The Walking Dead

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1437
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby crochet1949 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:12 pm

Ah, no thanks.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8853
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Kurieuo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:09 pm

RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:I've got a comment -- my adult daughter has been watching The Walking Dead and I can't fathom Why. She lives on her own and with friends -- we are on different wave lengths in some areas.

The Walking Dead -- I've seen previews of episodes and don't understand Why anyone watches it. Or do people get attached to watching grotesque action? Don't people realize that what we watch gets into our minds and being? It's like being satisfied with getting a candy bar out of a bag of garbage? Or being satisfied with a half- rotten potato instead of getting a Good ham sandwich.

Just my thoughts.

IMO,

Watching the walking dead is a lot like male homosexual sex. It seems repulsive and disgusting, until you actually try it a few times. Then you're hooked!

:pound:

Err, I think you just went over a cliff Rick? :shock:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18094
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby RickD » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:32 pm

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:I've got a comment -- my adult daughter has been watching The Walking Dead and I can't fathom Why. She lives on her own and with friends -- we are on different wave lengths in some areas.

The Walking Dead -- I've seen previews of episodes and don't understand Why anyone watches it. Or do people get attached to watching grotesque action? Don't people realize that what we watch gets into our minds and being? It's like being satisfied with getting a candy bar out of a bag of garbage? Or being satisfied with a half- rotten potato instead of getting a Good ham sandwich.

Just my thoughts.

IMO,

Watching the walking dead is a lot like male homosexual sex. It seems repulsive and disgusting, until you actually try it a few times. Then you're hooked!

:pound:

Err, I think you just went over a cliff Rick? :shock:

No. I'm still here. :driving:

I was going for shock value on that one. Looks like it worked.

I can't see how anyone who watched the walking dead, couldn't get into it. Not for young children of course. It's just a great show. It's not just people killing zombies. There's a story, and great characters.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8853
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Kurieuo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:35 pm

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:I've got a comment -- my adult daughter has been watching The Walking Dead and I can't fathom Why. She lives on her own and with friends -- we are on different wave lengths in some areas.

The Walking Dead -- I've seen previews of episodes and don't understand Why anyone watches it. Or do people get attached to watching grotesque action? Don't people realize that what we watch gets into our minds and being? It's like being satisfied with getting a candy bar out of a bag of garbage? Or being satisfied with a half- rotten potato instead of getting a Good ham sandwich.

Just my thoughts.

IMO,

Watching the walking dead is a lot like male homosexual sex. It seems repulsive and disgusting, until you actually try it a few times. Then you're hooked!

:pound:

Err, I think you just went over a cliff Rick? :shock:

No. I'm still here. :driving:

I was going for shock value on that one. Looks like it worked.

I can't see how anyone who watched the walking dead, couldn't get into it. Not for young children of course. It's just a great show. It's not just people killing zombies. There's a story, and great characters.

I think you've put me off watching the show now. Thanks for ruining it for me. :esad:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18094
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby RickD » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:40 pm

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:I've got a comment -- my adult daughter has been watching The Walking Dead and I can't fathom Why. She lives on her own and with friends -- we are on different wave lengths in some areas.

The Walking Dead -- I've seen previews of episodes and don't understand Why anyone watches it. Or do people get attached to watching grotesque action? Don't people realize that what we watch gets into our minds and being? It's like being satisfied with getting a candy bar out of a bag of garbage? Or being satisfied with a half- rotten potato instead of getting a Good ham sandwich.

Just my thoughts.

IMO,

Watching the walking dead is a lot like male homosexual sex. It seems repulsive and disgusting, until you actually try it a few times. Then you're hooked!

:pound:

Err, I think you just went over a cliff Rick? :shock:

No. I'm still here. :driving:

I was going for shock value on that one. Looks like it worked.

I can't see how anyone who watched the walking dead, couldn't get into it. Not for young children of course. It's just a great show. It's not just people killing zombies. There's a story, and great characters.

I think you've put me off watching the show now. Thanks for ruining it for me. :esad:

Coral will be sad if you don't watch. Please watch, or he'll bawl his eye out.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Hortator
Senior Member
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ohio

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Hortator » Sun May 01, 2016 10:25 am

I don't know if you guys have been keeping up or not, but Fear The Walking Dead is starting to get more and more interesting. Basically, it looks like in tonight's episode, one of the kids has found a settlement, camp, compound that is largely untouched by the virus. There are still lights, helicopters and many other amenities from the old-world.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18094
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby RickD » Sun May 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Hortator wrote:I don't know if you guys have been keeping up or not, but Fear The Walking Dead is starting to get more and more interesting. Basically, it looks like in tonight's episode, one of the kids has found a settlement, camp, compound that is largely untouched by the virus. There are still lights, helicopters and many other amenities from the old-world.

Ahem...

This is a thread for discussing The Walking Dead. Not that cheap, no good spinoff called Fear The Walking Dead. The latter show is only there to fill the time between seasons of TWD.

:mrgreen:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Hortator
Senior Member
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ohio

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Hortator » Sun May 01, 2016 3:03 pm

RickD wrote:Ahem...

This is a thread for discussing The Walking Dead. Not that cheap, no good spinoff called Fear The Walking Dead. The latter show is only there to fill the time between seasons of TWD.

:mrgreen:


Fear is my methadone. I don't get any high as I do with TWD, but I don't get any withdrawal either.

I need it maaaan. y~o) y(:| :xxpuke: :prisoner:


Return to “Resources & Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest