Sri Sri on Jesus Christ

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Sri Sri on Jesus Christ

Post by 1over137 »

Please folks have a look at this interview https://placely.info/post/2512481/gurud ... nal-center

Sri Sri says Jesus did not die on the cross and traveled then to India.
Please, help me with analyzing his words, what is wrong and cannot be, etc.

Thanks.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
IceMobster
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Re: Sri Sri on Jesus Christ

Post by IceMobster »

"Because Jesus was the first one to bring the message that God is Love, Love is God and you are in him and he is in you and the kingdom of heaven is within you."
You are not in Him. The kingdom of heaven is not within you.

"And people even till today are finding in the dead sea, scrolls, there are things that Jesus spoken about breathing, about meditation, about vegetarianism. Have you heard about this? There are some scrolls which were found in some caves few years back. And when they saw that a very different knowledge was given by Jesus in those days."
Sources, sources, sourcesssssssssssssssss....?????????????????????????

"There was one Jesus, today there are seventy two sects of Christianity today and each one contradicts the other. So one thing is Jesus teach and it’s interpretation for the period has varied and varied and varied in many different forms."
It's like that with any religion, really.

"From Hebrew to English by the time it got translated so many mistakes were made. He said ‘our father in the heaven’, when he says ‘our father’, he meant the father of all of us."
Oh yes, Biblical scholar spotted! Again, I'd like a complete verse in Hebrew and then its translation with his commentaries (as did those who were translating and cribbing the text). Not this hearsay.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
AreEl
Recognized Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Considering a move to North Parricide in Jacob's Bosom.

Post by AreEl »

The Dead Sea Scrolls do not contain any books of the New Testament. The OT manuscripts of the Dead Sea Scrolls are faithful to the Bibles we now have. Sri Sri is full of shi* shi* on this topic.

Jesus never spoke about vegetarianism. The OT never promoted vegetarianism. The Passover meal required the killing of a lamb. Jesus observed the Spirit and the letter of the Law and would have eaten lamb.

Like all false faiths - atheism included - Hinduism reinvents Jesus into a more palatable individual to suit their own understanding twisted by sin.
Doing nothing is hard. You never know when you are finished.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

We happen to be in India at holy place (Art of Living) receiving cancer treatment only.
And Sri Sri is like kind of a pope here or even more - holy man not from this world.
So I googled something about him, his ideas on Christianity.
Through one recognized man we can meet Sri.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

People say all sorts of things. What response is needed if it's just his opinion?

Further, what makes him "holy"? How did he become so "enlightened"? I'm sure if you dig, you'll find issues with the guy.

India has dibs on false gurus and self-proclaimed holy men. Steer clear of the hogwash, snake oils and charmers.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Kurieuo wrote:People say all sorts of things. What response is needed if it's just his opinion?

Further, what makes him "holy"? How did he become so "enlightened"? I'm sure if you dig, you'll find issues with the guy.

India has dibs on false gurus and self-proclaimed holy men. Steer clear of the hogwash, snake oils and charmers.
Hana,

Mat 24:24 "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.
Mat 24:25 "Behold, I have told you in advance.
Mat 24:26 "So if they say to you, 'Behold, He is in the wilderness,' do not go out, or, 'Behold, He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe them.
Mat 24:27 "For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be. NASB

Be careful... Jesus warned you and us all...

Blessings
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
IceMobster
Christian: No

Post by IceMobster »

1over137 wrote:We happen to be in India at holy place (Art of Living) receiving cancer treatment only.
And Sri Sri is like kind of a pope here or even more - holy man not from this world.
So I googled something about him, his ideas on Christianity.
Through one recognized man we can meet Sri.
I'd do it to enlarge my knowledge of Hinduism. You could even correct his errors on Christ/Christianity if the opportunity allows.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Those incompetent roman soldiers, *tsk, tsk*, can't even tell when someone is dead.
Probably because they had never seen a dead body before, never crucified people before, never killed anyone before.
Rookies.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

B. W. wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:People say all sorts of things. What response is needed if it's just his opinion?

Hana,

Mat 24:24 "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.
Mat 24:25 "Behold, I have told you in advance.
Mat 24:26 "So if they say to you, 'Behold, He is in the wilderness,' do not go out, or, 'Behold, He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe them.
Mat 24:27 "For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be. NASB

Be careful... Jesus warned you and us all...

Blessings
-
-
-
Those Bible words were on my mind too.
Thak you B.W. No need to worry about me being mislead. My faith is strong in Christ.
Just my nature of explorer.

#foreverinmyheart