KJV only version that's inspired?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3349
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 553 times
Been liked: 300 times

Re: KJV only version that's inspired?

#31

Post by Nessa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:21 pm

How come all the 'free' Bible colleges seem like cults...

I enquired about a college and noticed all their scriptures were in KJV... Found out they believe KJV 1611 only perfect English Bible.

I always am suspicious of 'free' bibles too

Mormons will come to your house and give free labour...

Hare kristners will give free meals.

People may not like ray comfort...but I have great respect for someone who rides around on a push bike..could be rich but gives freely to others.. and lives moderately

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3349
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 553 times
Been liked: 300 times

Re: KJV only version that's inspired?

#32

Post by Nessa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:24 pm

He doesn't want to fleece the flock....

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21036
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 1044 times

Re: KJV only version that's inspired?

#33

Post by RickD » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:24 pm

Nessa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:24 pm
He doesn't want to fleece the flock....
He may not want to fleece the flock, but he misleads people with a false gospel of works.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21036
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 1044 times

Re: KJV only version that's inspired?

#34

Post by RickD » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Nessa said:
How come all the 'free' Bible colleges seem like cults...
Deary,

Nothing in life is free.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3349
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 553 times
Been liked: 300 times

Re: KJV only version that's inspired?

#35

Post by Nessa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:55 pm

RickD wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:26 pm
Nessa said:
How come all the 'free' Bible colleges seem like cults...
Deary,

Nothing in life is free.
Whadda bout salvation y/:]

User avatar
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Posts: 9896
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 627 times
Been liked: 644 times

Re: KJV only version that's inspired?

#36

Post by Kurieuo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:09 pm

I believe it was paid for... ;)
These users liked this post by Kurieuo:
RickD (Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:36 am)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

User avatar
Nicki
Senior Member
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:36 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Western Australia
Has liked: 338 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: KJV only version that's inspired?

#37

Post by Nicki » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:35 pm

RickD wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:24 pm
Nessa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:24 pm
He doesn't want to fleece the flock....
He may not want to fleece the flock, but he misleads people with a false gospel of works.
Who, Ray Comfort? I thought he was a good one. What are the works in his gospel?

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21036
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 1044 times

Re: KJV only version that's inspired?

#38

Post by RickD » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:09 pm

Nicki wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:35 pm
RickD wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:24 pm
Nessa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:24 pm
He doesn't want to fleece the flock....
He may not want to fleece the flock, but he misleads people with a false gospel of works.
Who, Ray Comfort? I thought he was a good one. What are the works in his gospel?
Nicki,

It's long, but gives good details of Comfort's false gospel.
https://www.redeemingmoments.com/2014/0 ... is-gospel/
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Nicki
Senior Member
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:36 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Western Australia
Has liked: 338 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: KJV only version that's inspired?

#39

Post by Nicki » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:50 pm

RickD wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:09 pm
Nicki wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:35 pm
RickD wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:24 pm
Nessa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:24 pm
He doesn't want to fleece the flock....
He may not want to fleece the flock, but he misleads people with a false gospel of works.
Who, Ray Comfort? I thought he was a good one. What are the works in his gospel?
Nicki,

It's long, but gives good details of Comfort's false gospel.
https://www.redeemingmoments.com/2014/0 ... is-gospel/

Thanks - I think that article's splitting hairs in a way though. Jesus' first recorded preaching in Mark included 'turn from your sins'; he told the woman caught in adultery to go and sin no more; Paul wrote many times about not continuing in sin (eg Romans 6:1-2). We won't be perfect (as Paul wrote in Romans 7:19, about struggling with sin) but to me there's nothing wrong with telling people to turn from their sins as part of accepting Christ. Our sins are what we need forgiveness for; they're what God doesn't want us to do.
These users liked this post by Nicki:
Nessa (Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:34 am)

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3349
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 553 times
Been liked: 300 times

Re: KJV only version that's inspired?

#40

Post by Nessa » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:27 am

Kurieuo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:09 pm
I believe it was paid for... ;)
You knew what I meant ;)

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3349
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 553 times
Been liked: 300 times

Re: KJV only version that's inspired?

#41

Post by Nessa » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:34 am

Nicki wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:50 pm
RickD wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:09 pm
Nicki wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:35 pm
RickD wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:24 pm
Nessa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:24 pm
He doesn't want to fleece the flock....
He may not want to fleece the flock, but he misleads people with a false gospel of works.
Who, Ray Comfort? I thought he was a good one. What are the works in his gospel?
Nicki,

It's long, but gives good details of Comfort's false gospel.
https://www.redeemingmoments.com/2014/0 ... is-gospel/

Thanks - I think that article's splitting hairs in a way though. Jesus' first recorded preaching in Mark included 'turn from your sins'; he told the woman caught in adultery to go and sin no more; Paul wrote many times about not continuing in sin (eg Romans 6:1-2). We won't be perfect (as Paul wrote in Romans 7:19, about struggling with sin) but to me there's nothing wrong with telling people to turn from their sins as part of accepting Christ. Our sins are what we need forgiveness for; they're what God doesn't want us to do.
Nikki brings up some good points.
These users liked this post by Nessa:
Nicki (Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:39 pm)

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21036
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 1044 times

Re: KJV only version that's inspired?

#42

Post by RickD » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:32 am

Nicki,

If we can put your other points aside for the moment, and focus on one thing you brought up, because it gets to the very heart of my disagreement with Comfort's false gospel.
Nicki wrote:
Thanks - I think that article's splitting hairs in a way though. Jesus' first recorded preaching in Mark included 'turn from your sins';
Where specifically, did Jesus preach by saying, "turn from your sins"?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4836
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: KJV only version that's inspired?

#43

Post by abelcainsbrother » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:16 pm

Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
Nicki
Senior Member
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:36 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Western Australia
Has liked: 338 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: KJV only version that's inspired?

#44

Post by Nicki » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:38 pm

RickD wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:32 am
Nicki,

If we can put your other points aside for the moment, and focus on one thing you brought up, because it gets to the very heart of my disagreement with Comfort's false gospel.
Nicki wrote:
Thanks - I think that article's splitting hairs in a way though. Jesus' first recorded preaching in Mark included 'turn from your sins';
Where specifically, did Jesus preach by saying, "turn from your sins"?

He was in Galilee, so was speaking to Jews who were already believers in God. (I was reading from the NLT there, which was the version I had to hand - the NIV renders it as 'repent'.) I think I see where you're going there but that article talks about how we believers are all still sinners, and seems to say it's not even possible to turn from your sins. It also asks how someone can turn from their sins (and stop sinning) before they are even saved - that is, in the moments before they accept Christ. Surely though, if someone's attitude is that they want to accept Christ, they will want to turn from their sins - and how much sinning can they do in the moments between repenting of sin and being saved? y:-/

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4836
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: KJV only version that's inspired?

#45

Post by abelcainsbrother » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:50 pm

We must understand that before Jesus died on the cross and rose again the people were saved by the law or works and this is why Jesus would often tell people who claimed they followed the law to go and do certian things,like the rich man for instance. But after Jesus died and rose again he paid for our salvation in full,he fulfilled and lived the law and lived the righteous life for us, because we cannot. Once we are saved we become new creatures in Christ Jesus and old things are passed away and all things become new and it is being transformd into a new creature in Christ that makes us a Christian.Until this happens there is nothing a person can do to become a Christian.It is a miracle,a supernatural thing God does on the inside of the person that changes them into a Christian and it is nothing they did,but God did on the inside. This is why Jesus said "Unless a man be born again,he cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

Post Reply