Do we worship the same God?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
j316
Established Member
Christian: No

Re: TO LittleShepherd

Post by j316 »

LittleShepherd wrote:
Felgar wrote:That's the crux of it. Why has God allowed Muslim teaching to become so entrenched?
He doesn't want them to be Muslims, of course, but if you look at where the Muslim lands are, you see they're in a prime spot to fulfill some important prophecies from the Old Testament. Namely the ones about certain lands rising up against Israel(either in Ezekiel or Isaiah -- I forget which). If you research all the lands mentioned and look at them nowadays, you'll notice that they are all Muslim-occupied lands.
Interesting point that God doesn't want the arabic peoples to be muslim. If He doesn't, then who does? When you look at the history of the region it is fairly obvious who has benefited most from the events that have transpired.

I see the book of Revelation in a little different light than many do. I think that revelation, from our viewpoint in 2005, is history and prophecy. In other words there is fulfilled prophecy in Revelation and prophecies yet to be fulfilled. If you look at it in that light you can see that the forces of God and Satan have been in conflict for possibly quite some time. Satan has at his disposal in Revelation a huge army. Who are these people and where did they come from? They are not going to be suddenly conjured up at the end, they are here now. I think what we are seeing now is a biblical drama that has been unfolding for a long time. If that is what it is then it is obvious who the major players must be.

Christian2, that is why I said it was curious that in spite of the conflict over the nature of God and Christ, your friend was fairly certain about the nature and existence of Satan. You actually will not find a deep and broad conviction of the reality of Satan in the western world, most people see him as a symbol. From what I see of the middle eastern beliefs there appears to be more of an emphasis on his reality. Is that significant? I think it may be.
LittleShepherd
Established Member
Christian: No

Re: TO LittleShepherd

Post by LittleShepherd »

j316 wrote:Interesting point that God doesn't want the arabic peoples to be muslim. If He doesn't, then who does?...
I think that revelation, from our viewpoint in 2005, is history and prophecy...
Satan has at his disposal in Revelation a huge army. Who are these people and where did they come from? They are not going to be suddenly conjured up at the end, they are here now.
Remember it's not God's will that any should perish, and that's an inevitable result of clinging to the Muslim faith. It's not that God wants them to be Muslim, then, so much as He knew they'd be Muslim a long time ago and told...whichever prophet it was...about the events that would later transpire due to the Jew/Muslim conflict.

I don't know many(if any) Christians who would disagree with Revelations being both history and prophecy. I think your view on that is pretty mainstream.

From what I've been able to gather, there's the one army that will be trampled by Jesus. The whole valley of Megiddo, with the winepresses and whatnot. Of course, that will be the army raised by antichrist. I think you're speaking of the later army, though, at the end of the millenial kingdom when Satan is allowed out for one last romp before being cast away forever. If you put certain prophecies together, then it seems that Satan's army will be composed of all the people under the age of 100 who at that time are, for whatever reason, opposed to Jesus. Of course it's all speculation at this point.