Surprised by Hope. N.T. Wright

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
sinnerbybirth
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Surprised by Hope. N.T. Wright

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Just looking to see if anyone can tell me about N.T. Wrights book Surprised by Hope. A friend said it's a great book. I can't say I know much about N.T. Wright.

Thanks and GOD Bless!
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Surprised by Hope. N.T. Wright

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I haven't read the book. I've done a little reading about N.T. Wright and he's a pretty polarizing figure as of late. He comes from a more liberal academic background and some of his writings have proven challenging or found wanting, especially by those from reformed backgrounds (example John Piper) and for those who have difficulty with or reject any form of theological understanding that suggests anything other than a full 100% grace position.

I haven't come to a conclusion as I lack enough familiarity with his direct writings to form a conclusion, but that's what I know of him.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
sinnerbybirth
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Thank you sir!

Anyone else?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

sinnerbybirth wrote:Thank you sir!

Anyone else?
Sorry can't comment. Although I hear his name dropped a lot by Christians I'd respect.