The worst apologist in the world

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: The worst apologist in the world

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Nessa wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
Nessa wrote:
How do you absolutely know that there is no absolute truth?

She was stumped for two seconds then told me its all about what we believe. Your heart tells you the truth. Why should it be my business what others believe? Just worry about myself....

She is new age...

My mind went blank and I fumbled for arguments... I felt the way she looked at me was extremely challenging and I felt that alone made me feel defeated.

Yes, I totally failed.
You could've said that if there is no absolute truth then how'd you know your heart tells you truth?
I've been a really bad apologist on youtube before, I'm still ashamed about one particular time since i'm sure it made some atheists even more distant to God and that it lowered my credibility. But no one's perfect.
Do you have a youtube channel?

I have a feeling that she has made her heart her own God. She is convinced the heart is all good and that is how we know what good is.
Yes I have one, it don't have many videos but I made two playlists, but maybe i should've watched all the videos first before adding them.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Nessa wrote: I have a feeling that she has made her heart her own God. She is convinced the heart is all good and that is how we know what good is.
But feelings/emotions/inner mind changes and therefore the heart isn't always right, it changes and gets stuff wrong. No wonder the bible says it is deceitful above all things. I wonder how she came to this idea.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Nessa wrote:
Nessa wrote:

She was stumped for two seconds then told me its all about what we believe. Your heart tells you the truth. Why should it be my business what others believe? Just worry about myself....

She is new age...

My mind went blank and I fumbled for arguments... I felt the way she looked at me was extremely challenging and I felt that alone made me feel defeated.

Yes, I totally failed.
You could've said that if there is no absolute truth then how'd you know your heart tells you truth?
I've been a really bad apologist on youtube before, I'm still ashamed about one particular time since i'm sure it made some atheists even more distant to God and that it lowered my credibility. But no one's perfect.
Do you have a youtube channel?

I have a feeling that she has made her heart her own God. She is convinced the heart is all good and that is how we know what good is.
Yes I have one, it don't have many videos but I made two playlists, but maybe i should've watched all the videos first before adding them.
Whats the channel?
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

The hardest thing to do is to preach the gospel to a non-believer, even more so to an atheist.
That is why groups like the JW's that good door-to-door, focus on people that are already Christian.
They aren't saving them, they are bringing them into their religion.

The goal of spreading the gospel is to help those that do not believe in Christ, to believe and be saved.

Of course it is up to the person being preached to to accept the gospel, one certainly can't force it on anyone.

Of course if we can help someone be saved, even just one person, in our lifetime, that is something.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Nessa wrote:Thats what I feel like today...

Im sure I made all of heaven cringe :econfused:

I met a new co worker at work today and we got onto some spiritual matters. I could hear myself talking and thought [poop], I sound like I'm from some weird, vague cult

Shes writing a book on her journey.

I only managed to challenge her on one point.

She is new age...

Yes, I totally failed.
Not really, we live and learn..

Answer thusly something to this effect: "..so then there are absolutes then... that justifies not to listen to others..."

Then follow through with:

If you were eating cherry flavored rat poison because you believed it would not kill you because your heart says so, would you become absolutely dead?

Not all beliefs are valid... that is an absolute...

Have a nice day...

Then...

Quote Jesus' words to here when he said - He is the way, the truth, and the life...

Next, do what the Lord instructs - Either walk away or continue talking...

I am a bit more in your face with folks like this because they need to wake the heck up...

I also pray that the Lord do what he must to draw her to himself and open her eyes to see and ears to hear...

There are things she will toss at you, probably turn the rat poison example back on you or saying something like all roads, religions, lead to heaven or something like that...

Would you like a good quip for that contingency?

I will give you a few after I get back form an appointment Lord willing and the creek does not rise...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

People just don't think too deeply beyond the spiel they're pushing. If there is only one truth about a thing that is accurate, and many other that not only contradict that truth, but that also conflict in varying ways with each alternative, asserted "truths," then what are we to conclude?

I always use the analogy of the Road to Christ being exclusive, per the road to my grandparents' house when I was a boy. There were many rural roads, dirt roads, etc., criss-crossing in various ways, between my house and my GPs. And while I might have preferred one of those many roads - maybe one or more with beautiful scenery along them - the reality was, there was but ONE secondary road that would get me there. The rest didn't connect or go in the right direction. No pretending, no preferences, no assertions that these other roads would get me to grandma's, would work. There was one road and one truth about which one got us there. And that is the way it is with conflicting, contradictory, asserted truths. There CAN be an exclusive truth! The fact is, when it comes to spiritual things, mankind wants to deny the only Path available to them - so they pretend either it doesn't exist, or, that it's optional.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

If you guys ever feel like you put your foot in your mouth, remember this quote by a British poet, novelist, laureate and linguist B.A. M.A. and PhD Michael Rosen:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (102.7 KiB) Viewed 2104 times