Embraced by the light - Betty J Eadie

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Embraced by the light - Betty J Eadie

Post by B. W. »

The devil oft appears as an angel of light, even in NDE's. Read the chapter in my book, Dear Pudding and ask yourself if that person was resuscitated back to life by medical means before she realized she was where she was really at, what would she be saying now?

In Ez 28:14 it mentions that the devil before he fell was the 'anointed cherub who covers...'

This means he knows how to mimic the things of God and twist the concept of God's love in various deceptive ways cause people to turn away for God and embrace New Age Concepts, occult teachings, Heresy as being of God.

In John 14:6 Jesus said..."I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

Does her book teach this?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Blessed
Valued Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

RickD wrote: Maybe he'll comment. Unless he has reservations.
Ha ha ..good one! :)
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: I got a book of Mormon from an old trailer that was demolished in the neighborhood for money and to make the scrap-pile bigger-I read some of it and I could see it was fake.
I am not at liberty to say it's fake. Because I am emotionally biased. I really loved the Mormon peoples I met at the church. I attended investigating trying to determine if the religion was right for me.

However ultimately, I had to look for other evidences outside my feelings, to determine authenticity. I came to the conclusion I could not convert because of the lack of archeological evidence. I also did not like how the "prophets" changed their positions over time. Prophecies come from God. When you go back on your prophecies, your prophecy was never a prophecy to begin with.

There are certain, central themes I concur with throughout the book though. Also people have to understand they incorporate the Old and New Testaments into their sermons.

Thinking it's fake feels very tragic. They have a perfect community. To me Mormons felt like ideal Christians. What Christians used to be. Should be. There was something very special about their church. Felt bad to stop going. :(
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: I got a book of Mormon from an old trailer that was demolished in the neighborhood for money and to make the scrap-pile bigger-I read some of it and I could see it was fake.
I am not at liberty to say it's fake. Because I am emotionally biased. I really loved the Mormon peoples I met at the church. I attended investigating trying to determine if the religion was right for me.

However ultimately, I had to look for other evidences outside my feelings, to determine authenticity. I came to the conclusion I could not convert because of the lack of archeological evidence. I also did not like how the "prophets" changed their positions over time. Prophecies come from God. When you go back on your prophecies, your prophecy was never a prophecy to begin with.

There are certain, central themes I concur with throughout the book though. Also people have to understand they incorporate the Old and New Testaments into their sermons.

Thinking it's fake feels very tragic. They have a perfect community. To me Mormons felt like ideal Christians. What Christians used to be. Should be. There was something very special about their church. Felt bad to stop going. :(
Galatians 1:8
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Blessed: I am not at liberty to say it's fake. Because I am emotionally biased. I really loved the Mormon peoples I met at the church. I attended investigating trying to determine if the religion was right for me.

I'm glad you began to see through the falseness of Mormonism and it's false prophecies, lack of historical integrity in what it claims. Yes, Mormons are known for being nice people, with great love for their families. And yet, this is precisely why so many cannot - or will not - leave whatever cult they are part of - as it means likely means being abandoned or shunned by their friends and families - so many they've long been close to - as they will be viewed as heretics and rabble-rousers. Nonetheless, the sincere truth seeker must follow the evidences wherever they might go. Sounds like realizing Jesus is God should be your next quest. y:-? Either one believes Scripture is God-given/inspired or not. If so, as it prolifically asserts, then Scripture should be your measure of what anyone, anywhere, teaches or asserts. Which is especially critical when it comes to teachings about who and what Jesus is.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote:
I'm glad you began to see through the falseness of Mormonism and it's false prophecies, lack of historical integrity in what it claims. Yes, Mormons are known for being nice people, with great love for their families. And yet, this is precisely why so many cannot - or will not - leave whatever cult they are part of - as it means likely means being abandoned or shunned by their friends and families - so many they've long been close to - as they will be viewed as heretics and rabble-rousers. Nonetheless, the sincere truth seeker must follow the evidences wherever they might go. Sounds like realizing Jesus is God should be your next quest. y:-? Either one believes Scripture is God-given/inspired or not. If so, as it prolifically asserts, then Scripture should be your measure of what anyone, anywhere, teaches or asserts. Which is especially critical when it comes to teachings about who and what Jesus is.
Jesus is the son of God. The trinity is three separate entities as one. Three separate deities. Three separate references in scripture.

I'm not condemning Mormonism because it doesn't feel right. Yes I see a lack of evidence between the book of Mormon and the archeological evidence where there should be no lack of evidence. I also see a lack of integrity in a church leadership constantly revising it's prophacies. I don't know of an example in the Bible where a prophet says in effect "Oh wait remember what I said it's not true anymore now we do it this way ________ ". I have no respect for that and cannot ignore it. These two things were the reasons I had to say no to Mormonism. But I felt a whisper in the hallway at the Mormon church telling me this is where you belong, and it just made it worse for me saying "no" due to archeological evidence and the church prophets. So since I have seen them up close and personal and felt the whisper (what they call the spirit) I cannot call them false. I'm not saying all roads lead to God but please understand Mormonism is under the umbrella of Christianity. They are an offshoot. They believe and worship Jesus Christ as the Son of God. Doesn't that count for somethig? Also what about their good deeds and that they are good people as a result of thier community. Doesn't that count for something? Also the religion is the glue that holds them together. If they say it's false it would be catastrophic and there goes the glue.

The thing that bothers me other Christian denominations today in general is why they ARE NOT like Mormons. In terms of deeds, rules, norms, how they behave, carry themselves, etc. Now I'm going to get a little nasty here: Look at how many pussified, sissy, feminist, pro-LGBT and money gospel ministers have infiltrated the churches with their own versions of scriptures in order to be with the times. You don't see this with Mormonism. Mormonism still condemns these things (as far as I know) in no uncertain terms. As a matter of fact the LDS church spent millions of dollars on Prop 8 in CA to stop gay marriage in 2008. Mormons were seen as responsible for the 1% of the 51% winning vote against gay marriage in CA - which ultimately was in vain - because liberal CA judges overturned the election results and pushed gay marriage through anyways:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bqvqbcULoM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxagcNFyHyc

I did not hear of any mainstream Christians opposing this in the news . Only Mormons. Mormons are good people adhering to the traditional roots and values of Christianity. That counts for something right?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote:
Jesus is the son of God. The trinity is three separate entities as one. Three separate deities. Three separate references in scripture.
I think you really need to reevaluate your understanding of The Trinity. That's not at all accurate.

If you really want to know what the doctrine of the Trinity states, there are many people here that can help you. Just do a search for "Trinity", and you can see the many threads we have about the topic. Or, ask some questions.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

RickD wrote:
Blessed wrote:
I think you really need to reevaluate your understanding of The Trinity. That's not at all accurate.

If you really want to know what the doctrine of the Trinity states, there are many people here that can help you. Just do a search for "Trinity", and you can see the many threads we have about the topic. Or, ask some questions.

I have. They pull scriptures from the Bible and provide a complex explanation which isn't found in scripture to assert The Father, Son, and Holy Spirt are one God. And somehow I am expected to wrap my head around it.

All three are consistently referred to separately in the Bible. If Jesus Christ was the same as the God of Abraham Issac and Jacob it would clearly say so in the Torah. Instead ,the Messiah is prophesied.

It's three separate entities. Its not Polytheism anymore than Angeles, Fallen Angeles, imps, Demons, Guardian angels, familiar spirits, or kind spirits, or any of the entities are considered Polytheism.

There is one God, God the Father and Jesus even says in the Bible the Son is not above the Father.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

ah, mormons, jws, kkk, christian.... its all the same isnt it? :P
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Yes, well many willl deny Christ His rightful identity. If Christ is not God, then Christ can't forgive us our sins against God. Indeed the Pharisees were right to consider Jesus blasphemous for such.

I wonder it was who wrestled with Jacob. Who was in the midst of the burning bush with Moses. Who hid Moses from God's glory? Who created all things that were made?

As an aside, if we were to explain a tesseract, I'm sure some mono-shapists would accuse us of poly-shapism.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote:
RickD wrote:
Blessed wrote:

I have. They pull scriptures from the Bible and provide a complex explanation which isn't found in scripture to assert The Father, Son, and Holy Spirt are one God. And somehow I am expected to wrap my head around it.

All three are consistently referred to separately in the Bible. If Jesus Christ was the same as the God of Abraham Issac and Jacob it would clearly say so in the Torah. Instead ,the Messiah is prophesied.

It's three separate entities. Its not Polytheism anymore than Angeles, Fallen Angeles, imps, Demons, Guardian angels, familiar spirits, or kind spirits, or any of the entities are considered Polytheism.

There is one God, God the Father and Jesus even says in the Bible the Son is not above the Father.
Nope. That's not what the doctrine of the Trinity is, at all.

When you're finished arguing against your false ideas of God, just let us know. Someone here will be happy to help you understand.

-Edward R Murrow

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Here you go Blessed, I bumped this older thread up fro you as it pertains to how the Old Testament in absolutely supports the Orthodox doctrine of the Trinity.

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 22&t=33317

Enjoy!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys