Burial or cremation?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Burial or cremation?

Post by RickD »

That's it Nessa!!!!

I believe storyteller is suffering ptsd from being in the womb, which is causing her fear of being enclosed.
:ghostincupboard:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:That's it Nessa!!!!

I believe storyteller is suffering ptsd from being in the womb, which is causing her fear of being enclosed.
There may be something in that!
I'm not keen on being inside anywhere, I am happiest outside, under the sky, free. I love camping, sleep better in a tent than behind walls. Everything that drives me, that means something to me, involves space, or escape.
Even books are a way of escape. All I have to do is figure out what I'm trying to escape from.
Sometimes, I feel so alone. Not in a lonely way necessarily, more kinda different. I yearn to fly free, to run, to do lsomething.
I feel trapped sometimes, is that just my soul yearning to be where it belongs, with God? Why do I care what happens to my physical self after I die?
Why do I fear it? Not death, or for my soul after death, but for my body?
The essence of what makes me, me is safe in the hands of God, contained in this shell that allows me to experience this brief moment in eternity that is my life.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:

I'm not keen on being inside anywhere, I am happiest outside, under the sky, free. I love camping, sleep better in a tent than behind walls. Everything that drives me, that means something to me, involves space, or escape.
Even books are a way of escape. All I have to do is figure out what I'm trying to escape from.
Sometimes, I feel so alone. Not in a lonely way necessarily, more kinda different. I yearn to fly free, to run, to do lsomething.
I feel trapped sometimes, is that just my soul yearning to be where it belongs, with God? Why do I care what happens to my physical self after I die?
The essence of what makes me, me is safe in the hands of God, contained in this shell that allows me to experience this brief moment in eternity that is my life.
Welcome to my world. y(:|
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:

Welcome to my world. y(:|
So hard sometimes isn't it?

It's just kinda like I don't feel complete, y'know? How can I be til I meet with my Lord?
I wonder what eternity with Him will be like. I hope there will still be things to learn, challenges and things to discover.
I don't ever want to know all there is to know, I don't think we will either.

Was thinking about aliens, what it would mean about God, especially if there is intelligent life out there. God could well have created aliens too, even some more intelligent than us, but that doesn't mean they were made in His image too. Intelligence isn't that image, it's our spirits, our souls. So aliens could exist.
It would be fascinating to discover if they believed in, or even knew about, God. I don't they would. I think only us humans can believe in God because we are the only beings created in His image. Just thought of Satan. He believes in God. Was he created in Gods image at the start?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ST wrote:
I think only us humans can believe in God because we are the only beings created in His image. Just thought of Satan. He believes in God. Was he created in Gods image at the start?
Annette,

When we say that we believe in God, like "believe" in John 3:16, the word believe, means trust. So, for example, we will have everlasting life, if we trust in Christ.

Satan wasn't given an opportunity for redemption, so he can't trust/believe in God, in a salvation sense.

And as far as I'm aware, scripture doesn't say anything about angels being created in God's image.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:
ST wrote:
I think only us humans can believe in God because we are the only beings created in His image. Just thought of Satan. He believes in God. Was he created in Gods image at the start?
Annette,

When we say that we believe in God, like "believe" in John 3:16, the word believe, means trust. So, for example, we will have everlasting life, if we trust in Christ.

Satan wasn't given an opportunity for redemption, so he can't trust/believe in God, in a salvation sense.

And as far as I'm aware, scripture doesn't say anything about angels being created in God's image.
I meant believe as in believe He exists, like only we can be aware of God because we are made in His image but then that theory falls down because Satan and the angels are aware of Him. Was just a thought.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

burial with some wisdom of mine on the stone...
... for further generations...
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:burial with some wisdom of mine on the stone...
Perhaps with an epitaph poem, written in Sloenglish? :pound:

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

8-}2 no, written in englovak
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:
1over137 wrote:burial with some wisdom of mine on the stone...
Perhaps with an epitaph poem, written in Sloenglish? :pound:
Yours would be...

I only said make me a sammich woman!
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Ya'll were actually Serious for a few minutes --- has it occurred to anyone that a person might Not Have a choice? If you're in a plane that explodes mid-air or on take off?! Or in Any kind of a crash that includes a fire. Or in an explosion -- there might not be much of anything left To bury.

But we're talking about an everyday situation. Anything Biblical about it - one way or another? Not that I've come across. A person doesn't usually Have a choice -- the family does. Does either make a difference of where we spend eternity? Not that I know of.

I would not Choose to die in a fire or drown or die a slow painful death. But it's not my choice. It's God's choice.

So -- friends / family -- this body is our earthly shell -- the most important part of Me -- my soul will be in either heaven or hell Immediately after my last breath. And My soul will be with Christ Immediately. With a glorified body.