''The Jerome Conspiracy''

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
catherine
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

''The Jerome Conspiracy''

Post by catherine »

I've just finished reading this very interesting book and wondered if anyone else had read it?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: ''The Jerome Conspiracy''

Post by B. W. »

catherine wrote:I've just finished reading this very interesting book and wondered if anyone else had read it?
Never heard of this book - what is it about?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Whoops found it on On this Link
Select Internet Reviews: (Jerome Conspiracy First Edition)

Book Summary
By Gerald Peppy Jr. - 12/17/2008

Documents the unwritten history of how the doctrine of hell became part of mainstream Christianity and the Bible. The book's documentation shows:

1) The Roman Fathers (who are often quoted for their teaching of eternal punishment) represent the tiniest minority of Christians at the start of the faith.

2) The overwhelming vast majority of original Christians were taught universal salvation - not just in church but also in the earliest theological schools as well.

3) Almost overnight, mainstream Christianity shifted from belief in universal salvation to belief in the Roman doctrine of eternal punishment in hell.

4) The book then reveals the historical events which led to this sudden and instantaneous shift. (The historical revelation is not only fascinating, but it also has profound implications for the Christian faith today.)

This book blows the lid off a dirty little secret behind the development of a core Christian belief. And it reveals the surprising differences between the original Bible penned by the apostles and the modern versions read in churches today.

In my opinion, the Christian faith is very well served in the overall conclusion of the book. Despite the uncensored depiction of the raw historical truth, the book remains pro-Christian, pro-Bible in its final analysis.

I strongly recommend this book for Christians and non-Christians alike. A fascinating read regardless of your religious persuasion.
Sorry Catherine Jesus does not agree with Mr. Woods or Gerald Peppy Jr use of weasel words -- neither does the Old Testament.

And no — the subject of Hell was not invented by politicos to keep the masses obedient and enslaved to evil Orthodox Christianity repressing Gnostic and other noblely pure cultic groups.

If the is no Hell — so then what does it matter - who cares? If there is, then there is much to be concerned about. Since there is, it stands to reason the devil and is minions would do everything to hide it from those heading there. That alone should be evidence enough that it does.

Jesus warns us of its reality in the plainest and simplest of language that can be understood throughout the passage of time; yet, people like Mr. Wood's will use excessive verbiage to nullify the very words of Christ exalting the opinions of men. Be careful of those that lead people away from Christ with great swelling words of emptiness.

Despite what he and others say, the early Church and church fathers all taught on hell as Jesus taught. People have a right to believe what they want too. In the end — we all face eternity. Jesus never agreed with the masses. In fact he said, “Narrow is the way and few find it but broad is the way of destruction and many rush in.” Mr. Wood and other like this teach the broad way that appeals to the masses. So beware…
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
catherine
Established Member

Post by catherine »

B.W, thanks for your link. Although I find the 'arguments' against a literal hell very convincing, and I've read lots of articles about this ( for and against a literal hell) I take seriously the idea that we can be separated from God. I take the stance that I'm not sure so I will 'assume' there is a 'cutting off' from Jesus. Now I'm not sure if that is forever, or if we'll be conscious or not. I still fear whatever the outcome is, so I just pray to God to help me understand these things and I try to live each day, the way Jesus wants us to live. Your article on hell was interesting by the way.

regards

Catherine
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

catherine wrote:B.W, thanks for your link. Although I find the 'arguments' against a literal hell very convincing, and I've read lots of articles about this ( for and against a literal hell) I take seriously the idea that we can be separated from God. I take the stance that I'm not sure so I will 'assume' there is a 'cutting off' from Jesus. Now I'm not sure if that is forever, or if we'll be conscious or not. I still fear whatever the outcome is, so I just pray to God to help me understand these things and I try to live each day, the way Jesus wants us to live. Your article on hell was interesting by the way.

regards Catherine
Hi Catherine,

If you have not already, please ask Christ into your heart and become born again from above Understand that the Christian walk is a walk of becoming gradually more like Christ in conduct and Character. Part of the Christian experience is discovered by what Psalms 37:27 says and what Peter wrote in 1 Peter 3:8-12, “Let him turn away from evil and do good.” And also, what Paul writes in his epistles about learning to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. That is the walk of salvation.

If you do sin, remember 1 John 1:7-10 and confess it. By doing so, you will learn to sin less than the day before and discover the victory the bible proclaims. John wrote in 1 John 3:10, “In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whosoever does not practice righteousness is not of God....” NKJV

Practicing righteousness involves learning to sin less than the day before and if you sin more — confess it. Also learn to love others as Christ did. This does not mean to be all gooey and flakey. God's kind of Love involves tuff love when needed and is not afraid to speak the truth for another's personal growth.

Never think every human being is a child of God. The bible does not teach this: John 3:10, “In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest…” There are two kinds of children, those that are sons and daughters of the adoption who now belong to God and others who are children of the devil who practice the ways of the world with finesses and skill.

Pray for those who know not Christ to become God's child adopted into the heavenly family of all the saints. Walking the Christian walk is not a walk of works involving never ending list of following a set of do's and don'ts. This walk involves shedding the shackles of sin day by day, becoming more Christ like in the content of your character, learning the cost of love for your fellow Christians trod'n the same path as you.

These things are seldom taught in the Church due to the fear of works. Works do not save you nor do they keep you saved. If granted time, a Child of God will depart from evil and learn to do good because they have learned to love the Lord with all their being and willing to become clean by the blood Christ shed and the working of the Holy Spirit on one's soul.

Also heed the words the apostle John wrote so long ago:

2 John 1:7-9, “For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.

“9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; 11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
” NKJV

1 John 3:23-24, “And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.” NKJV

God bless!
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
catherine
Established Member

Post by catherine »

Hi B.W, yes I've asked Christ into my heart and life. I continually pray for God's help to understand His word and to live according to His will. I understand that it is a gradual process. I'll take on board the point you make about not all people being God's children. Thanks again for your help and the scriptures you reminded me of.

best wishes

Catherine