Dodgey vid or artful expression?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Dodgey vid or artful expression?

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:Well, dough girl really doesn't appeal to me in the slightest so I guess I've lost touch with stupid social normalities. All I saw was self-aggrandisement and certain worldviews and philosophical underpinnings from which there is nothing good or constructive.

I guess you have boys and that'd make the situation a little different. Nonetheless, if your sister played such to your boys, and other smutty pop clips to them, would you care much?
Are you putting these two vids in the same basket?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Well, dough girl really doesn't appeal to me in the slightest so I guess I've lost touch with stupid social normalities. All I saw was self-aggrandisement and certain worldviews and philosophical underpinnings from which there is nothing good or constructive.

I guess you have boys and that'd make the situation a little different. Nonetheless, if your sister played such to your boys, and other smutty pop clips to them, would you care much?
Are you putting these two vids in the same basket?
One is clearly earlier on in the stages of slowly "cooking the frog".

Children are innocent, so if you find them getting flushed, embarrased, giggling or the like, then evidently there's something amiss. Use the lens of children as the indicator, not an adult lens which is often warped and desensatised.

As for the Katy Perry clip, I asked questions as I'd like input for a real life issue that happened. How would you (and others here) be? Having such a video on Youtube purposefully put on the TV for your daughter.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Sia vid...

I have to admit made me feel slightly uncomfortable.

Katy Perry vid...

Even more so, in fact, I didn't even finish watching it.

So many women complain that men see them as sexual objects whilst defending their rights to do, wear, say whatever they want. Don't get me wrong, I agree BUT is it really fair to display such sexuality then demonise men for reacting to it?

For me, the Sia vid (and I love her music) is inappropiate, a grown man and a child, in a cage, dancing seductively. The Katy Perry vid, flaunting her sexuality that blatantly made me shudder.

I have a daughter who is 12 and I wouldn't want her to watch the Katy Perry vid.

I remember back in the 80s there was an outcry about the Girls on Film video by Duran Duran, saying it sexualised and belittled women. Now,it seems, it's okay to sexualise women as long as it's the women doing it.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Regarding marriage, sexuality, and the like, our society's almost gone down the crapper. Now nearly everything goes except for the worst stuff and that is starting to get more accepted.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

storyteller wrote:

Sia vid...

I have to admit made me feel slightly uncomfortable.
Slightly?

Only slightly uncomfortable?

I must be a real prude!
:bag:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Nessa,

In my career I worked in the criminal justice system managing treatment teams fro convicted sex offenders.

The video is an example of how Sex Offenders game people to except them and their fantasies as innocent so they later justify themselves that it is acceptable to offend and in this case, a pubescent girl.

These folks, when they target young kids and preteens look at underwear sections of catalogs and sales ads.

For me, with my professional training would be in the face of those who produced this with direct confrontation method. This is not art at all it is sex offenders gaming people, pure and simple. Those of in or involved with law enforcement and trained and seen what these folks are really like - know what this trash really is and its purpose.

Many law enforcement officers cannot tell what they see and encounter with these people as it is politically incorrect. We cannot talk about the super dike or the dashing dan, nor or the love letters filled with fesses or urine or the playrooms where these perps urinate and smear feces on their victims while assaulting them or the cries of the victims when they are rescued...

No, instead we are forced to believe their fantasies are are protected art...

So I ask you all to visualize the man smearing feces on this girl who would be n reality tied up and him assaulting her - that is the real picture - the video is how Sex offenders view the assault as innocent and justified...

Stuff like this just make me angry and it needs to stop...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys