Loneliness

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Loneliness

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
melanie wrote:.
that dot seems rather lonely... it needs a friend :esmile:
It's not a dot, it's a period. Mel has her period.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
That makes sense since I have mine....

Being in sync over an online discussion board is quite impressive tho .... must be some pretty strong pheromones :P
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
That makes sense since I have mine....

Being in sync over an online discussion board is quite impressive tho .... must be some pretty strong pheromones :P
I thought you were too old for your per...never mind.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Nessa wrote:I thought this would be a good topic to explore.

Maybe you have your own experiences to share or have some biblical insights on loneliness.

Jesus himself went to lonely places to pray.
Your comparing peaches to kiwis.

Praying or meditating in lonley places is not loneliness.

Loneliness is a DESTROYER. It's an ERODER. A single engine plane you gas with your soul because you've not no place to land. A small ship on an endless ocean with tatttered sails barely holding together.

I cannot even begin to start with this. I am living in Las Vegas and see all these rich old people ALONE. They have no friends or family and will waste thousands of dollars just to be out of the house around people. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I've been playing blackjack and a lonely old man or women will sit down and drop THOUSANDS in chips just to talk to other people in a social settig. This old man, he must have been in his late 80's or early 90's rolls up to the table and pulls out 40 Grand in cash out of his wheel chair and starts losing like crazy with the pit boss scolding the dealer for not giving him $100 chips instead of $25. I felt really bad for the guy I should've talked to him but felt if I did it would encourage him to go for socializing and I go to count cards not socialize .

Lonliness is also why older people move into Condos and pay outrageous prices and HOA fees - they just want to be around other people. They will not admit this but it's the reason.

God did not design us to be alone. He designed us to be social creatures. When you're alone you're left to your own devices and with enough time - you fold in on yourself. Some people are naturally wired to be hermits and crave nature but deep down inside they do care. I have seen interviews with hermits where they say they just don't like people (and believe me I totally agree) love nature but wish they had a man or women or just someone to talk to somtimes.

I also remember a sermon from Dr. Charles Stanley describing the funeral of a Hermit man. Stanley said his wife wailed out please don't leave me or something like that it really struck a cord with me. It's on you tube I think it's called Charles Stanly lonliness or something like that.

I am struggling with this my whole life since I left my family it's horrible. I talk to tons of people, tons, and it's nice, but it's all fake polite lickiddy skippy chit chat. Nothing ever leads to a real friendships like I had when I was young. Like my friends coming over and hanging out on the couch,. God I hate being an adult. Either that or I dont' have the time. Am unsure about the person. Feel it's better to keep up appearances for ulterior motives like if I go past this line I might say something this person doesn't like and I have to live in the building as them.

And for instance when I'm on a plane. I used to get into long detailed conversations with people but today I avoid it because sometimes I wish I never talked to them or one might bring up something the other doesn't like. For instance this guy on my last flight started bringing up religion and politics. He started bashing Donald Trump, because he is following the PC crowd and forms his opinions based on what others around him think vs. his own. I didn't like it . It ended the conversation on an odd note. Then I had to sit through the rest of the flight.

I am suffering from this for a long time and it's a destoryer. I have no wife. No kids. No family in where I'm sort of "forced" to live because of my career. I need money to survive in this God forsaken world and there is no economy where I'm from unless you want to be a waitress, construction worker, low paying service jobs etc.

I'm trying to change this right now to live closer to my family but suffered a major setback when my Father , lets call him Mr. Brady , doesn't understand my life situation because A) he is incapable B) he is married 40 years to the last pure honest Proverbs women left in the world. So all he can see is that my job/money situation improved since I left Florida and he is OCD stuck on this and refused to help me when I had a chance to buy an awesome 5003 SQF house in FL and only needed an extra 30k which he can effortlessly afford and get his money back in a few months or even if i didn't pay him back and the house value tanked 90%. But nooooooooooo "son a man pays his own" says the man who bought a beachhouse for next to nothing and watched it skyrocket in value before the real estate Ponzi scheme in the USA happened. Now someone else bought it and I will not get into mortage (see: bank slave) debt or overpay for these high engineered Fed housing bubble prices (to lock people into 40 years of bank slavery) and I will not pay $250,000 cash (yes I have it) to live in a smaller house I want a NICE big house I deserve for my hard work and risk in life. I am at the point where I'm considering leaving the United States just to have a large home but am scared of being lonely in a foreign country.

There is more but I could write a book. I have been cursed with lonliness. I don't know what I did to deserve this. I am kind to almost everyone i meet and will go out of my way to help people even if I don't like them. All i wanted was to get married to my high school sweetheart. I've asked God for help but all he does is send me rubbish women who are totally beneath me in looks, intelligence, and morality, I am very stubborn. I am not promiscious and despise promiscious people. I did not work so hard so long to be self employed with an upper six figure income - to marry some 35 year old, cocktail waitress, with 40 sexual partners, tattoos, and who believes in every single thing that is destroying Western civilization today. I am also not interested in dating outside my race - in any way shape or form - yet all God does is intentionally send me every kind of attractive women - who is not white (hot Asian women, Hot Latinas, the hot 40% black girls all the black guys want etc.) - in order to laugh at me.

I am also terrifed of getting divorced and being forced to pay punishing alimony and child support payments. I have seen guys lives DESTROYED by this. 50% divorce rate in USA, 75% filed by women. 90% of those filings are for "irreconcilable differences" NOT for reasons of adultery as commanded in the Bible. This depraved culture has gives women cash and prize incentives to divorce and I am terrifed of getting divorced. I only loved one women in my life and when she left me in destroyed me for years. My heart was carved out. For many years I could not get over her. The pain was too much and I am not willing to risk that kind of emotional devestation again.

Lonliness is not finding a solitary place to pray. Loneliness is a destroyer.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

I've asked God for help but all he does is send me rubbish women who are totally beneath me in looks, intelligence, and morality
Are you [love] kidding me?!

I wasnt necessarily equating feeling lonely to being in an isolated place. You can feel lonely in a crowd.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
I've asked God for help but all he does is send me rubbish women who are totally beneath me in looks, intelligence, and morality

I wasnt necessarily equating feeling lonely to being in an isolated place. You can feel lonely in a crowd.
Nessa,

When were you in the navy?

-Edward R Murrow

Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Nessa wrote:

I wish I was kidding.

I was at Caesars Palace last night hit on by a women 30-35 years old, unattractive, covered in faded tattoos, no wedding ring, based on my experience divorced, never married or a single mother. When she was an 18-24 year old rock star in the sexual marketplace, she would've never given me the time of day because I wasn't into her party lifestyle and she had "options". But now that she's past her prime in a dead end job - now I'm good enough to sire her kids and pay her bills.

Throughout my life, I became acutely aware that people are only as faithful has their options, out for themselves, have ulterior motives, conniving, manipulative, paradoxical and sinful. Everything is about them. They can have it all. That's the deal. Take it or leave it.

I detested this and somehow became more focused on what I needed to do to survive in this type of environment. This world is the exact opposite of the environment i was raised in. I became lonely and somehow learned to live with the fact I would be a loner and never have a normal life.

Anyone who has real friends, is married, has children etc., has something more precious than a thousand emeralds. I hope nobody knows real loneliness and will never experience this lifestyle. It has its perks. But it mostly it sucks. I am not choosing this loneliness. It chose me. Trust me. Loneliness is a destroyer. I don't know what I did that was so awful in my life to deserve this.

I am sort of chuckling at this other posters description of her alone time. That's like someone saying they need some time alone from their hope diamond jewelry collection or something. Getting away from things for a little bit, Mom and a Dad getting some time away from the kids, taking a long walk in the forest, or finding an isolated place to pray is not loneliness trust me.
Last edited by Blessed on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Ricks photo makes me laugh after i read all the complaining i just wrote.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote:Ricks photo makes me laugh after i read all the complaining i just wrote.
That's why it's there. If I can only brighten someone's day just a little bit, or make someone laugh just a little, I accomplished something.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

blessed,

You sound bitter and judgemental. Also quite harsh...appearances can be deceiving. And what did Job do to deserve his misery?

Oh woe, is you...

:soap:
ok, rant over
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

blessed wrote:
I think you're praying for the wrong things. If I had to go out on a limb, I think you need to pray for humility. :shock:

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
blessed wrote:
I think you're praying for the wrong things. If I had to go out on a limb, I think you need to pray for humility. :shock:
Or another few hundred dollars to try and attract higher class women. :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
blessed wrote:
Or another few hundred dollars to try and attract higher class women. :P
Or maybe...

Blessed, Maybe you need to give all of your money away to poor uber drivers. That way, women will love you for who you are, not for your money.

y:-?

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

Blessed wrote:
Nessa wrote:I thought this would be a good topic to explore.

Maybe you have your own experiences to share or have some biblical insights on loneliness.

Jesus himself went to lonely places to pray.
Your comparing peaches to kiwis.

Praying or meditating in lonley places is not loneliness.

Loneliness is a DESTROYER. It's an ERODER. A single engine plane you gas with your soul because you've not no place to land. A small ship on an endless ocean with tatttered sails barely holding together.

I cannot even begin to start with this. I am living in Las Vegas and see all these rich old people ALONE. They have no friends or family and will waste thousands of dollars just to be out of the house around people. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I've been playing blackjack and a lonely old man or women will sit down and drop THOUSANDS in chips just to talk to other people in a social settig. This old man, he must have been in his late 80's or early 90's rolls up to the table and pulls out 40 Grand in cash out of his wheel chair and starts losing like crazy with the pit boss scolding the dealer for not giving him $100 chips instead of $25. I felt really bad for the guy I should've talked to him but felt if I did it would encourage him to go for socializing and I go to count cards not socialize .

Lonliness is also why older people move into Condos and pay outrageous prices and HOA fees - they just want to be around other people. They will not admit this but it's the reason.

God did not design us to be alone. He designed us to be social creatures. When you're alone you're left to your own devices and with enough time - you fold in on yourself. Some people are naturally wired to be hermits and crave nature but deep down inside they do care. I have seen interviews with hermits where they say they just don't like people (and believe me I totally agree) love nature but wish they had a man or women or just someone to talk to somtimes.

I also remember a sermon from Dr. Charles Stanley describing the funeral of a Hermit man. Stanley said his wife wailed out please don't leave me or something like that it really struck a cord with me. It's on you tube I think it's called Charles Stanly lonliness or something like that.

I am struggling with this my whole life since I left my family it's horrible. I talk to tons of people, tons, and it's nice, but it's all fake polite lickiddy skippy chit chat. Nothing ever leads to a real friendships like I had when I was young. Like my friends coming over and hanging out on the couch,. God I hate being an adult. Either that or I dont' have the time. Am unsure about the person. Feel it's better to keep up appearances for ulterior motives like if I go past this line I might say something this person doesn't like and I have to live in the building as them.

And for instance when I'm on a plane. I used to get into long detailed conversations with people but today I avoid it because sometimes I wish I never talked to them or one might bring up something the other doesn't like. For instance this guy on my last flight started bringing up religion and politics. He started bashing Donald Trump, because he is following the PC crowd and forms his opinions based on what others around him think vs. his own. I didn't like it . It ended the conversation on an odd note. Then I had to sit through the rest of the flight.

I am suffering from this for a long time and it's a destoryer. I have no wife. No kids. No family in where I'm sort of "forced" to live because of my career. I need money to survive in this God forsaken world and there is no economy where I'm from unless you want to be a waitress, construction worker, low paying service jobs etc.

I'm trying to change this right now to live closer to my family but suffered a major setback when my Father , lets call him Mr. Brady , doesn't understand my life situation because A) he is incapable B) he is married 40 years to the last pure honest Proverbs women left in the world. So all he can see is that my job/money situation improved since I left Florida and he is OCD stuck on this and refused to help me when I had a chance to buy an awesome 5003 SQF house in FL and only needed an extra 30k which he can effortlessly afford and get his money back in a few months or even if i didn't pay him back and the house value tanked 90%. But nooooooooooo "son a man pays his own" says the man who bought a beachhouse for next to nothing and watched it skyrocket in value before the real estate Ponzi scheme in the USA happened. Now someone else bought it and I will not get into mortage (see: bank slave) debt or overpay for these high engineered Fed housing bubble prices (to lock people into 40 years of bank slavery) and I will not pay $250,000 cash (yes I have it) to live in a smaller house I want a NICE big house I deserve for my hard work and risk in life. I am at the point where I'm considering leaving the United States just to have a large home but am scared of being lonely in a foreign country.

There is more but I could write a book. I have been cursed with lonliness. I don't know what I did to deserve this. I am kind to almost everyone i meet and will go out of my way to help people even if I don't like them. All i wanted was to get married to my high school sweetheart. I've asked God for help but all he does is send me rubbish women who are totally beneath me in looks, intelligence, and morality, I am very stubborn. I am not promiscious and despise promiscious people. I did not work so hard so long to be self employed with an upper six figure income - to marry some 35 year old, cocktail waitress, with 40 sexual partners, tattoos, and who believes in every single thing that is destroying Western civilization today. I am also not interested in dating outside my race - in any way shape or form - yet all God does is intentionally send me every kind of attractive women - who is not white (hot Asian women, Hot Latinas, the hot 40% black girls all the black guys want etc.) - in order to laugh at me.

I am also terrifed of getting divorced and being forced to pay punishing alimony and child support payments. I have seen guys lives DESTROYED by this. 50% divorce rate in USA, 75% filed by women. 90% of those filings are for "irreconcilable differences" NOT for reasons of adultery as commanded in the Bible. This depraved culture has gives women cash and prize incentives to divorce and I am terrifed of getting divorced. I only loved one women in my life and when she left me in destroyed me for years. My heart was carved out. For many years I could not get over her. The pain was too much and I am not willing to risk that kind of emotional devestation again.

Lonliness is not finding a solitary place to pray. Loneliness is a destroyer.
This post made me cry, for so many reasons.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

hosea married a prostitute..

think about that y:-?