I want God in my life

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
TheodoreCaleb
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

I want God in my life

Post by TheodoreCaleb »

Ever since I was a child, I have wanted to believe in God and be a religious person. But I've just never "felt" as if he is there. I've spoken to many Christians for guidance and they have all seemed to have this miracle moment when they have felt him there with them. I've prayed and asked for him, I've been to church, spoken to pastors, but there's no feeling, no sort of, clicked into place that this is my belief. I'm ready for him to come into my life, but it's just not happening. What can I do?
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: I want God in my life

Post by Philip »

Theoodore, welcome to the forum!
Theodore: I'm ready for him to come into my life, but it's just not happening. What can I do?
Theodore, God made becoming saved extremely easy - please don't complicate it! Because it's not a matter of FEELING, because, even saved people often struggle with doubts and there are days many Christians don't FEEL saved, but Scripture tells us to beware of feelings, as they are often highly inaccurate and not indicative of reality. But IF your heart and mind sincerely mean and believe what the following Scriptures state, you WILL receive Christ's salvation and it is FOREVER!

So what do key Scriptures say about how to be saved?

"But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:8)

“And I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man also will acknowledge before the angels of God..." (Luke 12:8)

"So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 10:32-33)

So, IF you will come to believe in the Jesus of the Bible and that He is the Son of God, that He came to provide mankind salvation by dying for us on a Roman cross, and was subsequently resurrected back to physical life, and that you are personally recognizing Him as YOUR Lord AND committing yourself in heart and mind to following Him and desiring to RECEIVE the salvation He FREELY offers all men - IF you will come to this committed (to and in Him) belief and will receive Christ by simply requesting He save you - then He WILL and you will INSTANTLY become a Christian! It's a matter of the heart and mind's intentional commitment toward Jesus, and not just mere intellectual belief in Jesus as a historical figure - but is a belief by faith in the REAL Jesus that the New Testament tells us about!

Note the above is a belief and faith of COMMITMENT - and again, is NOT one of mere UNCOMMITTED belief, which is NOT a saving faith. Even the Devil merely believes Jesus exists and did the things that He did, and yet, the Devil does not desire to make Jesus his Lord or commit himself to following Him (in fact, the devil hates Jesus / God!).
TheodoreCaleb
Newbie Member

Post by TheodoreCaleb »

TheodoreCaleb wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:48 am Ever since I was a child, I have wanted to believe in God and be a religious person. But I've just never "felt" as if he is there. I've spoken to many Christians for guidance and they have all seemed to have this miracle moment when they have felt him there with them. I've prayed and asked for him, I've been to church, spoken to pastors, but there's no feeling, no sort of, clicked into place that this is my belief. I'm ready for him to come into my life, but it's just not happening. What can I do? *SPAM LINK DELETED BY MODERATOR ***
my issue has been solved
thankyou
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

TheodoreCaleb wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:48 am Ever since I was a child, I have wanted to believe in God and be a religious person. But I've just never "felt" as if he is there. I've spoken to many Christians for guidance and they have all seemed to have this miracle moment when they have felt him there with them. I've prayed and asked for him, I've been to church, spoken to pastors, but there's no feeling, no sort of, clicked into place that this is my belief. I'm ready for him to come into my life, but it's just not happening. What can I do?
Hi, some people have that miracle moment and some don't. It sometimes takes a while to form a relationship with Jesus/God. Give it time.
Ask Jesus into your life and ask God to forgive your sins in Jesus name. Keep praying and ask Him into your life.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

TheodoreCaleb wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:01 am
TheodoreCaleb wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:48 am Ever since I was a child, I have wanted to believe in God and be a religious person. But I've just never "felt" as if he is there. I've spoken to many Christians for guidance and they have all seemed to have this miracle moment when they have felt him there with them. I've prayed and asked for him, I've been to church, spoken to pastors, but there's no feeling, no sort of, clicked into place that this is my belief. I'm ready for him to come into my life, but it's just not happening. What can I do? ***SPAM LINK DELETED BY MODERATOR ***
my issue has been solved
thankyou
Spam bot
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Can spam bots be saved?
y:-?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:28 pm Can spam bots be saved?
y:-?
No!! They’re soulless!!!

I don’t think that one was a bot.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Just in case, I emailed him and asked how his problem was solved - that if he had not done as Scripture says, that he is not saved
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:52 am Just in case, I emailed him and asked how his problem was solved - that if he had not done as Scripture says, that he is not saved
Don’t expect a reply. He put a spam link in his post, so I banned him.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Him giving a very vague 'problem has been solved' Was a dead give away :wave:
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Anyway, spambot or not, others are reading our answers, so it is worth replying.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hana comes back to us - hopefully a lot more often now? :) She knows LOTS of important stuff!

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

I know lot?
I 'only' know God is 🙂
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

1over137 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:16 am Anyway, spambot or not, others are reading our answers, so it is worth replying.
Good point :esmile: