mass shootings

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

mass shootings

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

What can we do to help stop this?
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: mass shootings

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Also has anyone on here been tempted to do something they'd hate due to their enemies?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

You talking about Sutherland Springs church? Watson just did a video, can't help feel he's actually a bit hypocritical with the media reporting on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4MEYz67iN0

Prayers are with the church and people affected. :(
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:What can we do to help stop this?
I hate to say this but Christians must take gun safety classes and arm themselves and maybe even buy body armor too.We should expect things like this to continue because the left uses these kinds of things to take our guns away so that we cannot defend ourselves and our loved ones.

No One Likes You.
https://youtu.be/BXDqk8jkq1k
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

I think a well armed society is a polite society. Would you start a fight with someone if you knew that 9/10 people knew Karate? Would a terrorist commit mass murder if they knew 9/10 people were armed?

It's always going to happen because there is always going to be evil in this world ... but if more people got comfortable with guns it would be stopped much sooner. A well armed society is the lesser of two evils.

I'm getting a CCP with a "Seecamp". It's a tiny powerful 6 shooter. Barely noticable with a sneaky pete fake cellphone belt clip or thigh holster. noby ever knows its there., I feel bad about doing this though for some reason. My conscious feels bad about it. I should not have to walk around like this. It doesnt feel right. It does not feel Christian. Feels like living in fear. Live by the sword kind of thing.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Blessed wrote:I think a well armed society is a polite society. Would you start a fight with someone if you knew that 9/10 people knew Karate? Would a terrorist commit mass murder if they knew 9/10 people were armed?

It's always going to happen because there is always going to be evil in this world ... but if more people got comfortable with guns it would be stopped much sooner. A well armed society is the lesser of two evils.

I'm getting a CCP with a "Seecamp". It's a tiny powerful 6 shooter. Barely noticable with a sneaky pete fake cellphone belt clip or thigh holster. noby ever knows its there., I feel bad about doing this though for some reason. My conscious feels bad about it. I should not have to walk around like this. It doesnt feel right. It does not feel Christian. Feels like living in fear. Live by the sword kind of thing.
You should'nt feel that way unless you have criminal intentions with it,and I don't think you do.You are probably hoping you never have to use it to defend yourself and it would be good to pray you never have to.However,if something like this happens again you'll have a much better chance at defending yourself than if you did'nt have it.This is not going out looking for a fight,that is what those on the left use them for.No,this is for self-defense and only that.None of these mass shootings were done by NRA members,none of them.It has all been from those on the left.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

ACB wrote:
I hate to say this but Christians must take gun safety classes and arm themselves and maybe even buy body armor too.
:knight:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I guess there aren't many Desmond Dosses here like in Hacksaw Ridge. :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Blessed: It doesnt feel right. It does not feel Christian. Feels like living in fear. Live by the sword kind of thing.
Why should one feel bad about prudently arming themselves in areas where there is significant danger of robbery or worse?

What did Jesus say about arming oneself with a sword when encountering potentially dangerous situations?

"He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and BUY one." (Luke 22:36)