Ugh I just witnessed a car accident.

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Dan
Valued Member
Christian: No

Ugh I just witnessed a car accident.

Post by Dan »

It was terrible, the poor girl didn't see it coming. Thank the blessed Lord that she is ok. I was 5 feet away in a car seat as I saw it, it was horrible. I'm glad she didn't suffer anything more than a broken bone or two.

The more important thing is, there were people 200 feet away from the accident who, as you could hear the sirens of the ambulance, were making jokes and belittling her.

That is just disgusting. I can't believe this is MY generation which is making such jokes. The only word I can use to describe the state of society today is depraved. How can people witness someone else be severely hurt and then say "How's the car?" and then laugh?
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

Dan wrote: there were people 200 feet away from the accident who, as you could hear the sirens of the ambulance, were making jokes and belittling her.
:shock: People disgust me so often!

I hear what you're saying about not believing it's your own peers that are doing things like that- it's always hard for me also to see my peers be... wicked. I feel like they're my brothers and sisters, (though they're not,) and like it's a betrayl to me when they get all... yucky. I tried to serve my peers while in school and help them see the light on things, but so many left to go and become the "jerks of the world," as I call them. Very few are the "nice people of the world."

But, if you can't get them when they're young, then you have to try when they're older! They need us and they don't know it. The sad part is that it's only when they're ready to hear what we have to say that they listen. Why can't they all listen now!?!? I know why, but I can still ask, can't I?!

It takes Christ's own love to love those people. I certainly can't on my own! I'd probably want to stone them if it weren't for our Savior! :lol: :roll:

I'm sorry you had to witness that; those things are hard.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Some people lack humanity :cry:

but check this out

Victim of cruel smash and grab

By SAMANTHA WILLIAMS

June 25, 2005

TRAPPED in her smashed car, paralysed with fear, Karen Roach watched helpless as the unthinkable happened.

Mrs Roach saw a woman approach her car and thought a good Samaritan had come to help. She couldn't have been more wrong.
Instead the woman began stealing her belongings.

"It was horrendous - I didn't know if my body was in one piece," Mrs Roach said.

"All I could do was lie there and watch this woman discard the credit cards she didn't want and then walk away.

"I tried to tell someone but there were a lot of people around on mobiles and either they didn't hear me or the words just didn't come out.

"It was crazy ... people were calming me down while others were poking their head in for a look as though I was an attraction at the circus."

Mrs Roach was travelling on the Pacific Highway near Ourimbah on the Central Coast on June 11 when her Falcon XR6 began to fishtail.

The car flipped, tossing Mrs Roach like a rag doll and leaving her with severe bruising to her chest and legs.

She has a bruise on her chest the size of a soccer ball where the airbag and seatbelt crushed against her body.

Mrs Roach was returning to her Ingleburn home after visiting her sister in Tamworth.

"I wasn't speeding, I was just about to switch on the cruise control when the car began to fishtail," the 44-year-old said.

The woman who robbed her took two silver card holders given to Mrs Roach by her husband John.

Mrs Roach described the woman as having a medium build with brown hair and blonde streaks.

"I don't remember much, but I kept thinking she had a bad hairdo," Mrs Roach said.

"[When she started going through my purse] I thought maybe she was looking for identification - then she started throwing away the cards she didn't want."

Mrs Roach could not believe there were people who would do such a thing.

"Who on earth would go through people's things ... I could have been dead," she said.

In a letter to The Saturday Daily Telegraph last week, Mrs Roach's mother, Margaret Smith from Tenterfield, said she wanted to thank the people who stopped to help her daughter.

"With the exception of the young woman who stole her personal effects," Mrs Smith said. "What is being done to bring these ghouls to justice?"

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story ... id=3339081
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

Another person to get disgusted at, (though I should, of course, love them instead.) It makes you wonder how they got to that point.
XenonII
Established Member

Disgusting end times society

Post by XenonII »

kateliz wrote:Another person to get disgusted at, (though I should, of course, love them instead.) It makes you wonder how they got to that point.
They obviously dont have God in their lives and it really makes you worry about when these youngsters (who are easily the worst offenders for this lack of respect for others, God and themselves) replace the older generation(s) doesnt it? Any doubts I had that these are the end times have been brushed aside after reading this topic, truly sad. People are sick. At first you get angry with them but then you just pitty them their lack of humanity. :(
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

Well, even though it is the end times, and in the end times people's love will grow cold, people have been like this since the Fall. It's nothing new. Only recently in human history has there been an "improvement" with these things, but that's only because reality was being pushed aside because we wanted to pretend it wasn't the way it was. The fifties in America wasn't perfect as the media tried to pretend it was. Things only seem worse now then they were a few decades ago because information on the bad things increased so much. TV evening news reports probably every fire, murder, kidnapping, and what have you, and all for ratings. We are a generation, (at least in America,) of fear, and we have to know what's going on around us so we can "appropriately" fear it. We aren't necessarily worse, just more informed.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

:lol: i used to be like that. actually, i still am. when i see someone get hurt i think it's funny. i do laugh. i laugh so hard sometimes i can't stop. sometimes, i play those videos you find online where people get blown-up and i laugh hysterically. sad, i guess.

here's a neat article on maybe why everyone is becoming that way:

http://www.naturalchild.org/james_kimme ... nting.html
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7