A Sincere Apology

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

A Sincere Apology

Post by Gabrielman »

It's been a while hasn't it? I haven't logged in here since 2012, and haven't posted since 2010, so it's been a long seven years since I've done anything here. I have returned for several reasons, and I will outline them here, but I wanted to make the point before hand that I am not here to "bash" anyway, or spread rumors. I've been to some very dark places in my life, and have not been the man of God that I could have been, thanks to some people in my life, and I will go over what I can, but many details will remain hidden because I do not wish to be the one to slander others.

However, my first and foremost reason for this post is to say sorry. I am sincerely sorry for all I've done here, and I owe all of you an apology for my actions. While they were very influenced by one person who sought to control me, that is no excuse. I have the ability to refuse to do what others ask of me, my actions are my own and I must take responsibility for them. There are many people on here I am sure that I hurt, and it was due to my own lack of will to resist doing what I was told to do, that it happened. I am sorry for all that I've done, and I mean that. To each and every person I spoke ill of, insulted, or did any wrong to, I am sorry.

The past seven years of my life and been, for lack of a better term, a living hell. One of my gravest mistakes was when I came here, and allowed myself to be manipulated and taken advantage of, that lead me down this road. Granted my life at the time was also a sort of living hell, this just made it so much worse. I will leave out the name of the individual who I allowed to do this to me, but suffice to say, it was a poor choice at best to let my guard down, and allow myself to be dragged into what I had hoped to be "love".

Those of you who have been here far longer than I will remember my first reason for coming here was that I was lonely, and afraid, and wanted someone to love me. My health was failing, I had few friends, no love, and little to look forward to in life. During that time of searching, one person came into my life, who promised me love and so much more. This person used my poor health and feelings of being alone to get me to do what she wanted, and from that point out I allowed myself to be controlled and manipulated into doing what she asked, and was never allowed to question it.

To cut a long story short, I went through seven years of mental and emotional abuse at the hands of this person. I do not wish to slander names, but I do wish to bring forth the honest truth. In this time I had seen a councilor, and a psychologist, in an attempt to get a grip on life and survive what I was going through. I was asked many times to leave her, for my own mental and physical health, and that was something I was afraid to do.

It was thanks to the strength of one friend that I met online that I was finally able to break the chains that bound me to a sinful and hurtful lifestyle, and get free. I have moved away from this person who hurt me so badly, and have been working on rebuilding lost friendships. I won't go into too much detail on that, as many who read this will probably be newer members, and won't fully understand the situation, and the ones who understand at least part of it, won't understand the parts they were never around for. I am open to anyone sending me a pm if they wish to discuss this further, and get the real details, but I won't display things in public for several reasons.

There is so much more I wish to say, so much more I feel I need to apologize for, so much more that I need to make up for, but for the time being this will have to suffice. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being a jerk, I'm sorry for allowing myself to believe the lies, and I'm sorry for all those I have hurt here. I ask for your forgiveness, and I hope that in time I can once again earn the trust of some beloved friends I once had here.

I once descended into darkness, now I am attempting to ascend into the light, and for the first time start living life for God truly. I want to give my life back to God, and I wish to make amends for my past mistakes. May this be the start of a new beginning.

-Gabrielman
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: A Sincere Apology

Post by RickD »

Sorry if I'm blunt, but is it cslewislover?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

RickD wrote:Sorry if I'm blunt, but is it cslewislover?
As I said, I'd like to leave names out of this, as to avoid slander, no matter who has done what to me. You are aware of what has gone, at least to some extent, and so I feel you'd know the answer to that. Yes, she was the one involved in all this, but I do not wish to drag her name, or anyone's name, through mud, no matter what has been done to me or others.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gabrielman wrote:
As I said, I'd like to leave names out of this, as to avoid slander, no matter who has done what to me. You are aware of what has gone, at least to some extent, and so I feel you'd know the answer to that. Yes, she was the one involved in all this, but I do not wish to drag her name, or anyone's name, through mud, no matter what has been done to me or others.
That's fine, and I'll leave it alone if that's your wishes.

I'm just trying to refresh my terrible memory. I do remember you stepping down, I just don't remember the details.

At any rate, welcome back! It's always good to have members come back who have been away for a while. I'm sure you'd like to get to know a lot of the members who have joined since you've been gone. :D
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

RickD wrote:
Gabrielman wrote:

I'm just trying to refresh my terrible memory. I do remember you stepping down, I just don't remember the details.

At any rate, welcome back! It's always good to have members come back who have been away for a while. I'm sure you'd like to get to know a lot of the members who have joined since you've been gone. :D
I'm open to discussion to an extent, just not name and blame sort of things. If you wish, you and I can pm if you want to know more. I just don't want to be accused of public slander is all.

I am glad to be back, but a bit hesitant. I know a lot of good has come from this forum, and a lot of bad has come because of my actions as well. I'd love to get to know some newer faces, and I shall over time. It will be nice to get back into science and faith. It's been far too long.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Wasnt she married?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gabrielman wrote:
RickD wrote:
Gabrielman wrote:

I'm open to discussion to an extent, just not name and blame sort of things. If you wish, you and I can pm if you want to know more. I just don't want to be accused of public slander is all.

I am glad to be back, but a bit hesitant. I know a lot of good has come from this forum, and a lot of bad has come because of my actions as well. I'd love to get to know some newer faces, and I shall over time. It will be nice to get back into science and faith. It's been far too long.
I'd like to know as much as you'd like to share. If you want to pm me, that's fine. I just don't want to pry. I understand how personal it is.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Sorry that you had to go through all that :(
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Nessa wrote:Wasnt she married?
As I said, I won't go into detail here about what all went on, but the short answer is yes, she was.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Gabrielman wrote:
As I said, I won't go into detail here about what all went on, but the short answer is yes, she was.
I understand.

I dont know her... just that she pmed someone else here for awhile too..
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

:popcorn:

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote::popcorn:
:fryingpan:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gabrielman wrote:
I thought she was married to you.

Maybe you should just lay it all out here. You're among friends.
:lol:

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Gabrielman wrote:
I thought she was married to you.

Maybe you should just lay it all out here. You're among friends.
:lol:
He said he hoped it would lead to love....

So unless it was an arranged marriage....
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

ignore rick ;) :P

Feel free to pm if you need someone to listen