The inappropriateness of Jesus

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The inappropriateness of Jesus

Post by Philip »

Ed: The standard challenge from Christians - which is what I was responding to - is that one cannot reasonably reject their god (note that it only applies to their god) without spending years learning everything there is to know about the Christianity. That's silly.
Well, Ed, ones choices for any gods or God who has communicated with us is very short. And it's not even common sense to deny the existence of some great, awesomely powerful and intelligent source for all things. (http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =6&t=42156). And, to me, as the evidence that some Supreme Source of what came immediately into existence is undeniable, then the question becomes, WHICH god or God is responsible for all of this?

As for the identity of the Source of Creation, right away you can eliminate the gods of the pantheists, because the universe had a beginning and it could not create itself. This Source built but one creature, amongst millions of species, that have our level of intelligence, abstract thinking ability, deep psychological awareness, ability to invent and utilize mathematics, compose literature, art, music, multiple languages, etc. ONE creature, mind you. So it would seem that the Source of the universe created us for communication and relationships. So that, to me, would highly suggest that this Source has communicated with us, or would desire to. So what are the remaining candidates? You're mostly down to Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Christianity was birthed from Judaism. Islam merely co-opted the Bible and added pagan distortions to it. But those are the only major faiths that claim God has communicated with us, that aren't part of the mysticism groups, or those that have co-opted the Bible.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

edwardmurphy wrote:The thing is, in order to make a good attempt at refuting your beliefs I'd have to study theology, the Bible, Biblical history, the history of world religions, and probably classical philosophy.

I'm not going to do all that in order to try and refute an idea that I find ridiculous on its face. Neither will you, which is why you know don't know nearly as much about all of the religions that you reject as you do about the one you accept.
I'll make it easy for you when it comes to religions.Only Christianity out of all other religions teaches that there is nothing anybody can do to save themselves.All other religions teach works for salvation,like join our religion,follow these rules,live like this and do these things and if you do you will make it.This is because all other gods are distant god's who did absolutely nothing for us like Jesus did.Jesus is the Savior because he came and paid for our salvation in full.No other god did which is why they have no Savior and so must live by laws,rules,religious tradition/ceremonies,etc in order to save themselves.Nobody wakes up oneday and says I'm going to be a Christian,this can happen in all other religions but not in Christianity.This is because salvation is a miracle God does once you accept Jesus.God has done everything for us and all we have to do is believe in Jesus and ask him to save us and he does.Also the bible will not make sense to people who do not have the Holy Spirit,this is why Jesus said you cannot see the kingdom of God unless you are born again in John chapter 3.Once a person is born again they are changed on the inside and think totally different than they did before.It is like a light comes on so that the person can finally see and understand things they could'nt before. Yet in all other religions you could choose to join and learn to become one of them by following their laws,etc and living by them to the best of your ability.This won't work in Christianity and you'd just be a hypocrite.

Phony Ol Lie. For you.
https://youtu.be/RMC7p4mbuYo
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Abe! Haven't seen you in a while. I was worried that the Deep State took you out. Welcome back!

But I'm still not going to watch your video.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote:Abe! Haven't seen you in a while. I was worried that the Deep State took you out. Welcome back!

But I'm still not going to watch your video.
I'm fine,thanks.I'll have to catch up where it concerns the Deep State who control both political parties either by money or black mail.Why not watch it? I sometimes use music to send a message.It won't offend you or anything even if you don't like that kind of music.It is just a song.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

It's just that I don't care for religion or parody songs. Combining the two is just way too much.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote:It's just that I don't care for religion or parody songs. Combining the two is just way too much.
I understand but if you'd go back over what I posted earlier for you about religion and Christianity and then listen to the song. I think you'd get it.It is just about the message in the song that goes along with the topic we are discussing.It is a great way to send a message because music is powerful and is a great way to send a message.I try to make it relevent to the topic.It is not just randomly posting songs.

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

edwardmurphy wrote:It's just that I don't care for religion or parody songs. Combining the two is just way too much.
I reckon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tIwYNioDL8
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:
I reckon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tIwYNioDL8
Who needs drugs when you have that little gem y@-)
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

edwardmurphy wrote:The thing is, in order to make a good attempt at refuting your beliefs I'd have to study theology, the Bible, Biblical history, the history of world religions, and probably classical philosophy.

I'm not going to do all that in order to try and refute an idea that I find ridiculous on its face. Neither will you, which is why you know don't know nearly as much about all of the religions that you reject as you do about the one you accept.
So you are actually not as open minded as you claim y:-?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

B. W. wrote:So you are actually not as open minded as you claim y:-?
-
-
-
I don't know how open-minded you think I claim to be, so that's hard to answer.