Thomas Howe's Toward A Thomistic Theory of Meaning

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Thomas Howe's Toward A Thomistic Theory of Meaning

Post by Jac3510 »

For those of you who want a good grasp on the classical view of linguistics, I cannot recommend more highly Thomas Howe's Toward a Thomistic Theory of Meaning. You can download it in full at that link.

This is a particularly important issue when dealing with people who have any kind of education in modern philosophy. It is also very helpful if you want solid answers on how we can know anything at all. It's really very good. :)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Thomas Howe's Toward A Thomistic Theory of Meaning

Post by jlay »

thank you sir.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious