Hey I'm Josh - AVID CREATIONIST

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Joshokitty
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Hey I'm Josh - AVID CREATIONIST

Post by Joshokitty »

Hey I'm Josh. I'm a freshman in high school and just been looking around the website for a few months now. I really enjoy it so far. I believe in a young earth and fixed species creation. :)
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Hey I'm Josh - AVID CREATIONIST

Post by Philip »

Hello, Josh!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Hello Kitty.

Welcome to the forum.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

meow

=^..^=
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Joshokitty wrote:Hey I'm Josh. I'm a freshman in high school and just been looking around the website for a few months now. I really enjoy it so far. I believe in a young earth and fixed species creation. :)
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Servin' the Father. For you.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LHu44r_c-NU
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
IceMobster
Christian: No

Post by IceMobster »

Joshokitty wrote:Hey I'm Josh. I'm a freshman in high school and just been looking around the website for a few months now. I really enjoy it so far. I believe in a young earth and fixed species creation. :)
Why do you believe the Earth is <10000 years old if countless scientists and people smarter than you and me concluded otherwise? Not to mention all the evidence...
Why go against reason?

Welcome, btw. ;)
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ice: Why do you believe the Earth is <10000 years old if countless scientists and people smarter than you and me concluded otherwise? Not to mention all the evidence...
Why go against reason?

Welcome, btw. ;)
Yeah, a warm welcome - and quick to the inquisition, LOL. But, Josh, that's how we learn around here.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Hi, I'm not much older than you either, by a few years (I don't like giving my age on most internet sites) and I like it here too. Be careful about expressing your YEC view, not as much here as elsewhere, since people will throw every insult and immature behavior possible at you. That's not to get you discouraged, it's fine to believe in a young earth or old earth and be a Christian-but I digress.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Philip wrote:
Ice: Why do you believe the Earth is <10000 years old if countless scientists and people smarter than you and me concluded otherwise? Not to mention all the evidence...
Why go against reason?

Welcome, btw. ;)
Yeah, a warm welcome - and quick to the inquisition, LOL. But, Josh, that's how we learn around here.
Hahaha!
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
Hi, I'm not much older than you either, by a few years (I don't like giving my age on most internet sites) and I like it here too. Be careful about expressing your YEC view, not as much here as elsewhere, since people will throw every insult and immature behavior possible at you. That's not to get you discouraged, it's fine to believe in a young earth or old earth and be a Christian-but I digress.
It is not fine. :|
It contradicts science and reason... :(
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

IceMobster wrote:
Philip wrote:
Why go against reason?

Welcome, btw. ;)
Hahaha!
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
It is not fine. :|
It contradicts science and reason... :(
What I meant was it's ok to be one and be a Christian. I don't agree with YEC though.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

I'm undecided on my creation stance (though drawn to progressive or theistic) but imo tis not important, what is important that we believe we were created.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:I'm undecided on my creation stance (though drawn to progressive or theistic) but imo tis not important, what is important that we believe we were created.
Well,

Technically, some TEs don't believe we were created, per se.
:lol:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

Thats just prompted a thought...
Am pondering evolution now, tis all I've been taught really, I dont dismiss it but tis flawed, feels flawed. Cant really explain it.
I can relate the big bang and to a point, evolution, to Genesis 1 and 2 but I still feel like im not descended from, I was created, am gonna ponder this,come back, and try and explain better.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

The anticipation is literally killing me. Please hurry!
:mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

hughfarey
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by hughfarey »

Hi Josh, and welcome to GodandScience. Does your appearance here imply a willingness to engage in Science, I wonder, or did you just want to affirm your faith? Thatkidakayoungguy was quite correct that YECs often get quite a rough ride by scientists, but this is not because of their Faith, but because of a general reluctance to engage in Science. To be sure there are groups like Answers in Genesis and the Institute for Creation Research who enjoy grabbing snippets of evidence from here and there which they claim substantiate YEC, and delight in a handful of maverick professors who more or less honestly attempt to engage their fields of expertise into a YEC interpretation, but in any final reckoning, have to dismiss Science when, as so often, it conflicts with their Faith.

Thatkidakayoungguy was, I think, perfectly correct that it's possible to be a YEC and a Christian. It is possible to interpret the bible in many different ways and be a Christian, even if some of them, as IceMobster says, "contradict science and reason." Most of the discussions I have had here have related to the borders of the realms of Faith and Reason, and there is nothing wrong in your committing yourself to a literal interpretation of Genesis. It's just that, in the absence of the acceptance of any Scientific interpretation of it, I wonder why you dropped in here?