Have you had any supernatural experiences?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Have you had any supernatural experiences?

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

We got to be careful talking about some, bc some are dangerous, like some orbs and shadow people (not in corner of eye either). I've experienced those. But I've had examples of where my guardian angel and/or God helped me too.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Have you had any supernatural experiences?

Post by RickD »

I had a fat black lady come to me in a dream, claiming she is God.

Does that count?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
IceMobster
Christian: No

Post by IceMobster »

RickD wrote:I had a fat black lady come to me in a dream, claiming she is God.

Does that count?
Lol, that a reference to that new "Christian" movie in which God is portrayed as a fat black woman?
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:We got to be careful talking about some, bc some are dangerous, like some orbs and shadow people (not in corner of eye either). I've experienced those. But I've had examples of where my guardian angel and/or God helped me too.
Seriously? And you weren't asleep?
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

IceMobster wrote:
RickD wrote:I had a fat black lady come to me in a dream, claiming she is God.

Does that count?
Lol, that a reference to that new "Christian" movie in which God is portrayed as a fat black woman?
Why yes, it is.
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =2&t=41793

I mean...no...it was a real dream.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I have a supernatural experience every night we have "Tickle Time" :D and come to think of it, I think she does, too! :mrgreen:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:I have a supernatural experience every night we have "Tickle Time" :D and come to think of it, I think she does, too! :mrgreen:
:pound:

-Edward R Murrow

IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Well, I suppose this is on topic. The guy in that heretical charismatic movement called Pure Truth I wrote here about claims he visited pharaoh Ramzes II. after he initiated into deep prayer. After he entered this state, his soul left his body (so, an astral projection basically) and he wandered through that-time Egypt and proclaimed the Good News.

I asked him which psychadelic mushrooms he took and, well, he got a bit mad and wrote a wall of text on how God is Love and, you know, all of those pinky wrappings blahblah that follows.

But, yeah, all of that supernatural experiences (this astral projection, as well) are meh... Sure, it is a cool experience, but it is the same as a dream since you can not know whether what you just experienced is the truth and how much of that experience is connected to the truth/Truth.

Why? Because Satan is not some bloody dumba$$ (relevant: 1 Cor 11:14)

It's the same with ouija board where you supposedly talk to your dead relatives. Yeah, right.
The Screwtape Letters by C.S.Lewis, bro. Read it.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

IceMobster wrote:Well, I suppose this is on topic. The guy in that heretical charismatic movement called Pure Truth I wrote here about claims he visited pharaoh Ramzes II. after he initiated into deep prayer. After he entered this state, his soul left his body (so, an astral projection basically) and he wandered through that-time Egypt and proclaimed the Good News.

I asked him which psychadelic mushrooms he took and, well, he got a bit mad and wrote a wall of text on how God is Love and, you know, all of those pinky wrappings blahblah that follows.

But, yeah, all of that supernatural experiences (this astral projection, as well) are meh... Sure, it is a cool experience, but it is the same as a dream since you can not know whether what you just experienced is the truth and how much of that experience is connected to the truth/Truth.

It's the same with ouija board where you supposedly talk to your dead relatives. Yeah, right.

If a person has a dream and remembers it? It is important to line it up with what the bible says to say to know whether or not it is a dream from God or not.As we read prophecies in the bible we can tell there was imagary in the dreams that represented things and so it is not abnormal to have imagary in a dream that comes from God. I think that first off it can be hard to remember the details of a dream even when they seem so real while dreaming and when we awake some of the details we saw in our dream can be lost and we can fill in these gaps with our best recollection of the dream.But if it is a dream from God it will line up with the bible and not if it is'nt from God.However there are new prophecies that God can reveal to us concerning the future and it is harder to know in some cases if these came from God or not.Alot of times we have to wait and see how accurate they are.IMO,it is rare that somebody who claims God gave them a prophecy are correct and it is their own prophecy that they have come up with themself.But just as God revealed the future to prophets of the past he can reveal the future through true prophets today also.I think it is rare today though because most people focus on other things and don't desire the gift of prophecy,but other gifts instead and false prophets give the true prophets a bad name.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Here is an example of a true prophecy
https://youtu.be/10v1BJrYaA8
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

IceMobster wrote:
RickD wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:We got to be careful talking about some, bc some are dangerous, like some orbs and shadow people (not in corner of eye either). I've experienced those. But I've had examples of where my guardian angel and/or God helped me too.
I'm dead serious. Other people have saw shadow figures in that same place btw.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
RickD wrote:
I'm dead serious. Other people have saw shadow figures in that same place btw.
Thing is, why would Satan or any evil spirit reveal himself there? It is much more wise to stay hidden and allow people to start doubting or outright negating your existence.

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

IceMobster wrote:Well, I suppose this is on topic. The guy in that heretical charismatic movement called Pure Truth I wrote here about claims he visited pharaoh Ramzes II. after he initiated into deep prayer. After he entered this state, his soul left his body (so, an astral projection basically) and he wandered through that-time Egypt and proclaimed the Good News.

A lot of so called paranormal events turn out to be figments of the mind. I won't deny that. But I do think there have been some genuine supernatural events. Especially when the same event is experienced by multiple people.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

IceMobster wrote: Thing is, why would Satan or any evil spirit reveal himself there? It is much more wise to stay hidden and allow people to start doubting or outright negating your existence.
I can't say for all evil spirits but if you notice in Scripture Satan, in his worst acts, often goes by sneaky means. The devil will use all types of means to lure people to destruction or to cause discord.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: A lot of so called paranormal events turn out to be figments of the mind. I won't deny that. But I do think there have been some genuine supernatural events. Especially when the same event is experienced by multiple people.
Interestingly, this guy claims 2 other people also observed what he did.
Meh...
IceMobster wrote: Thing is, why would Satan or any evil spirit reveal himself there? It is much more wise to stay hidden and allow people to start doubting or outright negating your existence.
I can't say for all evil spirits but if you notice in Scripture Satan, in his worst acts, often goes by sneaky means. The devil will use all types of means to lure people to destruction or to cause discord.
Exactly, so why would he show you and others a shadowy figure or some orb of darkness or something just for the sake of it?
I do not know nor am I denying your experience. Just thinking out loud.

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

IceMobster wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: A lot of so called paranormal events turn out to be figments of the mind. I won't deny that. But I do think there have been some genuine supernatural events. Especially when the same event is experienced by multiple people.
Interestingly, this guy claims 2 other people also observed what he did.
Meh...
Exactly, so why would he show you and others a shadowy figure or some orb of darkness or something just for the sake of it?
I do not know nor am I denying your experience. Just thinking out loud.
Don't really know, but it's good to have an open mind about these things. The thing was, I tried to find every explanation I could, and so I figured they were supernatural.