No hot water

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

No hot water

Post by Nessa »

We need a new cylinder.

The shower is bloody cold :shock:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Re: No hot water

Post by Nessa »

This is one of the few times I actually wish I had a few more face to face friends... Overseas is along way to go to shower at a friends place :econfused:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Did I accidentally stumble onto Facebook?
:wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:Did I accidentally stumble onto Facebook?
y:-?

There's a gym down the road with a 7 day membership free trial...was thinking of the private showers but I'm too shy. And me going to a gym would just look suspicious... I'm not the type :P

Hopefully it will be all sorted soon. Having to fill a bath the old fashioned way takes forever...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:Did I accidentally stumble onto Facebook?
y:-?

There's a gym down the road with a 7 day membership free trial...was thinking of the private showers but I'm too shy. And me going to a gym would just look suspicious... I'm not the type :P

Hopefully it will be all sorted soon. Having to fill a bath the old fashioned way takes forever...
Suck it up buttercup. Take a cold shower.

Be thankful for running water.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nicki
Sex: Female

Post by Nicki »

Have you considered the gas 'infinity' type of system? They're not too bad - you always have hot water - but on the other hand if you try to run a hot tap on less than full flow it will go cold again because there's not enough water going through. I even have trouble with the shower in summer because I've probably got it more on cold than hot and the hot keeps cutting out. Actually , why am I recommending this to you? y:-? Of course, it's a lot cooler in summer there and you shouldn't have that trouble with the shower (I don't remember that at our house in Upper Hutt where we had an infinity system as well). Here on a really hot day you can get hot water from the cold tap for a minute or two!

I think I had a dream last night about hot water systems after reading that yesterday :roll:
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Had an important meeting recently. Had lots of last-minute preparation and just enough time to jump in the shower and hit the road - was seriously short on time. Thankfully, I had already shaved, as I cut the water on: COLD!!! My oldest son had used up every drop of hot water - and I had to take a cold shower. I could have killed him!
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Philip wrote:Had an important meeting recently. Had lots of last-minute preparation and just enough time to jump in the shower and hit the road - was seriously short on time. Thankfully, I had already shaved, as I cut the water on: COLD!!! My oldest son had used up every drop of hot water - and I had to take a cold shower. I could have killed him!
At least a cold shower will keep your mind on the meeting ;)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Nicki wrote:Actually , why am I recommending this to you? y:-?
:lol:

The hubby wants a heat pump system. I am going to make this happen. A girls gotta shower!!!!! :soap:
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Is is thread for real?
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

You can draw a bath until you get a new heater. Just be careful when carrying and pouring the water.
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Nessa wrote:

The hubby wants a heat pump system. I am going to make this happen. A girls gotta shower!!!!! :soap:
I'd never heard of those - just been reading up on them. They'd be good here with the summer heat. We used to have solar hot water but the pump to send the water up to the roof gave out so now it's just the gas back-up.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nicki wrote:
Nessa wrote:

I'd never heard of those - just been reading up on them. They'd be good here with the summer heat. We used to have solar hot water but the pump to send the water up to the roof gave out so now it's just the gas back-up.
Isn't your summer heat dry? And at least you have The Doctor to cool you off. :lol:

Nicki,

I really want to visit Perth before I die. The city is on the opposite side of the world from me, and that just fascinates me.

-Edward R Murrow

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote:
Nicki wrote:
Nessa wrote:

Isn't your summer heat dry? And at least you have The Doctor to cool you off. :lol:

Nicki,

I really want to visit Perth before I die. The city is on the opposite side of the world from me, and that just fascinates me.
Great idea! I guess it's mostly dry heat here, but it's still not fun in the blazing sun or in a hot building. It's really heated up this weekend and this evening there's been a thunderstorm - the rain is great since there hasn't been any for a couple of weeks at least. Mm, yes, there's supposed to be a sea breeze - we're about half an hour's drive from the coast here though so usually the cool breeze comes from the air conditioner.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I can't believe how cool the water stays, even in the summer there. I guess that's good for typhoons not to form.

-Edward R Murrow