Wigglesworth

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Wigglesworth

Post by Nessa »

I was getting into reading his stuff but am somewhat disturbed....Sid Roth said he threw a baby against a wall to get the demon out. Punched people in the stomach....todd Bentley anyone?....

Then I came across Luke 9:49... What do you make of that verse?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Wigglesworth

Post by RickD »

Nessa,

With all these wackos charismatics you've been following lately, maybe you can rebuke the hurricane headed right for Florida?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

So there can be counterfeit healings among the false healings?

I read that Wigglesworth didn't believe in medicine yet sickness run through his family
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:12 pm So there can be counterfeit healings among the false healings?

I read that Wigglesworth didn't believe in medicine yet sickness run through his family
Charismatics fleece the flock by false miracles, so medicine and Doctors are bad for business.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Nessa: Then I came across Luke 9:49... What do you make of that verse?
I think the next verse explains it.
"49 John answered, “Master, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not follow with us.”

50 But Jesus said to him, “Do not stop him, for the one who is not against you is for you.”

It would appear they were successfully doing so, and Jesus does not condemn or assert it to be counterfeit miracle. And so, if it was a real casting out, the REAL power would have been in Whose name the power to do so enabled it (JESUS' name!) - not in those calling upon His name to do it. So, these people doing this apparently had faith in Jesus.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

As for the fake, supposedly miraculous signs and wonders one often finds in Pentecostal and Charismatic churches, I would highly recommend the following books:

The Kindle book, "The Truth about Speaking in Tongues: An Examination of the Pentecostal and Charismatic Doctrine and Experience": https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3 ... UTF8&psc=1 Written by former Pentecostal James O’Loughlin, who had formerly bought into and believed these kinds of counterfeit miracles and so-called signs,it was during his studying apologetics under Dr. Norman Geisler, as he earned his Master’s Degree in Apologetics, he turned all of his research and writing into this book.

Also, Geisler himself wrote a book debunking such signs - also from a Scriptural point of view -
"Signs and Wonders: Healings, Miracles, and Unusual Events"
https://www.amazon.com/SIGNS-WONDERS-HE ... oks&sr=1-2
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

I am becoming a Christian paranoid person..

Everyone seems dodgey :econfused:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:12 pm I am becoming a Christian paranoid person..

Everyone seems dodgey :econfused:
It's not paranoia. It's discernment.

-Edward R Murrow