free Bible commentaries on the net

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: free Bible commentaries on the net

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Reactionary wrote: I'm proud to point out that here in Croatia we regularly use electricity, plumbing, oil, and quite obviously, the Internet. So I'm afraid that you're mistaken with your description, my dear humourous Western colleague.
Well...I'm not really mistaken about Croatia being ''Slobovia'' but I think we have a cultural misunderstanding here; allow me to explain. Unlike Europeans, most North Americans are notoriously ignorant about geography. So, if I say ''Croatia'' to someone around here they will have no clue as to where it is...assuming they even know that it exists. From our point-of-view, Croatia is in the same group as Turkmenistan, Bhutan and Swaziland...sorry!
Reactionary wrote:
Zagreb, Croatia - Vaduz, Fürstentum Liechtenstein 517 km
WOW! 517 km from Slobovia to Upper Slobovia!

FL :pillows:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Reactionary
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Reactionary »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Reactionary wrote: I'm proud to point out that here in Croatia we regularly use electricity, plumbing, oil, and quite obviously, the Internet. So I'm afraid that you're mistaken with your description, my dear humourous Western colleague.
Well...I'm not really mistaken about Croatia being ''Slobovia'' but I think we have a cultural misunderstanding here; allow me to explain. Unlike Europeans, most North Americans are notoriously ignorant about geography. So, if I say ''Croatia'' to someone around here they will have no clue as to where it is...assuming they even know that it exists. From our point-of-view, Croatia is in the same group as Turkmenistan, Bhutan and Swaziland...sorry!
So, FL, do you belong to that majority? :)
Reactionary wrote:
Zagreb, Croatia - Vaduz, Fürstentum Liechtenstein 517 km
WOW! 517 km from Slobovia to Upper Slobovia!

FL :pillows:
FL, now I'm confused. May I ask why you named yourself after the aforementioned principality?
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Reactionary wrote:FL, now I'm confused. May I ask why you named yourself after the aforementioned principality?
Because I used to go there often. When in FL, I lived in Triesen, not in Vaduz. I spent my honeymoon there. FL is also the last vestige of the Roman Empire and the idea amuses me.
Reactionary wrote:So, FL, do you belong to that majority?
The geographically ignorant majority? No! I have a photographic memory when it comes to maps. I've worked as a truck driver and a pilot in the past, so I can get around without a GPS. I once went from my (then) home Neuchâtel to a small hotel in Lugano (CH) without a map because I had forgotten it at home. (I'm very well travelled but I've never been to your part of Slobovia...)

My son, however, who is more educated, wiser and smarter than I am, didn't think it bizarre when - as a test - I told him that Fiji had invaded Laos.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Reactionary
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Reactionary »

Reactionary wrote:FL, now I'm confused. May I ask why you named yourself after the aforementioned principality?
Because I used to go there often. When in FL, I lived in Triesen, not in Vaduz. I spent my honeymoon there. FL is also the last vestige of the Roman Empire and the idea amuses me.
Reactionary wrote:So, FL, do you belong to that majority?
The geographically ignorant majority? No! I have a photographic memory when it comes to maps. I've worked as a truck driver and a pilot in the past, so I can get around without a GPS. I once went from my (then) home Neuchâtel to a small hotel in Lugano (CH) without a map because I had forgotten it at home. (I'm very well travelled but I've never been to your part of Slobovia...)

My son, however, who is more educated, wiser and smarter than I am, didn't think it bizarre when - as a test - I told him that Fiji had invaded Laos.

FL
I understand. Thanks for sharing about your life, FL. :)

By the way, this part of Slobovia also has plenty of ancient Roman vestiges, just to let you know. ;)
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

http://biblecommenter.com/genesis/1-1.htm

There one finds parallel commentaries by various authors.
In the upper-left corner one chooses the verse he is interested in.

Have fun!
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart