How can I feel more 'alive'

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Post Reply
Lincon
Newbie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:26 am
Christian: Yes
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

How can I feel more 'alive'

#1

Post by Lincon » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:34 am

Hello everyone,,
Something that has been bothering me lately is having trouble with being in the moment. I feel more and more like the world around me is an illusion. Like what I see isn't there. I'm always in my head, and I feel like the world is fading away while I spend time in my imagination.

This is hard to describe.. but I was wondering if anybody else has had this experience. I'm thinking about going to confession and getting communion to reconnect with my life source because stuff just feels weird/lame/black and white right now.
Anybody else have problems with not feeling 'all there'?

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8309
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 391 times
Been liked: 621 times

Re: How can I feel more 'alive'

#2

Post by Philip » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:28 am

Lincon, glad you are here and joined the forum!

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8309
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 391 times
Been liked: 621 times

Re: How can I feel more 'alive'

#3

Post by Philip » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:36 am

Lincon: Hello everyone,,
Something that has been bothering me lately is having trouble with being in the moment. I feel more and more like the world around me is an illusion. Like what I see isn't there. I'm always in my head, and I feel like the world is fading away while I spend time in my imagination.

This is hard to describe.. but I was wondering if anybody else has had this experience. I'm thinking about going to confession and getting communion to reconnect with my life source because stuff just feels weird/lame/black and white right now.
Anybody else have problems with not feeling 'all there'?
Lincon, were are glad you joined our discussion forum! Welcome!

A lot of us have strange and confusing feelings from time to time. It might help us to understand what you believe. You say you are a Christian - are you COMMITTED to Christ, do you spend time in prayer with God / Jesus? Because confession and communion are religious practices that won't change you. You only need to confess to God your sins - as this idea that you need to go to a priest to do so is unBiblical. Communion is - or is supposed to be - a practice of remembrance of Christ's sacrifice for you. So, tell us a bit more about your background and beliefs. Again, welcome!

Lincon
Newbie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:26 am
Christian: Yes
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: How can I feel more 'alive'

#4

Post by Lincon » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:18 am

Lincon wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:34 am
Hello everyone,,
Something that has been bothering me lately is having trouble with being in the moment. I feel more and more like the world around me is an illusion. Like what I see isn't there. I'm always in my head, and I feel like the world is fading away while I spend time in my imagination.
youporn.wiki/ xhamster.vip/ redtube.onl/
This is hard to describe.. but I was wondering if anybody else has had this experience. I'm thinking about going to confession and getting communion to reconnect with my life source because stuff just feels weird/lame/black and white right now.
Anybody else have problems with not feeling 'all there'?

My issue has been solved,…

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21307
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: How can I feel more 'alive'

#5

Post by RickD » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Lincon wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:18 am
Lincon wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:34 am
Hello everyone,,
Something that has been bothering me lately is having trouble with being in the moment. I feel more and more like the world around me is an illusion. Like what I see isn't there. I'm always in my head, and I feel like the world is fading away while I spend time in my imagination.
youporn.wiki/ xhamster.vip/ redtube.onl/
This is hard to describe.. but I was wondering if anybody else has had this experience. I'm thinking about going to confession and getting communion to reconnect with my life source because stuff just feels weird/lame/black and white right now.
Anybody else have problems with not feeling 'all there'?

My issue has been solved,…
Care to share the solution?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8309
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 391 times
Been liked: 621 times

Re: How can I feel more 'alive'

#6

Post by Philip » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:48 pm

Lincon - hope you'll be around soon!

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1414
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 366 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: How can I feel more 'alive'

#7

Post by thatkidakayoungguy » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:06 pm

Talk about being alive-I'm about to enlist in the Army!
Yep, finally got the ball rolling. Go to MEPS with the recruiter on Tuesday/Wednesday, for medical and hopefully for the enlistment ceremony. I don't know my MOS yet as they do that at MEPS but I'm literally qualified for all jobs, the laundry/clothing ones seem interesting as they deal with clothing maintenance/decontamination.

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8309
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 391 times
Been liked: 621 times

Re: How can I feel more 'alive'

#8

Post by Philip » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:35 pm

Good luck, my friend. My son goes in the Navy in Oct. Hope that Uncle Sam tattoo looks good on your behind!

BTW, how long are you signing up for?

User avatar
Fliegender
Established Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: How can I feel more 'alive'

#9

Post by Fliegender » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:27 am

RickD wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Care to share the solution?
The solution to the stresses of life:

1 1/2 oz bourbon
4 oz lemonade
1 tbsp honey
1 dash of club soda
+ ice cubes
1 mint leaf

Then sit back and chat with your wife.
“If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Stop talking about ‘inner beauty’ because no one goes around with X-ray vision.”
-Robert Mugabe

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3395
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 560 times
Been liked: 306 times

Re: How can I feel more 'alive'

#10

Post by Nessa » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:20 pm

Fliegender wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:27 am
RickD wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Care to share the solution?
The solution to the stresses of life:

1 1/2 oz bourbon
4 oz lemonade
1 tbsp honey
1 dash of club soda
+ ice cubes
1 mint leaf

Then sit back and chat with your wife.
Too bad if you are a straight, unmarried female then...

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21307
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 1063 times

Re: How can I feel more 'alive'

#11

Post by RickD » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:33 pm

Nessa wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:20 pm
Fliegender wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:27 am
RickD wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Care to share the solution?
The solution to the stresses of life:

1 1/2 oz bourbon
4 oz lemonade
1 tbsp honey
1 dash of club soda
+ ice cubes
1 mint leaf

Then sit back and chat with your wife.
Too bad if you are a straight, unmarried female then...
Nessa,

Are you saying that you're unmarried?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Fliegender
Established Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: How can I feel more 'alive'

#12

Post by Fliegender » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:09 pm

Nessa wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:20 pm

Too bad if you are a straight, unmarried female then...
The solution to the stresses of life for unmarried women:

2 slices bread
2 slices cured ham
2 slices emmental cheese (that’s “Swiss” cheese, the one with holes)
2 leaves lettuce
Butter to taste
Mayonnaise to taste
Mustard to taste
Salt & pepper to taste.

Make above ingredients into a sandwich.
“If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Stop talking about ‘inner beauty’ because no one goes around with X-ray vision.”
-Robert Mugabe

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3395
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 560 times
Been liked: 306 times

Re: How can I feel more 'alive'

#13

Post by Nessa » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:26 pm

Fliegender wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:09 pm
Nessa wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:20 pm

Too bad if you are a straight, unmarried female then...
The solution to the stresses of life for unmarried women:

2 slices bread
2 slices cured ham
2 slices emmental cheese (that’s “Swiss” cheese, the one with holes)
2 leaves lettuce
Butter to taste
Mayonnaise to taste
Mustard to taste
Salt & pepper to taste.

Make above ingredients into a sandwich.
Does she get to eat it herself tho y/:]

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3395
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 560 times
Been liked: 306 times

Re: How can I feel more 'alive'

#14

Post by Nessa » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:27 pm

RickD wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:33 pm
Nessa wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:20 pm
Fliegender wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:27 am
RickD wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Care to share the solution?
The solution to the stresses of life:

1 1/2 oz bourbon
4 oz lemonade
1 tbsp honey
1 dash of club soda
+ ice cubes
1 mint leaf

Then sit back and chat with your wife.
Too bad if you are a straight, unmarried female then...
Nessa,

Are you saying that you're unmarried?
No, but I am straight.

Post Reply