Inferno,Purgatory & Paradise - Dante... review?

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
CeT-To
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Inferno,Purgatory & Paradise - Dante... review?

Post by CeT-To »

Can any one link me to a review of these books? Or any opinions ? is it enjoyable or bad? etc etc

God Bless

Francesco
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Inferno,Purgatory & Paradise - Dante... review?

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Dante's Inferno? It's probably one of the most influential books in Christian History in terms of it's impact upon the cultural and traditional views of hell, and the merger of the greek view of Hades with the Judeo-Christian views of the several terms commonly translated into "hell" in most versions of the english Bible. (That's a statement of fact, not an advocation of any particular position.)

Any book that you're interested in, you should be able to look it up on Amazon and there will be reviews on it there.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Thanks for the advice Bart, do you know which translation is the best for the 3 volumes? So far I've herd that Robert Hollander is the superior one because it has notes and it explains everything thus more enjoyable.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

CeT-To wrote:Thanks for the advice Bart, do you know which translation is the best for the 3 volumes? So far I've herd that Robert Hollander is the superior one because it has notes and it explains everything thus more enjoyable.
I don't have an opinion on which translation would be best. I read the book as part of my humanities course in college, yea, many years ago. I didn't appreciate at that time how important the book was in many areas. I'd just check the reviews and see if there's anyone that more than the others stands out. Otherwise, it's a very old and very translated work that is pretty well expounded on in terms of its literary and philosophic impact.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Alrighty. I'm just afraid that once I buy the 1 volume i won't be able to understand it ..and end up wasting money >.>

Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

There is a video game based after this if you're a gamer.
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox