Have you had any supernatural experiences?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Have you had any supernatural experiences?

Post by Philip »

One thing is made clear in Scripture: The demonic can do all manner of physical and other deceptions. This means that even some kind of orb or ghostly figure is a counterfeit that is not physical in origin. So, if the demonic cannot tempt you with temporal things, they will attempt to frighten you. Or, they may merely try to keep you pre-occupied with chasing shadows of whatever metaphysical phenomenon: Ghosts, supposed mythical creatures, UFOs, aliens - whatever, the goal is to keep one's obsession with the phenomenon, of finding it, proving it, figuring it out, fearing it, being baffled by it - to the point that one's focus is everywhere but upon God and what He wants for a person. Satan and his colleagues have many, diverse and creative tools to harm man. Contrast with the referenced supernatural occurrences caused by God - where supernatural occurrences are always meant for the ultimate good (and sometimes punishment) of His people, and usually they are not obscure and baffling, but clear as to intent or communication. Shadows and weird stuff that cause apprehension and confusion for Christians - those are of the demonic.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

IceMobster wrote:I asked him which psychadelic mushrooms he took and, well, he got a bit mad and wrote a wall of text on how God is Love and, you know, all of those pinky wrappings blahblah that follows.
In my experience with people taken by some mysticism, Christian or otherwise, I find the "God is Love" refrain to often be at the tip of their lips. It seems, such people, need to feel special or something to feel loved. And only a "supernatural" experience can provide that to them. Clearly, there are deeper psychological issues at play.

That said, often what such mean by God is Love, is that Love is God, so wherever they experience such "love" they equate with experiencing God. Yet, Socrates might be a man, but just because I'm talking to a man doesn't mean it's Socrates I'm talking to.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Philip wrote:One thing is made clear in Scripture: The demonic can do all manner of physical and other deceptions. This means that even some kind of orb or ghostly figure is a counterfeit that is not physical in origin. So, if the demonic cannot tempt you with temporal things, they will attempt to frighten you. Or, they may merely try to keep you pre-occupied with chasing shadows of whatever metaphysical phenomenon: Ghosts, supposed mythical creatures, UFOs, aliens - whatever, the goal is to keep one's obsession with the phenomenon, of finding it, proving it, figuring it out, fearing it, being baffled by it - to the point that one's focus is everywhere but upon God and what He wants for a person. Satan and his colleagues have many, diverse and creative tools to harm man. Contrast with the referenced supernatural occurrences caused by God - where supernatural occurrences are always meant for the ultimate good (and sometimes punishment) of His people, and usually they are not obscure and baffling, but clear as to intent or communication. Shadows and weird stuff that cause apprehension and confusion for Christians - those are of the demonic.
These weren't the only cases, over the years I've had a number of weird stuff. Same with my parents. But yes I agree with you.
IceMobster
Christian: No

Post by IceMobster »

Kurieuo wrote:
IceMobster wrote:I asked him which psychadelic mushrooms he took and, well, he got a bit mad and wrote a wall of text on how God is Love and, you know, all of those pinky wrappings blahblah that follows.
In my experience with people taken by some mysticism, Christian or otherwise, I find the "God is Love" refrain to often be at the tip of their lips. It seems, such people, need to feel special or something to feel loved. And only a "supernatural" experience can provide that to them. Clearly, there are deeper psychological issues at play.

That said, often what such mean by God is Love, is that Love is God, so wherever they experience such "love" they equate with experiencing God. Yet, Socrates might be a man, but just because I'm talking to a man doesn't mean it's Socrates I'm talking to.
Exactly. He (subtly) hides his "superb supernatural experiences" behind doing it for the glory of Jesus and His love but actually wants to show others how he progresses spiritually or something. It's sickening.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

That's because people often think any supernatural experience they might have reveals truth. As in, if it's a natural occurrence, if "behind the scenes" and rarely experienced, it "must just be the way things are," and thus is a momentary glimpse into something they trust not to be dangerous or deceptive. But that's no different than how people latch onto to whatever temporal bait is hiding a dangerous hook - it's because they desperately want to believe in the bait, as their motivations are to want it to be true so much - to the point that they aren't wary or don't care about whether a thing is true or dangerous. With so many deceptions in the physical world, it's rather amazing that people discount those from the nether world as well.
JButler
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JButler »

Supernatural AKA paranormal things do happen. If macho cops are willing to admit them then you should pay attention. Cops have this idea they might appear unhinged or weak or nuts if they admit a supernatural encounter, so when they do admit having one that means they were rattled so bad they don't care what anyone thinks.

We've had people call 911 for help because their household and family were being savaged by evil/demonic spirits. The big one I recall the two officers were dispatched and witnessed a number of things flying through the air or moving dishes, etc. Plus demonic voices had been leaving messages on the homeowner's VM system.

I had one on the scene of an extremely depraved murder, it scared me so bad so literally ran from the house.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

JButler wrote:Supernatural AKA paranormal things do happen. If macho cops are willing to admit them then you should pay attention. Cops have this idea they might appear unhinged or weak or nuts if they admit a supernatural encounter, so when they do admit having one that means they were rattled so bad they don't care what anyone thinks.

We've had people call 911 for help because their household and family were being savaged by evil/demonic spirits. The big one I recall the two officers were dispatched and witnessed a number of things flying through the air or moving dishes, etc. Plus demonic voices had been leaving messages on the homeowner's VM system.

I had one on the scene of an extremely depraved murder, it scared me so bad so literally ran from the house.
Yes I've heard of some cases. Thing is they cover it up as a cold case since even though the supernatural is generally accepted by the public if it was put out as official the masses would go into a panic.
You also have to be careful with giving too much energy to these kinds of things. I know, and a preacher I know agrees, if u let urself be interested too much in this stuff, u will open the door to supernatural things.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:We got to be careful talking about some, bc some are dangerous, like some orbs and shadow people (not in corner of eye either). I've experienced those. But I've had examples of where my guardian angel and/or God helped me too.
Shadow people, ie tall man, yes, demonic yes.

Many who encounter these become seriously depressed and commit suicide. Encounter this a lot of the Native American Reservations where one is free to bring this up. I have worked with those who seen these in the cities of Colorado too where you can't discuss this due to intellectualism and mockery.

We talk of multi universes... other dimensions and still reject the supernatural realm is not smart.

As for seeing a angel, that is possible but what are the results? Confusion, depression, euphoric feelings that do not last, thoughts of bitterness murder? then, not good - not of God.

Seeing angels in their angelic form is rare and the bible call us to test all things and pray for the gift of discernment. True angelic beings from God don't mind this a bit and but the fallen type, well not so much, and keep you hooked on seeking angels and not at all God.

Only you can answer these things for yourself.

Also certain drugs were used to channel spirits and seek occult info from from ancient times to this days. Beside hallucination these drugs and induce, they can open people up a spiritual dimension too. Stay away from such drugs...not good...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

B. W. wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:We got to be careful talking about some, bc some are dangerous, like some orbs and shadow people (not in corner of eye either). I've experienced those. But I've had examples of where my guardian angel and/or God helped me too.
Shadow people, ie tall man, yes, demonic yes.

Many who encounter these become seriously depressed and commit suicide. Encounter this a lot of the Native American Reservations where one is free to bring this up. I have worked with those who seen these in the cities of Colorado too where you can't discuss this due to intellectualism and mockery.

We talk of multi universes... other dimensions and still reject the supernatural realm is not smart.

As for seeing a angel, that is possible but what are the results? Confusion, depression, euphoric feelings that do not last, thoughts of bitterness murder? then, not good - not of God.

Seeing angels in their angelic form is rare and the bible call us to test all things and pray for the gift of discernment. True angelic beings from God don't mind this a bit and but the fallen type, well not so much, and keep you hooked on seeking angels and not at all God.

Only you can answer these things for yourself.

Also certain drugs were used to channel spirits and seek occult info from from ancient times to this days. Beside hallucination these drugs and induce, they can open people up a spiritual dimension too. Stay away from such drugs...not good...
-
-
-
Several night ago I was in the living room and my dog who was outside started barking. For some reason I felt something wrong so as a fail-safe I told it to go in the name of Jesus and my dog stopped barking several moments later. With the right faith one can keep these away if God allows it.
yorican67
Acquainted Member

Post by yorican67 »

I had a supernatural experience once when I was around 12 yrs old. It was soon after my neighbor asked me to receive Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I can still recall the way I felt after receiving the Lord some forty years later. It was exhilarating and I felt like I was walking on clouds, as if I was floating. I'd claim I was completely filled with the Holy Spirit, having an out of body experience as it were. I've never since felt or experienced such an overwhelming presence of the Holy Spirit in my life. I couldn't stop smiling, feeling elated that I was saved, wanting more of God's presence in my life.

I was 12 yrs old not knowing anything about scripture or doctrines or theology. I had my first love, which made everything else in my life pale in comparison. It was a supernatural experience that transcended anything else I could imagine. I was ready to go see the Lord, wanting desperately to be taken away.

The book of Revelation speaks about returning to your first Love, which I can relate too completely. I've been trying to get back to what I lost in my youth. Lord be supernatural in my life once again. It's interesting to me that I started my walk in the Church of Ephesus, having lost my first love and ended up in the Church of Laodicea, being neither hot or cold.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

[quote="B. W."]
Many who encounter these become seriously depressed and commit suicide. Encounter this a lot of the Native American Reservations where one is free to bring this up.[quote]
One of their more scary beliefs are that of the skinwalker, which might just be true. It's said (i havent' seen it) the Natives will get very quiet and will leave while talking about the skinwalker. It also fits perfectly as some fallen angel occultic creature as it goes after people and can change form I think.
[quote]
We talk of multi universes... other dimensions and still reject the supernatural realm is not smart.[quote]
Reminds me of Stephen Hawkings. He actually accepts shadow people but thinks they are extradimensional entities (or so I've read).
[quote]

Only you can answer these things for yourself. [quote]
I actually didn't see the angels I just figured they were there, bc the stuff my family has experienced and yet still manage would likely involve angels, and of course God.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Yorican67 that reminds me of 2 Corinthians 12:2
yorican67
Acquainted Member

Post by yorican67 »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Yorican67 that reminds me of 2 Corinthians 12:2
Nice reference scripture. I couldn't have stated it better!
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Yorican67 that reminds me of 2 Corinthians 12:2
And it kinda reminds me of this song too.
Scripture
https://youtu.be/PbKuMSG8Z6g
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I saw a demon get cast out of a woman one time and I noticed that demons really do tremble at the name of Jesus like the bible tells us.I saw it with my own eyes demons do tremble at the name of Jesus like the bible tells us.It went crazy when the name of Jesus was used compared to when his name was not brought up. So I know that demons really do tremble at the name of Jesus like the bible tells us.They really are very scared of Jesus Christ.It was just a normal church service too and not a big mega-church or anything like that although it was a week long tent revival put on by a small church.

I have since learned that this is true in any country around the world even if you don't speak the language demons tremble at the name of Jesus Christ in any country around the world and regardless of the language they speak.It is a universal truth.Demons around the world know who Jesus Christ is.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.