The Question of God: C.S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud Debate God, Love, Sex, and the Meaning of Life

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
Vergil
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

The Question of God: C.S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud Debate God, Love, Sex, and the Meaning of Life

Post by Vergil »

Any thoughts on the book? reviews and criticism my dear brothers and sisters?
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
- Jesus Christ

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.
- Charles Stanley
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: The Question of God: C.S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud Debate God, Love, Sex, and the Meaning of Life

Post by crochet1949 »

I would think that the views of those two men would be Very different.

"For God so loved the world that He gave....." His existence is Assumed -- not questioned. Love is an action -- a person Shows love in many ways -- sex is the physical expression Of love within the confines of marriage. A person can have meaning of life Through living a life For God. There is eternal life waiting for everyone. We have the recipe for spending that time in heaven. Ignoring the recipe results in hell.
And, no , I haven't read the book.
Vergil
Established Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The Question of God: C.S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud Debate God, Love, Sex, and the Meaning of Life

Post by Vergil »

Well even I, but i was intrigued by it because it was used in a argument I've happened to chance upon while watching a very enlightening video (C.S Lewis on Free Will and the Problem of Evil) on which someone cited the Book in question and said "read Sigmund Freud vs CS Lewis, in which the author openly admits that CS Lewis' philosophy is much more superior." and I was interested in it.
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
- Jesus Christ

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.
- Charles Stanley