Freedom Diaries

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Post Reply
User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3401
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 561 times
Been liked: 306 times

Freedom Diaries

#1

Post by Nessa » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:07 pm

I would like to get people's opinions on...

'The Freedom diaries'.

The author Mark Holloway is a kiwi and teaches Christians how to have back and forth conversations with God.

My sense is that he compromises the diety of God. Makes God 'common' taking away the need for reverence.

He promises any one can have a back and forth conversation with God. Doesn't matter if you are a sinner etc. People sinned in the Bible etc

But I am reminded of God telling Moses to take off his Sandler's because he was about to walk on Holy ground.

https://www.cwgministries.org/blogs/be- ... at-you-ask

https://m.facebook.com/thefreedomassignment/

https://www.thefreedomassignment.com/marks-blog-space
Last edited by Nessa on Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3401
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 561 times
Been liked: 306 times

Re: Freedom Diaries

#2

Post by Nessa » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:10 pm

He also uses the message bible a bit which to me can be a red flag.

I do believe God speaks to each of us personally but primarily through the word

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21333
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Freedom Diaries

#3

Post by RickD » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:47 pm

Nessa,

I read some of that stuff, and way too many red flags popped up. One of the posts on the Facebook page, is troubling. He posted words that were supposedly God's words in a conversation.

God told him that He(God) thinks about a particular issue a lot. God does not think. That would mean that God changes.

He also misquoted a scripture in Galatians, to back his point that scripture is not enough.

I'd stay far away from this charlatan's teachings.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3401
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 561 times
Been liked: 306 times

Re: Freedom Diaries

#4

Post by Nessa » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:40 pm

RickD wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:47 pm
Nessa,

I read some of that stuff, and way too many red flags popped up. One of the posts on the Facebook page, is troubling. He posted words that were supposedly God's words in a conversation.

God told him that He(God) thinks about a particular issue a lot. God does not think. That would mean that God changes.

He also misquoted a scripture in Galatians, to back his point that scripture is not enough.

I'd stay far away from this charlatan's teachings.
If God does not think then how can his thoughts be higher than ours?

Isaiah 55...

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21333
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: Freedom Diaries

#5

Post by RickD » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:35 pm

Nessa wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:40 pm
RickD wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:47 pm
Nessa,

I read some of that stuff, and way too many red flags popped up. One of the posts on the Facebook page, is troubling. He posted words that were supposedly God's words in a conversation.

God told him that He(God) thinks about a particular issue a lot. God does not think. That would mean that God changes.

He also misquoted a scripture in Galatians, to back his point that scripture is not enough.

I'd stay far away from this charlatan's teachings.
If God does not think then how can his thoughts be higher than ours?

Isaiah 55...

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Anthropomorphism
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Post Reply