Blessed Christmas

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
User avatar
1over137
Technical Admin
Posts: 4815
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Blessed Christmas

Postby 1over137 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Dear all,
I wish you blessed Christmas and coming year filled with God's glory.

Love you all,
Hana
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold
-- Psalm 18:2

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains

Re: Blessed Christmas

Postby Philip » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:10 pm

Ditto that, Hana. May 2018 bring many blessings to everyone reading this!

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 9116
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Blessed Christmas

Postby Kurieuo » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:37 am

Well, I've had a merry Xmas Eve day, hopefully Xmas will be better! Let me share, because I'm sure it'll entertain you all.

Seems our mains sewerage pipe is blocked, lesson now learnt never to flush baby wipes down the toilet! We found out as the toilet up stairs made the downstairs toilet overflow with every flush. Wife went down while I was making bacon and eggs for everyone to discover the toilet area flooded, into the laundry and under the walls throw cracked grouted tiles and into the underhouse area. Woohoo! We've cleaned up mostly, will have to get someone out to unclog the main pipes, but I guess we'll need to wait two days or so until after Xmas. We'll have to work out a new method of pooping without flushing.

And while I'm all showevered and clean now, I just can't seem to escape a wiff of sewerage smell every so often. The smell is seems to have engrained itself into my nostrils. It's been fun though! I hope you all have just as merry an Xmas time! Seriously, merry Christmas all! Hope you enjoy the time with family and get lots of great presents (or at least one you like! ;))
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
1over137
Technical Admin
Posts: 4815
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Re: Blessed Christmas

Postby 1over137 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:52 am

This I do not understand: Who would flush baby wipes down the toilet?
:shakehead:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold
-- Psalm 18:2

Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:34 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Blessed Christmas

Postby Mallz » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:21 am

1over137 wrote:This I do not understand: Who would flush baby wipes down the toilet?
:shakehead:

I second this.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 9116
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Blessed Christmas

Postby Kurieuo » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:53 am

Wait until you have babies.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:34 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Blessed Christmas

Postby Mallz » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:16 am

Kurieuo wrote:Wait until you have babies.

Pediatric RN, here :ebiggrin:

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains

Re: Blessed Christmas

Postby Philip » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:40 am

LOL, when our babies were toddlers, whenever they had one those "mudslide" diapers, I'd just take them outside, bend them over and hose them off. Mind you, I built our house with running hot water on the garden hoses, and I'm surrounded by dense woods - but it worked great! :lol:

As we are in the country and not on city sewer, but on a septic system, we learned very early on to NEVER flush anything beyond toilet paper. We used to use a garbage disposal to grind up food scraps, but once it went bad, we decided it unwise to use with our septic system.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18800
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Blessed Christmas

Postby RickD » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:45 am

1over137 wrote:This I do not understand: Who would flush baby wipes down the toilet?
:shakehead:

Cottonelle makes flushable wipes, FYI.
:knight:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 9116
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Blessed Christmas

Postby Kurieuo » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:32 pm

Mallz wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Wait until you have babies.

Pediatric RN, here :ebiggrin:

If we had cleaners emptying our bins and keeping everything sanitary, then I wouldn't have flushed them. ;)

Wiping bums is so much easier with wipes, than toilet paper -- and less rashes occurred. Four kids, two years apart each. As they grew this transferred to when they wiped their own bums, they still used wipes. As long as they flushed, I didn't care. Figured I pay lots in my rates for sewerage, water and just the land. Council workers can take care of it at the treatment facility I thought. I never expected the main pipe could get clogged! Now I care. :P Don't know how people managed pooping and all without plumbing and flushable toilets. It's a pain in the butt and only been a day.

Hope everyone is having a great Xmas! :)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:34 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Blessed Christmas

Postby Mallz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:40 am

:lol:

OK, yeah.. I'd probably do that too. Merry Christmas! And to everyone!

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Blessed Christmas

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:13 pm

Kurieuo wrote: Don't know how people managed pooping and all without plumbing and flushable toilets. It's a pain in the butt and only been a day.

Hope everyone is having a great Xmas! :)

Having used crap-buckets and taking buckets full of water to flush toilets I can tell you that regular flushing is easier and less smelly.
I don't like the new type of toilet that flushes when you move cuz what if you accidentally drop something in the commode like glasses or something and you move to get it-boom it's gone.

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Blessed Christmas

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Kurieuo wrote:Well, I've had a merry Xmas Eve day, hopefully Xmas will be better! Let me share, because I'm sure it'll entertain you all.

Seems our mains sewerage pipe is blocked, lesson now learnt never to flush baby wipes down the toilet! We found out as the toilet up stairs made the downstairs toilet overflow with every flush. Wife went down while I was making bacon and eggs for everyone to discover the toilet area flooded, into the laundry and under the walls throw cracked grouted tiles and into the underhouse area. Woohoo! We've cleaned up mostly, will have to get someone out to unclog the main pipes, but I guess we'll need to wait two days or so until after Xmas. We'll have to work out a new method of pooping without flushing.

And while I'm all showevered and clean now, I just can't seem to escape a wiff of sewerage smell every so often. The smell is seems to have engrained itself into my nostrils. It's been fun though! I hope you all have just as merry an Xmas time! Seriously, merry Christmas all! Hope you enjoy the time with family and get lots of great presents (or at least one you like! ;))

Oh you think that's bad...once our sewage pipe from my sink in my bedroom-pretty handy- and from an unused toilet broke and it stunk. In the kitchen. It was fixed though it was nasty, but not crappy. Sometimes the unused toilet smells like sulfur and that carries into my room especially if I hadn't poured a bucket of water down it after peeing in.
The sinks and bathtub have that old probably 1970s porcelain from when the trailer was new so it likes to get stained and it's hard to clean and sometimes the sink drain in my room stinks like sewage and I don't know how to get rid of it other than cleaning around the sink-goodness what a mess I've been in! Oh well it could be worse, I hear of horror stories of people living in sewage and other bad conditions like in 3rd world countries and even in 1st and 2nd world nations.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 9116
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Blessed Christmas

Postby Kurieuo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:09 am

As of yesterday arvo it has been fixed, and I now don't take plumbed-in toilets for granted. The simple things we don't even think about in the West eh? And, it was baby wipes that had clogged. Possibly our going away for two weeks allowed them to dry out a little, but no more baby wipes will be flushed! Expensive lesson learnt.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Blessed Christmas

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:49 pm

Kurieuo wrote:As of yesterday arvo it has been fixed, and I now don't take plumbed-in toilets for granted. The simple things we don't even think about in the West eh? And, it was baby wipes that had clogged. Possibly our going away for two weeks allowed them to dry out a little, but no more baby wipes will be flushed! Expensive lesson learnt.

At one time I lived pretty much like a third world person due to being in extreme poverty largely due to the recession when I was in middle school. I won't say much about that time but it was rough. We have been blessed a lot and bc of what I've been through I want to help less fortunate ppl like homeless etc.
I have to be careful with taking things for granted-it could come back to those times or even worse.


Return to “General Discussion & Introductions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests