Happy Hanukkah!

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Happy Hanukkah!

Post by Gman »

Happy Hanukkah everyone... If Christ celebrated it, then I will too... ;)

Some of my favorites...

The Hanukkah Mensch's 8 Nights Of Hanukkah
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=fShBI-h2Vmw

Chanukkah Homeboy
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQCzRznX7Oc

The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Happy Hanukkah!

Post by B. W. »

Happy Hanukkah!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Happy Hanukkah!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Zionist
Established Member

Post by Zionist »

Happy Hanukkah everyone and may the Lord bless all on this site during the feast of dedication!! shalom
Our rightousness is of filthy rags and in the eyes of God all have gone astray and nobody is justified under the Law. We are saved by the Grace of God through our faith in Him and in Him who he has sent Jesus Christ alone. There is no other way.
GreyDeSilvisanctis
Recognized Member

Post by GreyDeSilvisanctis »

Let there be rejoicing. :) Happy Hannukah friends! Shalom.
"ג Magna opera Domini, ד exquirenda omnibus, qui cupiunt ea." - Ps. 111:2 [NVV]

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth 'thrown in': aim at Earth and you will get neither." - C.S. Lewis
christianwarrior
Familiar Member

Post by christianwarrior »

Happy Hanukkah everyone. “Then you shall make a lampstand (מְנֹרַ֖ת, menorat) of pure gold. The lampstand (הַמְּנוֹרָה֙, hammenowrah) and its base and its shaft are to be made of hammered work; its cups, its bulbs and its flowers shall be of one piece with it. Six branches shall go out from its sides; three branches of the lampstand (מְנֹרָ֗ה, menorah) from its one side and three branches of the lampstand (מְנֹרָ֔ה, menorah) from its other side." Exodus 25:31-32 "You shall charge the sons of Israel, that they bring you clear oil of beaten olives for the light, to make a lamp burn continually. In the tent of meeting, outside the veil which is before the testimony, Aaron and his sons shall keep it in order from evening to morning before the Lord; it shall be a perpetual statute throughout their generations for the sons of Israel." Exodus 27:20-21 The Menorah was in the Tabernacle until Solomon built the Temple. Hanukkah celebrates the successful rebellion against the Greek ruler Antiochus IV Epiphanes who tried to get the Jews to adopt the Greek gods. He even tried to build an altar to Zeus at the altar Solomon had built for the Lord. Antiochus also smeared the Temple of the Lord with body parts of pigs so that the temple would be unclean. The Jews rebelled and defeated their enemies. After the rebellion the Jews only had one day worth of oil to light up the Menorah candles in Solomon's temples. By a miracle the oil lasted 8 days providing enough time for the oil to be re-supplied.. This is significant to Christians because if the rebellion had failed then the Jews would have been worshiping Greek gods and there would no nation for which the Messiah to emerge from. http://jewsforjesus.org/publications/ne ... 2/hanukkah