Video Game Talk

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
User avatar
Zak
Familiar Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:14 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Video Game Talk

#1

Post by Zak » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:44 pm

Hey, what games do you like? I'm liking Team Fortress 2 right now. Anyone play it? I play it at Steam, and you can go on a server and play on teams. My avatar is an engineer from the game. :ebiggrin:
Image

A Y323
Recognized Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:06 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Video Game Talk

#2

Post by A Y323 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:56 am

Hi Zak.

I play a lot of games. Not PC games so much because all I have is my laptop and its specs aren't that great. Mostly I play on my xbox 360. If I play a PC game it's probably an RTS like Sins of a Solar Empire, Star Wars: Empire at War, Age of Empires, and Starcraft. (just noticed most of those have "empire" in them, lol)

I have The Orange Box for xbox and it includes Team Fortress 2, but I haven't got to play it yet because our internet is way too slow for me to use xbox live. I wish I could play it split-screen with some friends because I've heard it's a really fun game. One of my favorite video game series is Mass Effect. It has a really good story. I played the first one at least 5 times. Just finished the second one again a while ago, can't wait for the third to come out. I'd list some other games I've played recently, but most of them are rated Mature, and I'm not sure about the board's policy on that...?

User avatar
sinnerbybirth
Established Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 2:26 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Video Game Talk

#3

Post by sinnerbybirth » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:04 am

Hey Zac,
Super Hero Squad on the Wii. Not to mention I like Rabbids go home.....I mean my "kids" like Rabbids go home. :lol:

I grew up playing RPG's, All the way back with the Commodore 64. The first RPG I ever played,dare I say.......The Bard's Tale. Man that 8 bit system rocked! :pound:

User avatar
Zak
Familiar Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:14 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Video Game Talk

#4

Post by Zak » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:18 am

I like rts game but most are too easy so beat them in a week or two. Rome total war is a very hard game you should play it. :)
Image

A Y323
Recognized Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:06 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Video Game Talk

#5

Post by A Y323 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:44 am

I think I remember watching a friend play Rome Total War, it did look fun. I also remember trying to install a different Total War game a few years ago, it almost made my computer blow up I think :lol: Maybe I should get a new one...

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1806
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Video Game Talk

#6

Post by BavarianWheels » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:10 am

.
.
I used to play Counter-Strike almost religiously a few years ago. When I finally gave up on PC's and all their problems and went fully to Mac at home, there was no Mac version of Steam, so I had to quit cold turkey...which is probably a good thing. :) I believe there is a Mac version now, but I dare not download it! At the moment I'm slightly addicted to Bejeweled 2 on my iTouch. That's been the game for the past week or two. Before that was (and still is to a degree) DoodleJump.

:)
.
.

User avatar
Zak
Familiar Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:14 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Video Game Talk

#7

Post by Zak » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:00 pm

I play css and its funny but i get kill a lot it hard.
Image

User avatar
Zak
Familiar Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:14 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Video Game Talk

#8

Post by Zak » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:03 pm

Does anyone play half live 2. I played the game and i think its the best game ever.
Image

User avatar
sinnerbybirth
Established Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 2:26 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Video Game Talk

#9

Post by sinnerbybirth » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:29 pm

BavarianWheels wrote:When I finally gave up on PC's and all their problems and went fully to Mac at home
I knew it! You mac weinnie! ;) I must confess, my first computer I was ever around (my brothers) was a Macintosh 128K. It was between that and a Radio Shack Trash 80 (TRS 80). Once we tried the Mac, the choice was clear as crystal. :D
Zak wrote:Does anyone play half live 2. I played the game and i think its the best game ever.
I have not played half life 2, most of the games I played are war games. Like, C.O.D. series games. How is half life 2?

User avatar
Zak
Familiar Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:14 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Video Game Talk

#10

Post by Zak » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:56 pm

It a horror game its bloody and gritty, but its funny and you get a lot of guns. :guns:
Image

User avatar
sinnerbybirth
Established Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 2:26 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Video Game Talk

#11

Post by sinnerbybirth » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:16 pm

Zak wrote:It a horror game its bloody and gritty, but its funny and you get a lot of guns. :guns:
Sounds like my kinda game Zak. Maybe someday when I catch up to the the 21st century we can play online.

smiley
Established Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:27 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Video Game Talk

#12

Post by smiley » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:31 pm

A True Christian would never play such bloody and violent games. . . ;)

(and in case someone doesn't get it - no, I'm not being serious)
"Imagine if we picked the wrong god. Every time we go to church, we're just make him madder and madder." - Homer Simpson

User avatar
ChrisB
Established Member
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:31 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Oregon
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Re: Video Game Talk

#13

Post by ChrisB » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:18 pm

*sigh* I tried liking RTS games, though after playing the likes of StarCraft and Age of Empires, I've since abandoned them since I'm so lousy at them. :shakehead:

Currently, I'm playing...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Soul Calibur IV
Mirror's Edge
Pure
And anything Metroid...
"Materialists and madmen never have doubts." -G.K. Chesterton

User avatar
Zak
Familiar Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:14 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Video Game Talk

#14

Post by Zak » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Does anyone play zelda game. beat all but one and it hard and i have soul calibur 2 and I don't like.
Image

User avatar
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 807
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:48 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Video Game Talk

#15

Post by Gabrielman » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:10 pm

Zak wrote:Does anyone play zelda game. beat all but one and it hard and i have soul calibur 2 and I don't like.
I played the Four Swords on my old game boy, but other than that I can't think of any others....
Samuel wrote:*sigh* I tried liking RTS games, though after playing the likes of StarCraft and Age of Empires, I've since abandoned them since I'm so lousy at them. :shakehead:

Currently, I'm playing...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Soul Calibur IV
Mirror's Edge
Pure
And anything Metroid...
Darn it Samuel, get to the anime thread already!!!


Soul Calibur was fun.... although the lack of walking around in a huge open environment kind of killed it after one go through...
smiley wrote:A True Christian would never play such bloody and violent games. . . ;)

(and in case someone doesn't get it - no, I'm not being serious)
:o Oh how dare you!!!!!! Who are you to judge!!!! :shakehead: :mrgreen: :lol: Just kidding! ;)
sinnerbybirth wrote:
Zak wrote:It a horror game its bloody and gritty, but its funny and you get a lot of guns. :guns:
Sounds like my kinda game Zak. Maybe someday when I catch up to the the 21st century we can play online.
We don't go to Ravenholm.... that's all I will say..... :econfused:
sinnerbybirth wrote: I knew it! You mac weinnie! ;) I must confess, my first computer I was ever around (my brothers) was a Macintosh 128K. It was between that and a Radio Shack Trash 80 (TRS 80). Once we tried the Mac, the choice was clear as crystal. :D
:pound: Yes, any sane man would use a pc after getting a look at a mac!!!
A Y323 wrote:I think I remember watching a friend play Rome Total War, it did look fun. I also remember trying to install a different Total War game a few years ago, it almost made my computer blow up I think :lol: Maybe I should get a new one...
So long as you don't go Windows Seven, then games should work on it, lol I have read so many things online trouble shooting for Vista with some games, :lol: It's funny cause after some point when people fixed their problems, they went 7 and came back with the same stuff!!!!
sinnerbybirth wrote:Hey Zac,
Super Hero Squad on the Wii. Not to mention I like Rabbids go home.....I mean my "kids" like Rabbids go home. :lol:

I grew up playing RPG's, All the way back with the Commodore 64. The first RPG I ever played,dare I say.......The Bard's Tale. Man that 8 bit system rocked! :pound:
:pound: Nice, speaking of old games, if you like RPG's you should try one of the Elder Scroll games. I downloaded TES (Arena) 1 and 2 (Daggerfall) for free from the Official Bethesda website. I still haven't beaten them though...... then again I also don't have a lot of free time. However I have played through Oblivion, and most of Morrowind (I have had Morrowind for so long.... still so much left to explore........) :shock:
Image
That is a pic from Morrowind in the town of Seyda Neen...... I love RPG's... lol maybe too much!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.

Post Reply