Left Behind Series

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Left Behind Series

Post by Silvertusk »

I have just finished reading these - all 12 of them. The first one was very interesting theologically and the interpretation they have of Revelation is very credible. The last book where Christ reappears is handled extremely well and protrays an immense level of awe and power that is to be expected of the Son of God. Great stuff.

God Bless

Silvertusk
Ark~Magic
Established Member

RE:

Post by Ark~Magic »

You're suggesting to us to read a wacky dispensationalist fiction book as an apologetic? Oh [love]. Why can't you just reccomend Bambi as a defense for the account of Christ's ressurection?
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

I'm almost done with book 1 now. I've been told the other books are very repetitive. Is this true? I have been dying to read the last one. It seems like it would be neat!
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Mystical wrote:I'm almost done with book 1 now. I've been told the other books are very repetitive. Is this true? I have been dying to read the last one. It seems like it would be neat!
I quite enjoyed it. It is worth getting through to the last book - there are some real "Yes!!" moments throughout.

And Ark-Magic I did not recommend it has an Apologetic book - just a good read with some interesting theology throughout. Fiction books can be though provoking as well you know. It you want a good Apologetic book - Try "Does God beleive in Athiests" by John Blanchard. That is very good.

Silvertusk
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

Just finished the first book! Can't believe they'd end it like that! :P One question. When it's all over, will God start another earth? Will there be a neverending cycle? Or, will we rest forever? If so, why will he be content with that?

Post by Guest »

Mystical wrote:Just finished the first book! Can't believe they'd end it like that! :P One question. When it's all over, will God start another earth? Will there be a neverending cycle? Or, will we rest forever? If so, why will he be content with that?
I don't want to spoil the ending. I think I will just leave you to find out. Remeber this is just one interpretation of Revelation - But I quite like it.

God Bless

Silvertusk
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

:D I'm going to go pick up book 2 today.