Multi-quoting

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Nicki
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Multi-quoting

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote:Sorry. Control v. I told you it's been a while. :oops:
Ah, it works! If I use control c and control v - not the browser editing thing. Thanks y@};- :ebiggrin:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

You're welcome. Sorry for the confusion.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

No problem - but in trying to quote more than one person, will my reply stay there if I go back to the thread and copy another quote?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Nicki wrote:No problem - but in trying to quote more than one person, will my reply stay there if I go back to the thread and copy another quote?
On my laptop, I can open another tab, and go back and forth, copying and pasting. But I can't on my iPhone. If I open another tab in safari, it kicks me off the website.

I think you can scroll down from where you're posting, to copy. On this site.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

The quick reply box? That should work well, but it doesn't have smilies.
IceMobster
Christian: No

Post by IceMobster »

Nicki wrote:Hey guys, how do you quote more than one person in one post? I used to be on this other forum where you clicked the quote button(s) and then 'reply', but here the quote button takes you straight to typing a post.
The way I do it is like this(tbh I find it easier than what Rick said since you do not have to manually type names.... nvm, didn't see 2nd page):
Click middle button (the scroll thingy) on all posts you want to quote (by clicking the quote button obviously).
That will open multiple tabs depending on how many posts you are quoting(tab, tabs = Image).
Afterwards, you click on 1st tab, copy the whole quote (press and hold left click until the text is highlighted, usually turns from black&white to white&blue (pattern being = colour of the text&colour of the background). If you have done so, let go of the left click and press right click somewhere on the text you just highlighted. Left click on "copy". IF you want to do it faster, hold CTRL and press C, which does the same (copies the text,duh)) and paste it (press right click, press "paste". IF you want to do it faster, hold CTRL and press V, which does the same) on the post you will be using to answer all those quotes.
Nicki wrote:The quick reply box? That should work well, but it doesn't have smilies.
Each emote consists of signs and letters. Such as : m r g r e e n : ---> :mrgreen:
You can type them manually.
Just do as Rick and I do which I described above.
Reading again, it looks complicated but it really is easy and quick.

As Rick said, this works not for phones.
Nicki wrote:No problem - but in trying to quote more than one person, will my reply stay there if I go back to the thread and copy another quote?
In the first tab you open using MB3, copy paste all the other quotes(from other tabs). If you click "back" (the arrow in the upper left corner), it won't go well. :mrgreen:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!