Forgotten God

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
ChrisB
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Forgotten God

Post by ChrisB »

I just finished this book yesterday, and it was great!

In this book, author Francis Chan talks about how we can better our relationship with God's Holy Spirit by letting Him lead our lives, and trusting Him that He will provide for us, and in so doing bringing glory to our Father in Heaven and our Lord Jesus Christ, that His name may be magnified. The book also talks about how churches all across the U.S. have neglected His presence and power for so long, having opted for musical and intellectual talent instead, that most people are left talking about how good the music was rather than the power of the message behind it.

To be honest, I never really put much thought towards the Holy Spirit before I read this book, and now I'm beginning to trust Him more, and pray for greater intimacy with Him.
If anyone has ever wondered about the Spirit of God but are not quite sure how to approach Him, I recommend this book to you.

"If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." Galatians 5:25
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Forgotten God

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I've had it on my To Be Read shelf for quite some time. I need to get to it soon. Thanks for the reminder.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender