours with less oxygen and colder climate (on average)? There is the possibility that is isn't a dinosaur and is more likely to be a rhino or elephant and the stories got mixed up over time due to folk memory.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
I do like the idea that there could be dinosaurs in remote parts of the world. There's actually a good chance sea animals like mosasaurs still exist, I mean look at the reports of sea serpents, there are so many, and some match or are close to the descriptions of plesiosaurs, mosasaurs, etc. And we don't know but about 5 or so percent of the oceans, who knows they could've adapted to the flood (or to the K-T mass extinction, if one believes that anyhow) aftermath using punctuated equilibrium.
Then there is the case of Mokele Mnemnbe or however u spell it, the pygmies know their forest pretty well and they say there's a river creature that seems to be a rather small plesiosaur. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mokele-mbembe My question is how would it, if it's a dinosaur, survive so long and especially in a different climate like ours with less oxygen and colder climate (on average)? There is the possibility that is isn't a dinosaur and is more likely to be a rhino or elephant and the stories got mixed up over time due to folk memory.
This isn't possible because food chains have changed, the environment is changed, the level of oxygen is changed. This is good for a movie plot but creatures for this long time don't survive alone but in ecosystems supporting them and in population, small or large that doesn't matter but breeding populations nonetheless. When dinosaurs ruled the earth, it was warmer than it is today, more humid, the sun's radiation level was different, even the thickness of the ozone was different. The amount of food they consume was different compared to now.

Another thing which people making such claims don't take into account is that the bacteria that changed dinosaur poop into organic matter no longer survives. If such a massive creature is still out there, it would be easily spotted because there would be no way so much poop goes unnoticed. We should be thankful that even big creatures like elephant dung is eaten by a special type of beetle. Otherwise getting rid of poop is a massive problem for any living system, which people often take for granted. However in the absence of specialized bacteria, the poop will not turn into organicmatter, hence a big problem and a big bull's-eye for whatever creature is here since the last 365 mi years or even 10000 years.

This literature of the so-called park is just wrong.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

neo-x wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
This isn't possible because food chains have changed, the environment is changed, the level of oxygen is changed. This is good for a movie plot but creatures for this long time don't survive alone but in ecosystems supporting them and in population, small or large that doesn't matter but breeding populations nonetheless. When dinosaurs ruled the earth, it was warmer than it is today, more humid, the sun's radiation level was different, even the thickness of the ozone was different. The amount of food they consume was different compared to now.

Another thing which people making such claims don't take into account is that the bacteria that changed dinosaur poop into organic matter no longer survives. If such a massive creature is still out there, it would be easily spotted because there would be no way so much poop goes unnoticed. We should be thankful that even big creatures like elephant dung is eaten by a special type of beetle. Otherwise getting rid of poop is a massive problem for any living system, which people often take for granted. However in the absence of specialized bacteria, the poop will not turn into organicmatter, hence a big problem and a big bull's-eye for whatever creature is here since the last 365 mi years or even 10000 years.

This literature of the so-called park is just wrong.
Ik there's less oxygen but over millions of years I thought they just would shrink and change diet (somewhat anyhow) to adapt. I didn't know about the gut bacteria being different though.Remember that site is from a YEC view, and they state earth is no more than 6-10000 years old, which even farming and buildings, presumed to be destroyed by the flood, r still around dating from 23000 years down. So if i was a YEC, I'd have to put the age of the world to at least 23K years, fyi.
JButler
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JButler »

"Primitive" species like crocs/alligators, sturgeon, Komodo Dragon are about as close as humans got to living with dinosaurs.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

birds too