"Why wont God heal amputees ?"

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
serjio
Newbie Member
Christian: No

"Why wont God heal amputees ?"

Post by serjio »

God Who can speak a universe into existence, Who can raise the dead, can heal a limb. Jesus caused people born lame to walk, instantly healed the ear of the servant Peter cut off with a sword. The Apostles, conveying further inspired teachings from the Lord, had the ability to heal in such ways. But these gifts went away, as no further Apostles existed, nor any new Scripture being given. This is how we know that those insisting healing gifts exist today - as where is the proof? If anyone had such a GIFT, today, they would be world famous, with desperately sick people following them wherever they might go. But as for God Himself, He still heals, and obviously still has the ability to - even though such immediate miracles appear to be be far more rare, or done over a period of time, or are not so immediately obvious, as in the regrowing of a limb, etc. The miracles of Christ and His Apostles had such abilities, during a very specific time, to draw attention to the spiritual points inherent in their teachings.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: "Why wont God heal amputees ?"

Post by RickD »

I agree with your post. But I have one question.

Why do you and zhair have the same IP address?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I didn't approve the post because it looks like something I wrote - I just couldn't find it. So, I emailed and asked him why he copied my post. No answer. Is he a bot?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:25 pm

I didn't approve the post because it looks like something I wrote - I just couldn't find it. So, I emailed and asked him why he copied my post. No answer. Is he a bot?
He copied your post? I didn’t even notice that. We seem to be getting more of this lately. The intelligent lady from New Zealand thinks this that a bot does this.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony