Is being an atheist irrational?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Is being an atheist irrational?

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Justhuman wrote:I strongly resent the title of this topic, as it addresses a whole group, excluding any individual in that group.

Are ALL atheists irrational: NO

Are there SOME atheists that are irrational: YES

Are ALL non-atheists irrational: NO

Are there SOME non-atheists that are irrational: YES

Do ALL Christians think that ALL atheists are irrational: NO

I could rephrase the topic into "Is being a Christian irrational?". For an atheist: yes. Christians are chasing a ghost. (Ghosts don’t exist either, but that is another topic).

How do you feel about that?

But...

however...

Even though I am an 'hardcore' atheist, I cannot fully reject the existance of God, or better, a God-like being/creature/entity (BCE).

It depends on what one calls God. Is it the Biblical God? The one that allways was and always shall be? The one with with no beginning and no end?

Or, is it a BCE? that evolved by an evolutionary path?

The Biblical God, that created heaven and Earth, even the universe and time itself? NO!

The evolutionary BCE, I think, is possible. But that wouldn't be a God, but 'just' a very advanced and powerfull BCE.

Given time and survibillaty, how far could the human race evolve? In 100 years? In 1 milion years? In 1000 milion years? Maybe we would also be a God-like BCE.

I think you can't hande the truth.You know the truth is the truth no matter how hard it might be to believe and I have explained why atheism is irrational.You have no proof or evidence atheism is true,no proof or evidence there is no god,and yet knowing this, you accept it not caring about evidence or proof.This is irrational eventhough it is not meant as an insult.This makes atheism just an opinion at best.It is irrational to accept something knowing that there is no evidence or proof it is true and then to live out your life believing it or accepting it anyway.You should want to know that you have made the right choice but you don't really care being an atheist. This is not only irrational but dumb when you understand what Jesus did for us who believe in him and how he made salvation so easy.Jesus did all of the things we are supposed to do for us and he suffered in our place so that we don't have to for the sins we have all committed. There is no other god that cared this much and showed this much love toward man and so they are all distant god's that never really did anything for man.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Justhuman
Established Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Justhuman »

I think you can't hande the truth.You know the truth is the truth no matter how hard it might be to believe and I have explained why atheism is irrational.You have no proof or evidence atheism is true,no proof or evidence there is no god,and yet knowing this, you accept it not caring about evidence or proof.This is irrational eventhough it is not meant as an insult.This makes atheism just an opinion at best.It is irrational to accept something knowing that there is no evidence or proof it is true and then to live out your life believing it or accepting it anyway.You should want to know that you have made the right choice but you don't really care being an atheist. This is not only irrational but dumb when you understand what Jesus did for us who believe in him and how he made salvation so easy.Jesus did all of the things we are supposed to do for us and he suffered in our place so that we don't have to for the sins we have all committed. There is no other god that cared this much and showed this much love toward man and so they are all distant god's that never really did anything for man.
:shakehead:
I'm not sure if being purposefully daft or just not quick on the pickup.
It seems I'm an irrational slow dumb daft fool...

Please, do not call me dumb, daft, fool, ignorant or otherwise if you don't know me. I've not called any of you names, I expect the same respect.
Justhuman
Established Member

Post by Justhuman »

Abelcainsbrother wrote:
I've read your explanation, but it is not an explanation, it's a monologue about atheists being wrong, whatever way to look at it.

I could use about the same words as you do, replacing atheism with God, and get the exact opposite point of view. It's that close how our point-of-views are.
Now since there is absolutely no evidence or proof atheism is true or there is no God then all atheists are excluding themselves from needing any evidence,even if they are not fully even aware of it and nobody gets a pass when it comes to wanting to know the truth.
Lack of evidence? Who said that atheists are excluding themselves from needing to delivering evidence? Or 'not wanting to know the truth'?

To state that one KNOWS the truth (as you do, as far I read your posts) is pretty presumptious.

For me, I off course don't know the truth. Because, what is the truth? Everyone has his own opinion of the truth, and there is noone with exactly the same interpretation of the truth. So, in that sense, there are 7 biljon truths out there.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Justhuman wrote:Abelcainsbrother wrote:
I've read your explanation, but it is not an explanation, it's a monologue about atheists being wrong, whatever way to look at it.

I could use about the same words as you do, replacing atheism with God, and get the exact opposite point of view. It's that close how our point-of-views are.
Now since there is absolutely no evidence or proof atheism is true or there is no God then all atheists are excluding themselves from needing any evidence,even if they are not fully even aware of it and nobody gets a pass when it comes to wanting to know the truth.
Lack of evidence? Who said that atheists are excluding themselves from needing to delivering evidence? Or 'not wanting to know the truth'?

To state that one KNOWS the truth (as you do, as far I read your posts) is pretty presumptious.

For me, I off course don't know the truth. Because, what is the truth? Everyone has his own opinion of the truth, and there is noone with exactly the same interpretation of the truth. So, in that sense, there are 7 biljon truths out there.

You as an atheist have no evidence to put on the table to present evidence that atheism is true or there is no God.Yet,you accept atheism knowing this.The only way we can determine what is true is evidence and you have none.All you can bring to the table is your doubt and unbelief based on an unsubstantited opinion that you accept that causes you to deny God.It is your responsibility to make sure you have accepted the truth,different religions,interpretations,etc does not change it.Besides if you're willing to accept atheism without any evidence or proof it is true you already don't have a very good grasp at how we discover the truth and so it probably would'nt do you any good to compare religions,evidence,interpretations,etc to find out which ones are true or not.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Justhuman
Established Member

Post by Justhuman »

Dear Abelcainsbrother,

Since I think you would beforehand reject everything that might even come close to any proof that atheism might be true, there's no point in discussing it with you.
Justhuman
Established Member

Post by Justhuman »

Abelcainsbrother wrote:
You as an atheist have no evidence to put on the table to present evidence that atheism is true or there is no God.Yet,you accept atheism knowing this.The only way we can determine what is true is evidence and you have none.All you can bring to the table is your doubt and unbelief based on an unsubstantited opinion that you accept that causes you to deny God.It is your responsibility to make sure you have accepted the truth,different religions,interpretations,etc does not change it.Besides if you're willing to accept atheism without any evidence or proof it is true you already don't have a very good grasp at how we discover the truth and so it probably would'nt do you any good to compare religions,evidence,interpretations,etc to find out which ones are true or not.
I'm not quite sure if you have any evidence whether whats true and whether God exists?
Last edited by Justhuman on Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justhuman
Established Member

Post by Justhuman »

Maybe you can elaborate me about the true evidence about the Gap Theory?
Being a theory it implements it might be wrong.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Justhuman wrote:Dear Abelcainsbrother,

Since I think you would beforehand reject everything that might even come close to any proof that atheism might be true, there's no point in discussing it with you.
There is no proof or evidence atheism is true and atheists will tell you they don't have to have evidence,this means they know they don't.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Justhuman wrote:Abelcainsbrother wrote:
I'm not quite sure if you have any evidence whether whats true and whether God exists?
Then get saved by Jesus and you'll have proof.

Justhuman
Established Member

Post by Justhuman »

There is no proof or evidence atheism is true and atheists will tell you they don't have to have evidence,this means they know they don't.
Maybe the fact that I am an atheist is evidence enough to prove that atheism is true (might be true :).
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Justhuman wrote:Maybe you can elaborate me about the true evidence about the Gap Theory?
Being a theory it implements it might be wrong.

A creation interpretation is not as important as the gospel and whether or not you accept it or not.Before we get into creation you need to first find God.

Justhuman
Established Member

Post by Justhuman »

You are avoiding an answer, Abelcainsbrother.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Justhuman wrote:
You are avoiding an answer, Abelcainsbrother.

No,it is proof.You just have'nt been saved and so you don't have proof.If you was to get saved you would become a new creature in Christ Jesus and you'd realize you're different now eventhough you're still you,on the inside you'll know you are different.This is because no Christian changes themselves to be a Christian,and if they did? They would be a hypocrite.Salvation is a miracle inwhich you are changed on the inside to serve God by God and not yourself.If this happened to you? You would have the proof you need.

Justhuman
Established Member

Post by Justhuman »

Still, you are repeating yourself in non-answering.

I've seen you are very active on this forum and definitely have a weakness for science, especially the Gap Theory.

So, let's try something I do not have be a Christian for: I've read a little about the Gap Theory, but failed to find the true evidence behind it. Maybe you can elaborate on that evidence?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Justhuman wrote:Still, you are repeating yourself in non-answering.

I've seen you are very active on this forum and definitely have a weakness for science, especially the Gap Theory.

So, let's try something I do not have be a Christian for: I've read a little about the Gap Theory, but failed to find the true evidence behind it. Maybe you can elaborate on that evidence?
This is not the thread to discuss the Gap Theory but the way you just skim over evidence I have given you already I'm not sure you'd be able to tell the truth of it based on evidence.Perhaps in another thread,but first you need to find God nd I've already given you evidence and proof even of how you can know God is real.