The NKJV re examined

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
Starhunter
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: The NKJV re examined

Post by Starhunter »

Rob wrote:
Starhunter wrote: You might like to listen to Gail Riplinger's views more carefully before making a judgement.
Riplinger is completely bankrupt. She's dishonest in her citations and her entire position has been refuted multiple times by actual scholars. She and other KJV onlyists are not interested in a dialogue or even listening to opposition to their views and often resort to wacky and childish insults instead of merely backing up what they've said once their faulty logic or dishonest citation has been pointed out.
Here's a good playlist of scholarly discussion of Gail's book New Age Bible Versions from the John Ankerburg show. (She refused to take part in the discussion and defend her work, btw)
I hope you find out otherwise, that she is being misrepresented for attacking the works of Satan. The reaction of 'scholars' is no basis for dismissing her work.
Rob
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Rob »

Starhunter wrote: I hope you find out otherwise, that she is being misrepresented for attacking the works of Satan. The reaction of 'scholars' is no basis for dismissing her work.
Misrepresented in what way? Please be specific. As far as I know, quoting her book and then responding to it is not a misrepresentation. Since she published the book, she is responsible for the material contained within. If her citations are shown to be false and misleading, she needs to own up to it, which she apparently cannot do due to pride or that she was financially invested in the book at the time. Either way, it's a problem and Christians need to admit when they're in error.

Not sure why you put scholars in quotes. The folks in the videos I posted are indeed real scholars. Christian scholars too. There's also nothing really reactionary about what they said.

Works of Satan? Do you really believe that all modern versions of the Bible are works of Satan? Can you not come to a proper understanding of who Jesus is through the NIV?
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

God can reach you through a newspaper, but that does not mean it is the ordained and preserved Word of God.

False versions? Of course there are. The majority of Christendom now uses false versions. See the video by Walter Veith. Just one of many findings from all different denominations.

I used to have several versions in my room without ever thinking that any were not reliable, but when I accidentally found contradictions I had to find out what was going on.
I did comparisons on the RSV when it first came out. It is so crooked I don't blame some who burned it. I have compared the good news Bible, if one can call it that, the NIV, and some work on the NASB and NKJV. I dropped these versions when they explicitly denied or omitted important truths.
I have never criticized someone for reading such versions, or burned other Bibles, because that would be unnecessarily offensive.
We both know that people are not lost by reading other versions, or saved by reading the original, but by whether they honestly relate to God in prayer and are submissive to His will or not.
Rob
Valued Member

Post by Rob »

Starhunter wrote:God can reach you through a newspaper, but that does not mean it is the ordained and preserved Word of God.
And only the TR is, eh?

I will watch the Walter Veith video, digest it, and respond to it here when I have time. Without watching the video, I bet he's going to go the route of trying to show that Westcott and Hort's work has been corrupted because the Greek manuscripts came from... BUM BUM BUMMMMM... ALEXANDRIA!!!
And since Egypt is so incredibly evil, nothing good could ever come from there!

I see he identifies as SDA. I wonder what he thinks of Ellen White, the Clear Word Bible, and if he believes that Jesus is Michael the Archangel.
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

I have watched many of Veith's videos, he is an SDA, who also believes in the writings of White, and that Michael is Christ.
He was raised a Catholic, then became an atheist and a well known proponent of evolution, then he tried Catholism again, then he was contacted by an Adventist tradesman, who left him a leaflet. Years later when a Catholic priest could not get rid of demons in his house, he found the article by the SDA and phoned him up. The group prayed for him and the years of harassment by the demons stopped.
He became an SDA after studying with the tradesman for some time. Later he learned about White and studied her writings. He learned about the different versions of the Bible, and is a very knowledgeable individual about the way that Satan has set up his systems of control through the antichrist etc.

I heard about the different versions, and TR years ago and have never regretted staying with the KJV.

By the way, I have done some comparisons between the different Christian religions, and I found that the SDA's, Seventh Day Baptists and the Jews keep the Sabbath as outlined in the commandments. I agree with the Bible that the Sabbath is holy and set apart by God. I have not yet found in scripture that the Sabbath has been changed to Sunday. I guess that's why so many Christians believe that the ten commandments are no longer of any consequence.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Starhunter wrote:I have watched many of Veith's videos, he is an SDA, who also believes in the writings of White, and that Michael is Christ.
He was raised a Catholic, then became an atheist and a well known proponent of evolution, then he tried Catholism again, then he was contacted by an Adventist tradesman, who left him a leaflet. Years later when a Catholic priest could not get rid of demons in his house, he found the article by the SDA and phoned him up. The group prayed for him and the years of harassment by the demons stopped.
He became an SDA after studying with the tradesman for some time. Later he learned about White and studied her writings. He learned about the different versions of the Bible, and is a very knowledgeable individual about the way that Satan has set up his systems of control through the antichrist etc.

I heard about the different versions, and TR years ago and have never regretted staying with the KJV.

By the way, I have done some comparisons between the different Christian religions, and I found that the SDA's, Seventh Day Baptists and the Jews keep the Sabbath as outlined in the commandments. I agree with the Bible that the Sabbath is holy and set apart by God. I have not yet found in scripture that the Sabbath has been changed to Sunday. I guess that's why so many Christians believe that the ten commandments are no longer of any consequence.
I have not be able to verify the day of the true Sabbath unless you use a Lunar Calendar and count the literal days to the seventh day of creation. Quite impossible for us today to do. Saturday is Saturn's day a day on the solar week commemorating the Roman god of the same name:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_%28mythology%29

Go figure and ask, why does the Passover fall on a different solar weekday every year as well as our own birthdays?

See the issue?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Jw's believe that Jesus is the Archangel Michael also.

In regards to the Sabbath, well, if we go by the bible the OT 100% then gentile are NOT under the Sabbath unless they live with Jews.
If we go by the NT and since only Paul commented on the Sabbath then either keeping it or not is an individual choice.
Rob
Valued Member

Post by Rob »

Starhunter wrote:I have watched many of Veith's videos, he is an SDA, who also believes in the writings of White, and that Michael is Christ.
I see. Interesting. Sorry, I haven't gotten to your video yet, I've been busy. I will try to soon.
Starhunter wrote: I heard about the different versions, and TR years ago and have never regretted staying with the KJV.
The KJV is a good translation of the TR. There definitely are issues, though with the TR itself. (Not the KJV translator's fault) An example would be The Book of Revelation.
JButler
Established Member

Post by JButler »

How many fans of the 1611 KJV known about these symbols in the 1611? I don't know exactly which printing these are in.
Also notice there are margin notes! Wonder if King James saw this since he hated margin notes?

Romans 1, a witch growing up from the ground with branches growing out from her fingertips?

Revelation 1, Neptune god of the sea?
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.