Hey I'm Josh - AVID CREATIONIST

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Hey I'm Josh - AVID CREATIONIST

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:I'm undecided on my creation stance (though drawn to progressive or theistic) but imo tis not important, what is important that we believe we were created.
Well,

Technically, some TEs don't believe we were created, per se.
:lol:
Do you mean that some TEs think we evolved from apes, is that what you mean?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:I'm undecided on my creation stance (though drawn to progressive or theistic) but imo tis not important, what is important that we believe we were created.
Well,

Some TEs believe humans evolved. I wasn't specifically thinking "apes".

Whatever they believe we evolved from, is different than believing humans were created as fully human.

Some see it as a subtle difference. Others see it as a big difference.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

RickD wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
Well,

Some TEs believe humans evolved. I wasn't specifically thinking "apes".

Whatever they believe we evolved from, is different than believing humans were created as fully human.

Some see it as a subtle difference. Others see it as a big difference.
True, this is a reason why I think humans were separate but similarly made to the other animals, but I see why other Christians would think otherwise. I do see a trend for over a century that some point out, that nature is viewed higher than man and that is partly due to the theory that man evolved from lower forms of life.
hughfarey
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by hughfarey »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Do you mean that some TEs think we evolved from apes, is that what you mean?
I class myself as a TE, and I think that the great apes and humans share a common ancestor. The exact definition of 'ape' is a moot point - some people think it only refers to modern chimps, gorillas and and orang utans, (maybe with with gibbons as associates), in which case I don't think humans evolved from them, but some people use the term to include all the ancestors of the modern great apes, which at some stage include the ancestors of humans, in which case I do think humans evolved from them.
I do see a trend for over a century that some point out, that nature is viewed higher than man and that is partly due to the theory that man evolved from lower forms of life.
I'm not sure I understand that. Some people believe that man is higher than nature because of being endowed with responsibility for it, and others than man is lower than nature because, having been given all these privileges, he disobeyed and 'fell'. Certainly there is a feeling among many people that "natural" things are intrinsically better than "man-made" things, as if everything man has done has been antagonistic to nature, rather than complementary to it. Evolutionists try not to see living things as 'higher' or 'lower', as it invariably leads to philosophical confusion.