Jesus stayed on Earth

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Jesus stayed on Earth

Post by ultimate777 »

I can barely stand to type, or to compose things in general of any size, but if I were a writer I would write an alternative history novel such as found in uchronia.com
where Jesus stayed on Earth until at least the present day. If they tried to kill Him again He would use his power to prevent it. He would continue his ministry and keep in the public eye.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Jesus stayed on Earth

Post by crochet1949 »

No one killed Jesus Christ -- it Is true He was crucified -- but He GAVE His life -- it was not taken from Him. He came into this world for the purpose of showing us / mankind His Father in heaven. He came To die on the cross and to rise again from the dead three days later. In reality we wouldn't Want Him to have stayed on the earth. Because, as He told His followers -- He Needed to ascend back up to heaven. That way the Holy Spirit could come and indwell each believer and stay with the person all the time. Jesus Christ, as a man, could only be in one place at a time. He could be with individuals or with occasional groups.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:I can barely stand to type, or to compose things in general of any size, but if I were a writer I would write an alternative history novel such as found in uchronia.com
where Jesus stayed on Earth until at least the present day. If they tried to kill Him again He would use his power to prevent it. He would continue his ministry and keep in the public eye.
Why? Then you would ruin the greatest story ever told.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

RickD wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:I can barely stand to type, or to compose things in general of any size, but if I were a writer I would write an alternative history novel such as found in uchronia.com
I just wonder what would happen. A good writer of AH could at least give a good speculation of that.
And it wouldn't ruin anything.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:
I just wonder what would happen. A good writer of AH could at least give a good speculation of that.
Of course it would ruin the story. Think Roseanne Barr singing the national anthem kind of ruin. There's some things you just shouldn't mess with.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

RickD wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:
Of course it would ruin the story. Think Roseanne Barr singing the national anthem kind of ruin. There's some things you just shouldn't mess with.

Loose talk. Think, the Bible would still say what it says despite anything I write. And is the national anthem ruined? I don't think so.
Again, think.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

crochet1949 wrote:No one killed Jesus Christ -- it Is true He was crucified -- but He GAVE His life -- it was not taken from Him. He came into this world for the purpose of showing us / mankind His Father in heaven. He came To die on the cross and to rise again from the dead three days later. In reality we wouldn't Want Him to have stayed on the earth.

Speak for yourself.
Because, as He told His followers -- He Needed to ascend back up to heaven. That way the Holy Spirit could come and indwell each believer and stay with the person all the time.

Why Should the one prevent the other?

Jesus Christ, as a man, could only be in one place at a time.

I thought Jesus was God, and God could literally do anything. He could be with individuals or with occasional groups.
Are you really sure you are glad he is not on Earth, like he was before the ascencion, really? How could things not be better? Darn, if only I could write the book. No one who has the ability seems to have the cojones or the imagination to do it.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:

Loose talk. Think, the Bible would still say what it says despite anything I write. And is the national anthem ruined? I don't think so.
Again, think.
Maybe you're right! Sounds like an interesting story! :sleep:

-Edward R Murrow

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

ultimate777 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:No one killed Jesus Christ -- it Is true He was crucified -- but He GAVE His life -- it was not taken from Him. He came into this world for the purpose of showing us / mankind His Father in heaven. He came To die on the cross and to rise again from the dead three days later. In reality we wouldn't Want Him to have stayed on the earth.

Speak for yourself.
Because, as He told His followers -- He Needed to ascend back up to heaven. That way the Holy Spirit could come and indwell each believer and stay with the person all the time.

Why Should the one prevent the other?

Jesus Christ, as a man, could only be in one place at a time.

I thought Jesus was God, and God could literally do anything. He could be with individuals or with occasional groups.
Are you really sure you are glad he is not on Earth, like he was before the ascencion, really? How could things not be better? Darn, if only I could write the book. No one who has the ability seems to have the cojones or the imagination to do it.

Upon rereading your response -- several times -- I think I'm following your responses to my comments.

Jesus Christ was God in the flesh -- coming to be in/with the people that He created. He became like everyone else in the world, Except that He was Also God. So He could Not sin. He was tempted like we are -- He got His strength from His Father, just like We can.

Your comment "Speak for yourself" -- meaning that You would still want Him to be Here. And I would ask 'Why".

A fact to share -- God's Word tells us that in the Future -- we are Not told when -- but Jesus Christ Will come back to this earth - In Person - and will rule this world from Jerusalem for 1,000 yrs. It's called the Milenniel Reign of Christ. But that will be After the rapture of the church / the up-gathering of born-again believers/ and then the 7 yrs of tribulation experienced by those left behind. And Then the physical 2nd coming. The 1st coming was when He was born as a baby in the manger.

When Jesus Christ was here beginning as a baby and growing to manhood -- people rejected Him Or accepted Him. He spoke to the large crowds and the individual person. But, He could Not be with Each individual believer All the time. As a person, He had limited ability.

As the Scriptures tell us -- He was Not popular with everyone -- He was teaching a New teaching. The religious leaders of that day Didn't like that. He spoke the Truth and people don't like That kind of Truth. Biblical morality / ethics is NOT popular these days.

And Scripture Also tells us that in the end times , people will Not like to hear God's Truth -- they will turn away from it. And what do we see happening in Society -- exactly that. More and more wars and rumors Of more wars. Terrorism is more prevalent / spreading.

Isn't it Better to have the Holy Spirit indwelling each believer -- being personally responsible to God for our actions?! There's really no 'list' of things to Do -- but a personal relationship with God through Christ to experience. Whatever we do or say Should be done to bring honor to God. The idea is for people to be drawn To God through seeing our lives being lived through Him.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

RickD wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote: Why? Then you would ruin the greatest story ever told.

Again, think.
Maybe you're right! Sounds like an interesting story! :sleep:
I suspect you're being sarcastic, but if not there's hope for you yet.

Just to be on the safe side, better stay away from North Korea for awhile.